PDA

View Full Version : Football Fun Update

JanetMegan
11-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Hey guys, as much as I am enjoying not calculating points all the time-I do miss our chatter and smack down talk ;) Congrats to Ian and Barnaby for leading thing up at this point but there are quite a few of us still in the hunt!

Just a reminder that Thursday games start this week so get your picks in early!

Melanie
11-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I really miss it being here as well, but I understand it's less work for you Janet.

I'm actually out for this season, since a couple of weeks ago I tried to make my picks from my iPhone at about five til one, and it told me I was too late. It was definitely 5 minutes before kickoff. Frustrating!

The Reservoir Dog
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice to be in contention for a change. However looking at some of the matchups this week I really think this could be the make or break week. :thumbsup:

indytraveler
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Its been a rough couple of weeks with some upsets. 8 pts back at the 1/2 way mark. Not looking too good. Thanks for the Thursday reminder. I would have been out of town an probably would've forgot

Missy_Mouses_Dad
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I completely forgot about the league!! I signed up, but things have been so hectic the last couple of months, this was the last thing on my mind...definitely an old-timers moment.

Ian
12-27-2011, 01:17 PM
First off, I'm sick of seeing that Ron Santo post as the most recent in the Locker Room. ;)

Secondly, I just wanted to brag that I continue to be just one point out of first place in Football Fun. Watch out Scott ... I'm gunnin' for you!

Thirdly, I wanted to brag (again) that I'm playing against Mel for the INTERCOT Fantasy Football League Super Bowl. May the best team win!

But really I just wanted to bump that Ron Santo post ...

Melanie
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Thirdly, I wanted to brag (again) that I'm playing against Mel for the INTERCOT Fantasy Football League Super Bowl. May the best team win!

Woot Woot! :football:

Good luck!

Ian
12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Woot Woot! :football:

Good luck!Same to you, Mel. We'll both have to keep a close eye on who's starting this weekend since so many teams have nothing to play for.

Hammer
12-28-2011, 02:31 PM
First off, I'm sick of seeing that Ron Santo post as the most recent in the Locker Room. ;)

But really I just wanted to bump that Ron Santo post ...

Wow, between you and Scar, no love for Ron Santo in this forum ;) ...

The move to Yahoo has made me miss many weeks this season. All fantasy sports sites are blocked at my work (where as Intercot is not, so far), so I had to remember before I left for work or when I got home to post my picks and life gets in the way.

Hopefully, now that I have a smartphone, I'll do better at getting my picks in on time.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Just going to do a little braggin:number1:

Won my fantasy football superbowl last weekend. Certainly didn't hurt having Drew Brees as my starting QB, 9 tds and over 700 yards in the last two games:trophy:

We do a fantasy draft for just the playoff teams too, hopefully can dominate that as well.

Melanie
12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I wanted to say I really missed this league this year. Hopefully I can be better about remembering next season. :unsure:

JanetMegan
12-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I know, I was a slacker on keeping things updated as well, although Fall for me was crazy so if I hadn't set it up this way I'd have probably bailed by now ;) Next year we will have to try something in between where we still can chat and such but maybe not hand tally all the scores ;)