PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing Grad School online?

Mammabruski
11-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi all!

I love the community that we have here on Intercot, and I thought that perhaps I could tap that to find some support while working on a Master's online...

I am a full time teacher, full time Mom, hockey playing grad student. I live in CO and currently "attend" Arkansas State University's Academic Partnership program in Jonesboro. I'm going to finish my coursework in Educational Leadership by July of 2012 (celebrating this fact at WDW in June)!

Anyone else out there doing an online Masters while working (full time or not)? How's it going? Any insight? What program? What school? What Degree? When will you be done?

:mickey:

PharmD
11-10-2011, 07:15 AM
I am planning to start my Masters in Computer Science with a focus on Cyber Security next Spring. I completed my BS in Computer Science at Baker in Michigan. I will be getting my Masters from Columbus State here in my home state of Ga. I work full time and have a family. I should finish in about 2 yrs. I loved the experience with Baker online and I am looking forward to getting my Masters. More money for my Disney trips:blush:

Strmchsr
11-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I teach leadership and pastoral counseling in an online grad school program (Asbury Theological Seminary). The online community has come a LONG way. You can now get as much out of a degree online as in a traditional bricks n sticks campus if it's done right. The only caveat is that the online program really requires you to be self-motivated. Good luck to you!

MNNHFLTX
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
My husband got his MBA from the University of Phoenix online 8 years ago, when it was a relatively new concept. Don't let anyone tell you that obtaining a degree through online study is not as valid as the traditional way; my husband worked very hard to earn his degree (while working full-time) and it has paid off tremendously in his professional life. It sound alike you are in the homestretch of your program. Good luck and enjoy that well-deserved Disney vacation!

magicofdisney
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
My husband got his MBA through Regis University online. Our oldest was 3 and our twin girls were 18mos when he began. I was a stay at home mom so he was the full-time bread winner. We felt this was his best option to continue his education. It was also more reasonably priced than our local university. It worked out extremely well. As stated previously, it requires self-motivation. Good luck! :thumbsup:

jodijo
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I got my Masters in Educational technology 2 years ago through National University. Although it was difficult teaching 3rd grade full time and raising 2 kids, it was worth it. My salary was almost doubled and I love all the new knowledge I gained in technology. Keep up the good work and you it will be over before you know it.