PDA

View Full Version : One day? Which park....

Mickey's 4Walls
11-11-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm flying in on business this Sunday and will not be able to get to DL until 1:00 pm if all goes well... Never been there ( lots of times to WDW) but being so close wanted to stop and play. It's also the only day to play. So which park should I choose and how to dress for weather 66h/50L ? Thanks for the help :mickey: just wish I had more time! :confused:

Disney4us2
11-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I just checked the weather for Sunday. Partly cloudy with a high of 68. We are in for a rainy weekend, Friday night into Saturday.

With such a short day, I would go with Disneyland and get as much in as possible. Disneyland is open longer that DCA so you can stay later. California Adventure is under a lot of construction and there are walls everywhere...almost.

Have fun:mickey:

tinkwest
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
If you really don't want a park hopper, go to Disneyland. As Marci said, the construction at DCA right now would really make that park a poor choice if that was the only park you were visiting.

You will be there a day prior to the official holiday kickoff so the Christmas parade won't be running yet, but there should be lots of decorations and the Holiday fireworks are scheduled. Don't miss it's a small world. It has just reopened with the holiday theme. I LOVE IT! Sadly, Pirates is still scheduled to be down that day, but that is the only refurbishment you should run in to at Disneyland so you should have plenty to keep you busy.

It should be a day that wearing layers is a good idea. The sun may feel great during the day, but it gets chilly at night so bring (or buy!) a sweatshirt for sure.

Have a great time!! :mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-11-2011, 01:03 PM
If you have never been, I would go to the Magic Kingdom. Although there are similarities to WDW, there are a lot of differences. Have fun!!!!:mickey:

NewDVCowner
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I just wanted to chime in saying that Disneyland for sure. As Marci said, it should be open later than DCA. Realize that there will be crowds (thought maybe less if it's rainy) and make sure to utlize fast passes and single rider options.

I wouldn't bother with a fast pass for Indiana Jones if you'll do single rider. The fast pass for that ride is laughable, however if you go single rider it is practically walk on. Plus if you are there with someone 9 times out of 10 you'll end up on the same car, if not next to each other.

So, that said, if a ride has a single rider option and you'll be there alone, don't waste fast pass tickets on those rides. I've only had experience with the Indiana Jones single rider, so don't remember what other rides have them, but I do know that Splash Mountain also has a single rider option.

frozman
11-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Another vote for Disneyland here. Here's why I would go with Disneyland:
Probably the most famous theme park in the world
More to do than California Adventure

I've always been one of California Adventures most vocal supporters, and I am dissappointed they are changing it (but can understand the need). With that said, I always "come for Disneyland, stay for California Adventure". California Adventure alone is NOT worth a cross country flight for me. That said, it's certainly worth at least a day of a 2-3 day visit.
One issue I would like to point out is that out of what are, in my opinion, the 4 biggest rides at that park, 3 have clones in Florida.
Tower of Terror: is much better in FL IMO.
Soarin': Exact same ride, different queue
Midway Mania: Same Ride, different queue/station theme
California Screamin': This is the hold out, it's a launched roller coaster with one loop, a very long ride in contrast to most launched coasters, but it's unthemed.

Have fun, I'm 3 weeks behind you :)

MegaDisney
11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
There is no "Magic Kingdom Park" in SoCal.

Disneyland if you can only go to one park.