PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back and ready for more

Cinderelley
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
After a rough year, I'm back and ready to plan my trip for Dec., 2012. :thumbsup: Preliminaries are -
When - Dec 12 - 26, 2012
Where - Can't wait to get back to my beloved Pop Century
Who - Myself, DD, DD's boyfriend, DS x2, DS's girlfriends x2, My best friend from high school and her family, my best friend from work and her family

It is going to be our first trip during the Christmas season. Can't wait to be back! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Have fun planning:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
11-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Three things I love: Disney, Pop Century, and December (at Disney)!

Tink#64
11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
:congrats: That's fantastic! Always so much fun to look forward to & plan a WDW trip! :yay:

vizsla
11-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Happy Planning :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
11-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone.
Goofy4TheWorld, what are some of your favorite things about December in Disney World?

Goofy4TheWorld
11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone.
Goofy4TheWorld, what are some of your favorite things about December in Disney World?

A 10 minute wait for Dumbo. Earlier fireworks at MK. Getting a great Christmas Card picture. MVMCP hot chocolate. Lobby at the WL. Consistent weather. CHEAPER ROOM!

I used to be the type to think "who wants to be in Florida unless it is Hot & Humid" but after going in December 2010 (Dec 7-12) I was sold on this time of year. We did go during a record-breaking cold snap, so bad that many of the flowers were covered up with plastic around the property, but I enjoyed knowing without a doubt it was going to be cold all day. My previous trip during Spring Break left me hating the cold-warm-cold cycle of March because I hated carrying around layers of clothing. December was cold daylight to dark, dress accordingly.

My wife literally said "oh my gosh, a 10 minute wait for Dumbo, I'll never be back in the Summer" on our first day at MK. The short wait times were well worth the short park hours, especially for our never-sits-still DS2. It turns out I liked the shortened park hours because, as a parent with a two year old, it allowed me to get a full park day in (fireworks are a must) without keeping DS2 out until midnight (never pretty).

The short hours and cool weather allowed us to enjoy a stroll around Pop or WL without sweating and to really just enjoy doing nothing. Plus strolling around the WL was wonderful because my DS2 was mesmerized by the lobby (and very few things ever slow him down).

While I don't think MVMCP was really worth the money if I was paying for more than just two tickets, we did get a fantastic Castle picture using PhotoPass with nobody in the background (of course it was 11:45pm that time) and I really REALLY liked sipping hot chocolate while watching the fireworks while standing on the castle circle.

Last but not least, the rooms are WAY cheaper in early December. Sure, you loose all of those savings if you spend it on MVMCP (which of course is Disney's plan all along) but I still enjoyed paying $62 a night at Pop!

TinkerbellT421
11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
We also will be planning a December 2012 trip when we get back from our January 2012 trip! So excited!! Have fun planning!! :mickey::cloud9:

Cinderelley
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Making mental note to get picture in front of castle at night :D

LudwigVonDrake
11-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Congratulations and have fun planning :mickey: