PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner

sonamae80
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
So, while on our trip to WDW in June 2012, my brother and SIL will be celebrating their anniversary! I want to send them somewhere really unique and special. This is the list I've got going so far:

California Grill
Todd English's bluezoo
Citricos
Kouzzina
Bistro de Paris
Shula's Steak House

I am trying to figure out transportation for them. They love their wine, so them driving themselves is not possible! Would the buses be an option? How would that work after their done with dinner? Would they have to go back to a park to then hop another bus back to AKL?

Also, of that list, what do you suggest?

Sorry if this is confusing! ;)

W24toISMdirect
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
California Grill via...

Bus from AKL to MK, resort monorail to Contemporary and back to MK bus back to AKL.

:thumbsup:

andmomlau
11-17-2011, 08:14 PM
California Grille is fantastic....also, look into LeCellier in EPCOT...that's our absolute favorite!

AllDisney
11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
JIKO....it's right there at AKL. Wonderful wine selection and the food is wonderful:thumbsup:

T--
11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian is sublime. Seafood and Steaks. Bus to the TTC then resort monorail to GFlo. They pipe music in during Wishes and you can see fireworks from your window seat, outside the restaurant on the dock or walk out to the launch pier.

dtootsie42
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
We Love Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian. To us it is a very special and wonderful place to celebrate. From your list I guess I would pick California Grill...but have to say we still prefer Narcoossees over the Cali grill.

As another poster stated bus to the TTC and then take the monorail....I guess a taxi would also be another option.

BrerGnat
11-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I highly recommend Bluezoo!

For transportation, a simple taxi ride would be the best option from any of the resorts. There are always plenty of taxis waiting out front of the resorts.

Bistro de Paris is another very special location for an anniversary meal. Simple park transportation (bus back to AK) is provided since it's inside Epcot.

sonamae80
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Does anyone know a ballpark figure on what taxi fare runs when traveling on WDW grounds?

Thanks! ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
We Love Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian. To us it is a very special and wonderful place to celebrate. From your list I guess I would pick California Grill...but have to say we still prefer Narcoossees over the Cali grill.

As another poster stated bus to the TTC and then take the monorail....I guess a taxi would also be another option.

I would recommend Naroossee's also!! Have had a few anniversary dinners there, and never been disappointed. Window seat looking out to castle and Wishes--:cloud9:!!

RichGuy
11-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Victora & Albert's... the wine there is serious business, as is the food. It's about as special as it gets. Be sure to tell them it's an anniversary so it can be printed on your menus.

As far as getting back to the hotel, get them a cab. The staff at V&A will be happy to arrange for one to be waiting for them when you leave.

Best guess, it'd be about $25 back to the AKL... I think it was ~$20 to get back to Beach Club from the Grand.

ThanxForNoticin
11-24-2011, 03:22 PM
JIKO....it's right there at AKL. Wonderful wine selection and the food is wonderful:thumbsup:

When reading your post (and by the way, you have an excellent list of great restaurants), I agree with AllDisney and the idea of Jiko. It's an outstanding restaurant known for their wines, and it's so convenient if you are staying at AKL. It might be your best option.

Tinkerbellfan
11-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Jikos right at the AKL is one of our favorites. We also really like the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk or California Grill at the Cont.