PDA

View Full Version : THV, BWV or BCV

fanofdisney
11-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok we were lucky enough to get the THV for our trip in July at 11 months out but DH really would prefer to have BWV or BCV. Will we love THV or should I try to switch at the 7 month date? We have only stayed at BWV once but really loved walking to EPCOT and DS. Oh decisions decisions, maybe there won't even be availability at BWV or BCV....:confused:

Aurora
11-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Haven't stayed at the Treehouses but I understand they are very quiet -- more of a getaway than the other resorts -- and a fair distance from the Saratoga amenities. If you like the convenience of being close to the parks or to your main resort building, or if you like some activity after leaving the parks, I'd switch. However, if you're planning to try THV at some point, or if you like to be away from everything after touring all day, you might want to stay put this time.

Transportation is another consideration.The Disney transportation at THV, while reportedly efficient, takes an extra step -- you have to get a shuttle (or walk) to take you to the other buildings at Saratoga, then catch the buses there to the parks. There are no direct buses to the parks that pick up at the treehouses. But if you're going to have a car, then transportation is a non-issue.

trapper
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
We stayed in the Treehouse villas this past summer and I did love them however my first choice would be Beach club villas just for the convenience of Epcot and DHS and the buses.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
You are in my same dilemna!

I have stayed at the THV and we love it. For that trip, we had 6 adults and 2 children so, it was perfect. It really was a home away from home to us. We loved the time on the huge deck, watching the boats go by and not having to worry about being so loud that we would disturb our neighbors. We had our own car so, it was no big deal for us as far as transportation is concerned. During checkin, the CM suggested if we were taking the bus to the parks to drive to the carriage house or one of the parking lots by the first bus stop. That way we could just drive back to the THV and not have to wait forthe shuttle. We did the shuttle one time and then decided that the CM's parking advise was the way to go. But, we only did that for MK and DTD at night when we anticipated purchasing alot and not wanting to walk back to the THV.

This year, I will be making our ressie for a THV again (in just 1 week!) for Oct 2012. At the 7 month mark, I will be trying to get into BLT or BWV/BCV. I'm torn.

I think it all depends on how many are in your party and what your main touring/vacation plans are that will drive your decision.

Good luck! Life is good when this is our main worry! :blush:

mdhiggin
11-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I found it really odd that the THV only allows one car to park at the treehouse. Any others have to park at Saratoga. That's ridiculous for a place that sleeps 9. I'm glad I tried it, but it was a hassle being so far away and having to catch a bus to catch another bus. BCV is one of my favorites and I would preferably stay there in the future. I can mark THV off my list of places stayed at now, so I'm happy.

fanofdisney
11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the input. I am going to try to get BWV or BCV. Hopefully that will work out if I call on the morning of the 7 month mark. There is something so magical to me about walking over the bridge to EPCOT :pixie: