PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been Memorial Day week?

Gregandmel
11-12-2011, 04:08 PM
My son gets out of school on Friday, May 25th. That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. HAs anyone been that week (last week of May) and if so - what are the crowds like over the Memorial Day holiday and the week after the 3 day weekend? I know it will be hot and the crowds will start increasing - just wasn't sure if it was a big difference as say.....end of June? We were hoping to miss some of the bigger crowds if we waited until later in the summer. Thanks for any input!:thumbsup:

faline
11-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Not for quite a while but we found it to be surprisingly manageable when we did it.

BugeyedMuggy
11-12-2011, 04:39 PM
The crowds are larger than during the week but still very managable. Best idea is get to the parks at opening and do the most important rides first. Then you can enjoy the day.

ftwildernesskid
11-12-2011, 05:10 PM
We were there Memorual week this year. I found it very managable. We used fast passes, arrived at park opening , took advantage of EMH, paced ourselves, and had a great time. I think the longest line we waited in was 40 minutes...and that was once or twice. It was hot, but that made the pools and water parks feel even better. I was very concerned about the crowds, but I thought this week was great, and I'd go again during this week in a heartbeat.

Tink#64
11-13-2011, 12:27 AM
As with previous posters, it's been several years for us as well, & it it manageable with a good plan. Our experience was that we arrived on the Saturday prior to the MD weekend and all of WDW got more crowded as the week progressed. My advice besides, being there for park opening & utilizing FP's, accomplish your must do's as early in the week as possible. MD weekend itself was packed the year we were there during that time! :thumbsup:

MOJoe
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
We stayed at the WL the last week of May this year. My wife teaches, and we left as soon as school was out. So we were there the entire week before Memorial Day. The crowds were moderate, but definately picked up the Friday of the holiday weekend. Still, i would not call them "heavy". I talked to some CM's who characterized the crowds as "low" compared to the summer masses.

From what i have gathered over the years, the earlier you can get to WDW in May or June the better. The crowds and heat tend to increase daily.

Jeff
11-14-2011, 06:57 PM
We also found the crowds very manageable. The only park that was very crowded was the Studios but that's because we went on a Star Wars Weekend! (which was AWESOME!:darth: