PDA

View Full Version : Another Polynesian Question

M Riddle
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
I think we want to request a room in the Fiji Longhouse. Can anyone tell me about the pros and cons of this building?

SBETigg
11-16-2011, 03:54 PM
We were in Fiji, marina side. We could even see the castle, off to the side, just a bit. It was fantastic. I loved Fiji. The location, right next to the GCH, is awesome, as well as watching boats go in and out of the marina. You can see the action around the pool and down the beach, when boat launches to MK are coming and going. Our balcony was ideal for people watching.

I think a con might be that if you're on the other side, you feel further out and you can hear the show going on in luau cove. But is wasn't a problem for us. Another con, be sure to keep your shades drawn at night because if you leave them open, the people dining at 'Ohana can see right inside your room.

GrumpySue
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
We were in Fiji on the other side facing Luau Cove and it was very loud, so loud that we had to move rooms. I would definately suggest either Samoa or Tokelau, both great longhouses.

M Riddle
11-18-2011, 10:55 AM
GrumpySue which longhouse were you moved to? Were you happy there? We don't want to be looking into a bunch of bushes only. We need to see pathways, and lights along with the landscaping. We would also prefer to be near the GCH. Any suggestions Intercoters?

SBETigg
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
We've been in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool and also enjoyed that- view besides pool is pathways, torches, people coming and going, and the top of Space Mountain and some fireworks visibility. It's right next to the GCH on the other side. The potential downside there is that the other side of the building faces parking lot/monorail tracks. We preferred Fiji, but according to the other poster, probably only if you can get marina side. Both Samoa and Tokelau are central with the buildings facing the other way, so no chance of parking lot view.

mydisneygirls
11-18-2011, 12:22 PM
We have always stayed in Tokelau. Great location to everything. The last time we stayed there, I requested a room closest to the lagoon. Although we couldn't see the entire lagoon, we did get a small view of it.

M Riddle
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you everyone. This is very helpful information. We requested Fiji, 3rd floor, mairna view.:fingers: If when we check in we are assigned the other side of Fiji we will request a different building. If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas we would love to hear them. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
11-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Yep that side of Fiji is awesome. We've been lucky enough to have a marina view twice (actually the same room) without making a request. Great location for walking to the GCH and the boat launch to MK.:thumbsup: