View Full Version : Garden Grill Walk Up When the First Open?

Goes4FastPass
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
:goofy2: Garsh! We just can’t get a Garden Grill ADR for our upcoming WDW trip. Not any day, not any time.

If we keep trying and still can’t manage to get a reservation would it be at all worthwhile for us to be at the Garden Grill before they open and ask if they have any availability?

Surely they must have some start of the day no-shows. (Not necessarily and don’t call me Shirley.)

Is this an “OK” idea or would it be fool’s errand?

Strmchsr
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
The answer is "it depends." What you're suggesting is definitely not impossible. They do sometimes work folks in, but if no ADRs are available it's also not likely. If you're going during a "free" dining period, I wouldn't waste my time going. They're usually overbooked during those times anyway.

DizneyRox
11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it's a real shocker! I remember when they were waving people down to come in and sit. I think they were open for lunch and dinner then as well. The past few times, they have been VERY busy and only serving dinner.

Haven't been able to get in at all in recent years, but we haven't tried real hard either. If the keg ain't empty at the Biergarten, that's usually where we're eating.

Kairi_7378
11-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't see the harm in trying.

Tigerinvestigator
11-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Maybe you will get lucky like we did a few trips ago. We always have adr's for Garden Grill because it is our favorite. But we were unable to get one and wanted to walk in. We caught a very rainy day and were able to walk in with no problem. Alot of people don't make their ADR's in the rain!:thumbsup:

Katzateer
11-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Used to have no problem when they first open. Then about 3years ago I had no luck and hadn't been able to get a seating until our last trip in Sept. Seems like they have plenty of tables not sure why they only seat a section at a time. Good luck-hope you an get in as a walk in!

I have had a lot of luck at Konas as a walk in.

PETE FROM NYC
11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
We did a walk i dinner Sept 10. But we tried several times that day to get in.
Try, you have nothing to lose.

W24toISMdirect
11-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Well turns out (Goes4FastPass is my dad for those of you haven't figured it out yet) that we won't be attempting to walk into Garden Grill this trip... because we happened into an ADR. So yeah, go us.