PDA

View Full Version : ADR's at Crystal Palace - Cancellation penalty?

Gregandmel
11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if Crystal Palace is one of the places where you are charged $10 per person for not showing up to your ADR's? Hoping that the rules will make it easier to get into some of the places that are hard to get into sometimes. I didn't see them listed on the list here on Intercot, but thought I had read somewhere else that they were included. Thanks!

Narawen
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, the list includes all character meals and signature dining.

chrisie703
11-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes, now the following restaurants require a $10 deposit:

• 1900 Park Fare
• Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
• Artist Point
• California Grill
• Cape May Café
• Chef Mickey’s
• Cítricos
• The Crystal Palace
• Flying Fish Café
• The Garden Grill
• Hollywood & Vine
• Jiko – The Cooking Place
• Le Cellier Steakhouse
• Narcoossee’s
• ‘Ohana
• Tusker House Restaurant
• The Hollywood Brown Derby
• Victoria & Albert’s (cancellation policy is $25/per person)
• Yachtsman Steakhouse

You will lose the deposit if you do not cancel within 24 hours.

disneymom2000
11-13-2011, 10:56 PM
I think I am going to like this policy. I get so upset when you can't get an ADR and then people don't show up. However, on my last trip in October, I had a ressie for Tony's in MK and I gave myself right at 2 hours from landing time to get to the restaurant, and even getting a taxi at the resort once getting there we were still 10 minutes late and they wouldn't seat us. Our ADR was for 8:25 and we got there about 8:35 or 8:36 and they said they quit seating people at 8:30. No sorry or let me check with the manager or nothing. The guy just kept sweeping the lobby and we were so hungry. We wound up grabbing something at Main Street Bakery. Boy - a sandwich never tasted so good. I do like when setting ADR's on the system that they don't let you set one at the same time for two different restaurants. It is very helpful when changing your mind and having to cancel your original ADR.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-14-2011, 07:53 AM
The way I read the cancellation policy, if you do not cancel 48 hrs before your reservation, THEN your card will be charged $10 per person on the reservation.

You don't put a deposit down, you give them your credit card number and permission to charge the $10 per person should you either cancel within one day of the reservation OR not show up.

I too am hoping that this new policy means making my ADRs next month will be a bit easier.