PDA

View Full Version : Any Twilight fans out there?

sonamae80
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Just curious to see if there were any Twilight fans here on Intercot! Anyone going to see Breaking Dawn next Friday? I've already bought my tickets and am counting down the days! 10 days to go! :):):):):):):):)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Probably will wait for dvd release. I think I fell asleep during the first two and haven't seen Eclipse yet.

I was familiar with the books but hadn't read them. I love the True Blood tv series but otherwise am not really into vampires stories or anything like that.

A friend of mine convinced me to read them and loaned me his teenage daughters copies. While I found potential in the books, I hate to say it, but it was totally a chick series. The first two books, had Meyers simply edited out every reference to how beautiful Edward was, could have been edited down to one book.

Favorite character was Jacob but didn't like that his character never really amounted to much, and it was the most interesting one in the stories. Didn't like the ending either, being a guy I obviously was hoping for Vampire Armageddon but instead get a group hug.

Still, anything that gets kids reading actual books is a a good thing I guess.

tinkergal
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Team Edward is here w/ tix in hand! Cannot wait for the midnight IMAX showing. There's a group of 'girls' going (from 30s to 50s). We're staying in a hotel & I have all sorts of twi-themed decorations & goodies to get us primed. Just 10 days to go!!! Heck I'm already counting down to November 16, 2012!!

Katzateer
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Love Twilight! Try to go to midnight showings but since we moved no theatre close by so I have to wait a few days

Katzateer
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Favorite character was Jacob but didn't like that his character never really amounted to much guess.

If you read all the books you wouldn't say that about Jacob! He gets everything he hoped for by the end of the series!

KarenP
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Fan here too. I will go to see the movie after it has been out a couple weeks or so.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
If you read all the books you wouldn't say that about Jacob! He gets everything he hoped for by the end of the series!

Sorry, I read them all, and his imprinting with Renesmee was totally predictable. His character had the most potential and she really did very little with it. Sorry, from a guys perspective half of the books were nothing more than repetive descriptions of Edward. How many times do I need to read, chest of steel, cool breath, unbelievable eyes etc., I get it already.

Certainly not saying it was a bad series, but a little editing would have been nice. The first two books certainly could have been combined into one. The last book I think I was over 100 pages into it, and it's like, geez, qet married already, enough fluff. I thought 3rd book was the best, have no idea what public opinion on that is.

Again, keep in mind, I'm a middle aged guy so I can see why tween agers get so excited about this but I wanted the big vampire battle and to say the least was left a bit disappointed.

TinkerbellT421
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Again, keep in mind, I'm a middle aged guy so I can see why tween agers get so excited about this but I wanted the big vampire battle and to say the least was left a bit disappointed.

In that case, I HIGHLY recommend the House of Night series!!!!! Plenty of crazy vampire battles. Love the whole series.

Joannelet
11-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Big fan of all the books! Will be seeing it! Cannot wait!

joanna71985
11-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Will be going to the midnight showing! Can't wait

Mammabruski
11-09-2011, 11:04 PM
So excited!!!

Hair_Razor
11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
LOVE! Cant wait so excited! Books, movies and so far all the soundtracks!

Niecyboo
11-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I soooo want to see this opening night, but we have a rule of no midnight showings on school nights. To make it worse, my kids have every Friday in November off EXCEPT that Friday. LOL. Will probably go Friday evening or Monday right after school.

joanna71985
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
LOVE! Cant wait so excited! Books, movies and so far all the soundtracks!

Me too! I already have part one soundtrack, and just waiting for part one score to come out (which will be in Dec).

Dopey's Girl
11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Got my tix for next week. Can't go to the midnight show this time (I did for Harry Potter. It was fun, but I'm not that hardcore!) but I will see it on ther 18th. Can't wait!!

Niecyboo
11-14-2011, 11:20 PM
I got my tickets! Friday at 4:30. I can't wait.