PDA

View Full Version : The Franklins October Trip part 1

JoF
11-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Well, we have been back just over two weeks so I thought it was about time I wrote a quick report of our trip!
Cast - Me (Jo - 41), Sister (Deb - 37), Neice (Rosie -10), Mum (Jayne - 66), and Dad (Trevor - 74)
We were booked for two weeks at POFQ. We stayed at the airport the night before our flight and checked in our luggage too. This meant we could go straight to the gate in the morning for our flight. Our 9 hour flight was fairly uneventful but comfortable. However, once we got into immigration, thats when the fun started! It took two hours to get through - they were having problems with their IT system and there were about 400 other people all in front of us in the queue! We could see our luggage going round and round on the carousel but could do nothing about it. Once we were through we then went to pick up our car. I ended up having to pay another $200 to upgrade as the holiday rep had booked too small a car for all of us and our luggage. By that point I was too tired to care.
So, picked up our car and then joined another queue to get out - the hire car system was different this time - you had to drive up to a booth where the car was barcoded out.
The drive to the hotel was going great but it was starting to get dark and I was so tired that I missed the right turning towards DTD resorts. Ended up going into Magic Kingdom gates and checking the directions and then driving around past fort wilderness to the other side of POFQ. Luckily I recognised Bonnet Creek parkway - we had arrived!

faline
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
An extremely long line at customs and more money for your car rental is NOT what you need at the end of a long flight! Hope things get much better once you are settled in to your resort!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, at least you have arrived! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow, airport hassles, car/driving hassles. But you made it! Let the fun begin.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Whew, a few hiccups but you made it okay:)

pdrlkr
11-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: