PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Masters??

BiloxiMom
11-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Has anyone ever gone to this? Is it worth it? Is it super crowded? We are thinking of leaving waaay early and staying off property for a night so we can drive in and go straight to DTD to see this. My artist daughter would probably really enjoy it. Just trying to get some feedback...:)

lynnek
11-08-2011, 06:36 AM
We went to this last year and are making a point to spend one of our days there again. We had a great time. It's a juried show, I believe for the artists. You do have to have some credentials--won something etc to be able to vend. The art is amazing. Also, there is street art. Teams of chalk artists are given space on the sidewalks to create amazing chalk/pastel paintings. We went last yr when they were creating them. Awesome. Also, Sharpie, Family Fun, Lego and of course Disney Animation have art related activites going on---animation classes, a huge whiteboard with like a paint by number the little kids get to color in with sharpies(think Steamboat willie), and there were artists demoing their techniques--the splatter paint disney ones?. Yes, it does get busy, but it's also the last weekend of F&W, the start of the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom, so I guess it's all relative:)

wdwfan
11-10-2011, 01:33 PM
We thought it was great! We had to go earlier this year for F&W, so we will miss this year. :( Some of those chalk artists are amazing.