PDA

View Full Version : What now??

Georgesgirl1
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I have already made my ADRs, figured out my days in the park, looked at ride refurbs, etc, but we still have 59 days until we leave. I am antsy and need something else to do for this trip. What do you do in the last few weeks/months before your trip to keep from going crazy ...

Jeri
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I make lists!!
Lists of what I need to pack, what I already have, what I need to buy.
I also have a list for things I need to do before we go, like hair cuts, make sure stuff is turned off, the mail is taken care of, give our cell numbers to the neighbors.....

And when I have done all the lists I can think of, I rewrite them again & again. :blush:

Unlimitedfun
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I make lists too! It's the only thing that keeps me from going crazy before the trip!!

cer
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Shop! Need to get all the fun little toiletries, surprises for the kids, snacks, clothes.....

Set up a table or box and start tossing all you want to take but don't require, in the box.

You can have your own little Disney Central right out your fingertips...

I also agree with the list making...

I tend to make lists about the things I don't want to miss on my trip, must-have snacks, etc.

vicster
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I go on Intercot!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I usually second guess everything I planned.

Georgesgirl1
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I have been meaning to buy the boys Mickey Mouse shirts with their names on them. I guess I can head to Etsy and start looking for those. I usually do lists also! Glad I am not alone in writing and rewriting lists for my trips!

Tink#64
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I love my WDW lists! I'm a list person, DH says that I have lists for my lists! :silly: But it can be a fun part of the planning process, thinking of how great it's going to be when you get there & you know you're getting closer when you can start marking things off your lists! Happy Planning! :write:

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Actually, I print out a calendar of the last two months from Word calendar wizard and then - in pencil - start to put what I need to do each day until we leave. I say in pencil because I move stuff all around. Some days I'll have more time than I thought while others I don't have enough time to do anything.

This calendar also helps me the next year when planning.

I then take the paper calendar and on a large family calendar (I use one of those huge office/desk monthly calendars) and I put the things on there that the kids can do and other fun stuff (like disney family movie night - mommy's pick, make mickey pancakes, go to the disney store, etc) for the 2 months leading up to our trip. I go to Home Depot and collect 60 mickey year paint samples and with a white gel pen, I put the numbers counting down. Last step is to tape each number on the correct day on the calendar. Each day the kids rip off a mickey year to reveal what they need to do that day.

It makes it so exciting for the entire family, and the kids get an exercise in math - counting down, how many fridays left, how many weeks left, etc.... everything is a learning experience.