PDA

View Full Version : You have 10 days on the dining plan -

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Where would you do your table service meals, when would you do them, and why?? (in mid June)

Looking for some suggestions. Daughter wants to do Garden Grill because she remembers doing this one with my parents in 2001 (they were killed in 03); sci fi and 50s prime time. She absolutely LOVES salmon so as long as they have that on the menu, she's good.

Disney4us2
11-11-2011, 09:02 PM
We did 10 days back in August. We ate at the following:

The Plaza (oop)
Tokyo Dining
Cape May Cafe
WCC
1900 Park Fare dinner
Yak & Yeti (lunch oop
Crystal Palace dinner
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickeys dinner
Garden Grill
Kona Cafe

BelleBeauty
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
We have 6 days starting next week! We are going to:

Les Chefs de France
California Grill
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Biergarten
Kona Cafe

In the past we've done Rose & Crown for Illuminations. I've been wanting to try 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, Narcoosee's, Fulton's, and Ragland Road.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I would use two credits to do at least one signature...California grilll or Narcossee's...

Also, Ohana's for dinner, LeCellier-lunch, Kona for breakfast

AllDisney
11-12-2011, 10:42 AM
We were there in May:

Coral Reef
Brown Derby
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kouzzina
50's Prime Time
Yak & Yeti

BrowncatP
11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Trails End has a nice buffet dinner.

sassy2000
11-12-2011, 03:54 PM
My ten choices would be:
Breakfast at Crystal Palace prior to park opening
Dinner Ohana
Dinner Chefs de France
Dinner Tutto Italia
Dinner 1900 Park Fare
Lunch or dinner Tusker House
Dinner Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner Teppan Edo
2 Tableservice for Narcoossee's

ILoveMickey'77
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM
My 10:
Tutto Italia
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Garden Grill
Ohana Dinner
50s Prime Time Cafe
2 Tableservices for Yachtsman Steakhouse
Crystal Palace Breakfast

darthmacho
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
If you are staying at POFQ, I highly recommend Boatwright's over at POR. You could walk over in about 10 minutes, or take the boat. It might be a good thing to do on your arrival day.
I love traditions. Every trip we have breakfast at Crystal Palace on the morning of our first full day. It's a great way to start the day.
We also visit the Wilderness Lodge on every trip, and dine at Whispering Canyon or Artist Point. (Artist Point will cost 2 DP points.)
Eating at Chef Mickey's always gives us an excuse not only to see the Mouse, but also to ride the monorail.

Hope that helps. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Here's what I'd do:

CA Grill (2 TS)
Artist's Point (2 TS)
Jiko (2TS)
Brown Derby (2 TS)
Sanaa
Kat Cora's

I think these offer a good cross section of the food that WDW has to offer. For Counter Service, most of my recommendations would be in Epcot, where a lot of portions are sharable.

azcavalier
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
It's interesting to see everyone's different opinions and tastes. Here's what we do, in no particular order:

1. Akershus Princess Dining - Because we have a little princess, but we don't want to cough up the 2TS credits for the dinner at the Castle.

2. Chefs de France - We tried it for the first time two years ago, and thought that it was a better experience than the two signature meals (Brown Derby and Cali Grill) that we had tried.

3. Whispering Canyon Cafe - Just love the atmosphere.

4. Teppan Edo - we love the "show" and the food is delicious. We've never had a bad meal here. A bad "show", yes, but not a bad meal. He couldn't do much of the showy stuff, but his cooking was just fine.

5. Coral Reef - We love the food and atmosphere. I think it's very underrated.

6. Chef Mickey's - Gotta see Mickey at least once. Also nice to have at least one buffet during the trip.

7. O'Hana - It's just different. Love the entertainment for the kids, the hot towels, the dessert. Everything in-between is pretty tasty, too.

8. Le Cellier - My wife would put this one in here. She loves this place. I think it's OK. We're going to try it for lunch in about three weeks.

9. Sci-Fi - You do this one for the unique atmosphere. Although it gets mixed reviews, I think that it is good food, for what it is. Americana.

10. Garden Grill - Not personally one of my favorites. Been there twice. The first time it was not very good, though Chip was very funny in his interactions with my DD7 (at the time). We went again last year, and it was very good. I think it would be a nice reminder of loved ones who are gone.