PDA

View Full Version : The Franklins October Trip - Part 2

JoF
11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Cast - Me (Jo-41), Sister (Deb-37), Neice (Rosie-10), Mum (Jayne-66), Dad (Trevor-74)

Our whirlwind meet with our friends from New Jersey.

Two years ago while in WDW we met two lovely people from New Jersey - they go every year for their anniversary. We got on really well and have kept in touch at Christmas and through facebook.

They were booked into POP for five days during our first week. They had tried to get into POFQ when they knew we would be there at the same time but could only get Riverside.
Anyway, upon checkin at Riverside they asked and a room at POFQ was available so they transferred.
We had a message in our room - they were off to Magic Kingdom the next day and so were we!
We called them and arranged to meet for breakfast.
It was great to see them - we got the bus to MK and we were on a mission! I think we went on nearly every attraction. We had chosen a day when the Halloween party was on so the wait times were fairly short.
This trip, Rosie had tried some of the bigger rides and was now addicted. I think she managed about 5 goes on Space Mountain. I have to say that twice was enough for me and Deb!
We had some lunch in Cosmic Rays - I had a really nice turkey sandwich. I have to say that the food here seemed much nicer than on previous visits.
We left around 6 absolutely exhausted but having had a supremely fun day.
The next day we all went to EPCOT - around the world for the food and wine festival, watched Sugar Ray at Eat to the Beat which was hilarious and fabulous at the same time!
Deb Rosie and I also did Test Track about 3 times - we went on the single rider line - how great was this - we just strode on up to the front. The majority of the time, two of us ended up in the same car anyway - too good!
We also went on Soarin, living with the land, turtle talk,and the Seas with Nemo. We watched illuminations and made our way back home - another great day.

Goofeygal
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Sounds great.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like a wonderful 2 days.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Sounds great. It's lots of fun meeting up with friends we did this last visit.

faline
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
What a fun couple of days! How nice you were able to meet up with friends you made while at Disney World!

pdrlkr
11-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: