PDA

View Full Version : The Franklins October Trip part 1 contd

JoF
11-15-2011, 08:28 AM
After finally checking in and getting some halloween candy we were given two connecting rooms on the ground floor in building 6, it couldn't have been better.
We grabbed something to eat and picked up our refillable mugs.
I did some unpacking - we decided to try and stay up as long as possible before staggering to bed.
We still woke up incredibly early - around 4am - tried to go back to sleep but ended up chatting about our plans for the next two weeks.
Deb, Rosie and Me decided to go to the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom. We had never done this before and couldn't wait for the bus to arrive.
We got a spot in front of the train station and were given handfuls of mickey confetti to throw at the end of the countdown.
We really enjoyed this - it even made my sister and I tear up a little - sad I know!
We stayed in MK til lunchtime after going on all the mountains several times and getting a huge cinnamon roll for our breakfast.
We made our way back to POFQ to meet up with Mum and Dad.

faline
11-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Traveling across time zones like that really does mess up when you want to sleep and be awake!!! On the plus, side, you were up early enough to see the opening ceremony!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh, I hope to be there for opening ceremony one day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a lovely start:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: