PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh-Yacht Club Smell!!

hurricanehannas4evr
11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I know this sounds weird, but I can't wait to smell the Yacht Club smell!!!

There is a scent in the Yacht Club when you are entering from Stormalong Bay that is a combination of sand, beach, sandalwood candle??

Does anyone know what this is and how to bottle it up and take it home??

BrerGnat
11-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Actually, yes, you can have this smell at home. There is a company that Disney uses for its scents in the resorts. The company sells diffusers and the scents online. They are EXPENSIVE, so be warned!

The company is called Enviroscent. You can google it. What you would need is the AccScent HD home fragrance system. The scent in the Yacht/Beach Club lobbies is:

Green Clover and Aloe.

So, yes, your house can smell like this year round, for about $200 plus $49 for each cartridge refill ! :eek:

buzznwoodysmom
11-17-2011, 05:24 PM
A little over a year ago I purchased a small system from Enviroscent. The system will only smell up one small room,but it was only $40 and came with several packs of beads. I think a set of refills (around 5-10 refills) was about $15. I LOVE it. My living room smells just like the Yacht Club (and Beach Club) when I run the machine. I actually wanted to buy another one, or two, to smell up more of my house, but the machine was discontinued. I contacted the company and I can still order the beads to go with the machine by calling customer service, but I don't think you can purchase the machine any longer.

You may be able to find one on ebay. The name of the machine was Scent Breeze, and is a "room aroma diffuser". I am looking at the paperwork that came with it and it looks like there are two names you can search, Enviroscent or ScentAir Technologies, Inc. Looks like I went to one of those websites when I purchased the machine. Also the scent is called Green Clover and Aloe.

Bath and Body Works used to have a scent that smelled very similar to the "official" BC/YC scent. It was called rain kissed leaves. Of course this one has been discontinued as well. Can't you tell I love that scent??? LOL. I wish Disney would sell the stuff!

Good luck finding it!

TiggeRia
11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm excited to smell the Yacht Club...staying there for the first time in less than three weeks!! :mickey:

CosmicRay
11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I had to laugh when I read this post! I am all about the smells and sounds of Disney. I just turned to DH and said "oh honey, there are people just as crazy as we are!" I use crazy in a good way :mickey:

hurricanehannas4evr
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for the detailed responses!! My DW does think I am crazy for posting this..she calls me a weirdo, but even after 10 years I can still remember that smell and you can bet I'll be looking for it online!!

Mitzie
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
There was a scent in the AKL lobby as well. We were just there this past Oct. and we were on the Zebra trail..as soon as you came around the corner near the lobby you could catch that scent...wish I was there now...:cloud9:

Tigerinvestigator
11-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Yep I love the smell of the resorts as well. The Great Ceremonial House at the Poly smells like pepper plants to me, the AKL does have a very unique scent, and we always love coming back from the parks at the end of the day and smelling the lobby. The Dolphin has a very unique smell as well that is really good. I could also recognize the smell at the CR easily!:thumbsup: