PDA

View Full Version : Best time to book flight after cruise

Gayle
11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
This is our first cruise ever, booked fantasy March 31,2012. :mickey: Just wondering what is the best time to book a flight home to Milwaukee after cruise. Thank you:D

Ed
11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
You're gonna love it, Gayle! :thumbsup:

To give you some idea, disembarkation usually begins around 7:30am. Upon leaving the ship, you and a couple thousand of your fellow cruisers will be going through Customs after picking up your luggage; this can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. The next step depends on what form of transportation you're using to the airport. If you're using DCL buses, they leave the port as soon as each bus is full. Then you've got about a 45 minute ride to the airport.

The next thing to keep in mind is that Fantasy will not be the only ship in port that day; the port is also used by Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. There are usually three ships in port at that time. And a large number of their passengers will also be headed to the airport.

The bottom line is that on "cruise days", Orlando Int'l (MCO) can be very, very busy, which translates to considerable wait times at the ticket counters and through security. I've always recommended that returning cruisers try to book flights that depart around noon or later.

sara114
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I agree with Ed. I would rather sit in the airport knowing that I will make my flight than being anxious (thus removing all relaxation obtained on vacation). There is plenty to do in the airport for a couple of hours. Pick up last minute items from the Disney store !