PDA

View Full Version : Staying @ WDW Resort..how to get to Universal?

emerzmom
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I am sure this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find the topic in archives (I am sure it is me).
We are staying at WDW Resort but my daughter wants to go to Universal one day (to see Harry Potter of course).
Is there a place on site to rent a car? What about a car service or taxi?
What is the most reasonable way to get there and back?
Thanks for any input on this.
:mickey:
Julie

faline
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
You might want to check out this thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=186126&highlight=universal)!

c&d
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
We rented through Enterprise at the Royal Plaza (DTD) when we went to see a shuttle launch. It was ~$30/day and it was nice because we didn't have to pay the "pick up fee" the other car rental place wanted to charge.

hel5165
11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
There are taxis behind the World of Disney store at the Marketplace. It costs about $30 each way. When you leave Universal the taxis are lined up outside the exit.

faline
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
There are taxis behind the World of Disney store at the Marketplace. It costs about $30 each way.

There are taxis readily available at each Disney World resort. You may not see them but they are there. Just ask someone at Bell Services and they will summon one for you and you'll be on board in just a few minutes.

Carol
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I agree. A taxi is your best bet. It will drop you off right in front of the park. Also, grab one from Downtown Disney, as suggested above. Much cheaper. When you leave Universal there is a taxi stand at the exit to get you back. Have fun.

emerzmom
11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

brownie
11-17-2011, 10:08 AM
You could also make use of Quicksilver Tours & Transportation, an INTERCOT sponsor.