PDA

View Full Version : Princess Girl's HOT SUMMER TRIP...Final Thoughts Wrap Up

princessgirls
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I really really really wanted to do full trip reports! As soon as we got home, we were in full blown school, soccer, work extra busy, running from event to event mode! I'm sure many of you can relate!!
I did want to put a Final Thoughts post out there because we truly did have a Magical time!

Cast of Characters:

ME: Julie Loves making lasting family memories in WDW!
DH: Fred Overall good sport, fastpass runner, loves making his girls happy
DD #1: Morgan 10. She was a Disney "adult" for this trip. She never met a ride she didn't like.
DD #2: Madison 9. This girl never met a gift shop or ride she didn't like!!
POP Century Resort August 20-29

Our vacation honestly could not have been any better this time around in Disney! It was magical all the way around. I would just like to say that the CM's are hard working. It was HOT HOT HOT when we were there in August. Some days the temperature was 101, not to mention the humidity. Working outdoors in that heat with the public is NOT easy! I never encountered one grumpy or snippy CM.

The Pop Century...Had nothing but a great experience here. We were put in a room that had a fantastic location. Facing hourglass lake off of the main pool. Quiet and close. WOW...I never had a room so close to the action. Having stayed at the Pop before, I knew what to expect, and was on my game as far as packing. I packed extra hangers in everyone's suitcase to hang as much as I could and a portable laundry hamper to stick in the back of the closet. This really worked for us and kept our room neat and tidy. My DH did laundry two times for six loads during our stay! He went really early and it was appreciated! I also limited the number of shoes per kid. One pair of sneakers and two pairs of flip flops. No room for that everywhere! I ordered from Garden Grocer who gets :thumbsup: from us! Beings it was August heat I ordered 3 cases of water, and 1 case of gatorade, and quick breakfast items. Girls enjoy a bowl of cereal, and Fred and I do not enjoy the food court crowds in the morning. We packed two small coolers to keep some drinks cold to bring into the parks.
LOVED OUR STAY AT THE POP!!
Honestly...we slept and showered in the room, and were out and about all day!
Our mousekeeper Martha had towel animals for my girls and decorated our window with them and some trinkets the girls had. She was excellent, some days she did some fun stuff with our bedding, making it really fancy. Hard working lady!
We enjoyed a pool side movie one night as a family, and also swam a few evenings that we came back earlier than midnight. We ate at the food court twice. Both times were good.
The Busing at the POP was excellent!! No complaints. Twice we had a private bus!!! Once going to Epcot at 7:45am to catch a early morning ADR at Norway Princess Breakfast and once going to Hollywood Studios at 8:10am. NICE!!!

I found the parks to be sparkling clean, full of people...it was crowded! The crush for Toy Story Mania had my husband in hysterics! That is just CRAZY!! We are kind of commando parks people, and honestly...we had a full summer of pool time, so the going back to the pop pool wasn't a huge lure for my kids. Some days we were out from 8am until midnight. We were able to cool off in various shows, attractions and meals and believe it or not saw some things we hadn't done before. I got the biggest kick out of my girls reaction to the Muppets. We had never done this attraction with them. On a hot day, a cool theater is NICE! Morgan and Madison were understanding this concept! Fred and I divided and conquered a few times. Morgan and I enjoy the nighttime fireworks at the parks, while Madison wanted to go back to the Pop pool. I got to see Wishes 4X and Illuminations 3X! It still wasn't enough...
We experienced the waterparks on this trip! I think this may have been a highlight, because the girls STILL RAVE about Summit Plummit! We enjoyed both parks...they are different, fun, nicely themed and COOL!! One afternoon while hanging in the lazy river, we had one of those Famous Florida Rain Showers...it was all good, I was in the right clothing! We went to the water parks 3X during our stay.
Disney Dining was excellent for our trip. We tried some new things such as Whispering Canyon. We had the best waiter ever...Bob from Newark, NJ. Funny, and really made it a great magical first time experience here. We enjoyed our meal! The only disappointment was Tutto Italia. It just wasn't good. We are spoiled and used to better Italian food. Our dinner at the San Angel Inn was so good and delicious, and it never gets good reviews...
Kona Cafe was great, O'Hana, and people give Liberty Tree Tavern a try in the Magic Kingdom! GREAT MEAL!!! We also ate at Chef Mickey's, Mary Poppin's and Friends at 1900 Park Fare, Teppan Edo, and enjoyed great counter service lunches! Used our snack credits on yummy root beer floats, Dole Whip floats, stuff from the Confectionary on Main Street USA, incredible caramel yumminess in Epcot, and of course Mickey Bars!!
I enjoyed each and every day! I was thankful for no problems, sickness, or issues!!! Hurricane Irene was bearing down on my hometown, and I was running around Epcot and the Magic Kingdom!! Life was good!!!!
We hope to go back maybe August 2012. I can't wait to see the New Fantasyland!!
Oh...I almost forgot...I got to meet a few of my fellow Intercotees this trip! DisneyGirl and her family are a fun bunch! Our girls became fast friends! They did a few rides together a few times during the time we were there, and Cantgetenough. It was so great to put names to faces! So great to meet a few of the people on these boards.
I LOVE DISNEY! We had an amazing trip, and made some memories of a lifetime. My girls still laugh thinking of me screaming my way through Space Mountain and dancing the night away with Goofy...
The Magic is alive and well.
Thanks for reading!
Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
11-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Julie,

It sounds like you all had a great trip. I am sorry we couldn't meet up. Our schedules were so different.

Are you going to LMNOP? We are planning on it.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a great time! I know how time consuming typing out reports can be with life's happenings. But, with each word you type, the magic comes back to life doesn't it???

I totally agree that no matter how many times you see Wishes and/or Illuminations, it just is never enough. :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey Julie! Love the wrap up. Thats maybe what I'll do ...we're just back from an amazing Halloween trip and i can't even imagine doing reports..although STeve has agreed to the posting of Peter pan pics!!!!
I laughed at the limiting the shoes thing...very smart,..I have to do that next time. They end up scattered everywhere!!!!!
A terrfic report, love reading about your families adventures!!

KylesMom
11-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Julie, I can totally relate to the frantic, hectic thing we call life as soon as you return. Sounds like your vacation was one big magical memory - so glad you had such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing - it really DOES bring the magic back! :mickey:

faline
11-09-2011, 08:14 AM
What a great trip, Julie! And now, there's only 9 more months until you are back!!

princessgirls
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
We left for Disney the same day Kim Kardashian got married...My Magical memories have lasted longer than her marriage!!!

Oh...You can't make this stuff up!

Julie:mickey: