PDA

View Full Version : The Franklin's October trip - part 2 contd

JoF
11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Halloween Party 20th October
We had a fairly relaxed morning and did some shopping (and eating ghiradellis) at DTD.We stayed far longer than we intended to - oh well.
We met up with our friends outside the POFQ food court - all dressed as some kind of pirate. I had even managed to pack stick on beards.
We got the bus to MK - it was fun to see all the people in their Halloween costumes.
Our friends had reservations for Liberty Tree Tavern so we arranged to meet up with them for the parade.
We made our way round the trick or treat trails - going through the werthers candy several times in different order to try and confuse the cast members that we hadn't really been through before - honest!
It was time for the parade - we met up with our friends and settled down with a pretzel and hot chocolate. We got lots of Mickey shaped lolly pops from the goofy candy co.
We made our way to haunted mansion - I love the new ending - it was the first time on for Rosie so she was a little nervous but actually quite liked it in the end.
We just got out in time to see the fireworks although we were at the back of the castle and so the viewing was a bit restricted.

We have attended the Halloween party twice before and this time it was SO much busier. The queue for Jack Sparrow meet was 45 minutes! Some areas got very crowded and were very slow moving. We kind of thought that if we end up in WDW again we wouldnt bother with the party next time.
We had great fun and even saw the second parade too - we think that a lot of people had cancelled from the Tuesday night because the weather was bad - heavy rain predicted - therefore making the Thursday night much busy than it might of been.
I think we got to bed around 1pm but only after checking how much candy we had got about three times!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
wonderful day! We were in MK on that day to! It was my b-day! We didn't go to the party though, but, we stayed in MK to the very last minute before the party started

faline
11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Love the party! Glad you enjoyed it!

Noah's Helper
11-18-2011, 10:12 AM
A popular night for the party -- we were there too. We were among those who switched from Tuesday night.

We didn't think the crowd was too bad, though, except for the fireworks and some of the more popular character lines.

SBETigg
11-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a fun time, even with crowds. We had a Pirate and Princess party in the rain once, and it was the best night, no crowds, and all the fun things were still going on. Plus, they gave us MK tickets for another time as we were leaving to make up for the rain (which was unnecessary for us, since we had a great time, but a nice extra).

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the report:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

RAIDER
11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Glad you had a brilliant time .... by the sounds of it you must have had enough candy to open a sweet shop in the UK :thumbsup:

JoF
11-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Um .... yes we did! :blush:
I have actually just got to the end of all the sweets I brought back with me - I have been eeking them out over the last few weeks since getting home.
Raider - have a great trip - I know you are off to WDW soon :thumbsup: