PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Wristbands - You'll Be Checked MANY Times!

Goes4FastPass
11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
A reminder from our experience at last year's MVMCP,

After about 6:30pm we had our wristbands checked what seems like constantly.

There are 2 kinds of guests at the MK during that time:

Those wearing wristbands
Those being directed, really directed toward the exit.
As the purchaser of MVMCP tickets, I appreciate the effort to have wristband wearers only in the park at 7pm.

Stu29573
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
We were checked a lot last year too, which makes me wonder about people who claim to have never been checked at all! It was not an inconvenience, since all you had to do was hold up your arm. They seemed to have everything well controlled when we were there...

11-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Wristband checks start at 7pm. There are ropes at all the "lands" and anyone not having a wristband does not enter and the "sweep" begins at 7pm from the back to the front of the park.

Yes, you will be asked many times for a wristband check. Most of us CM's check early and often for the parties.

Melanie
11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes, you will be asked many times for a wristband check. Most of us CM's check early and often for the parties.

Much appreciated!!! :tree:

ginger19
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I hope they move people without wristbands out of the park this year. I watched the fireworks with more people without them than with them unfortunately. I was personally only checked once between 7pm and 11pm.

Stu29573
11-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I hope they move people without wristbands out of the park this year. I watched the fireworks with more people without them than with them unfortunately. I was personally only checked once between 7pm and 11pm.

I think a lot of times people are "checked" and they don't even know it. Since the armbands are fairly easy to see you are probably not stopped and asked every time. Just a thought...

Goes4FastPass
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Our experience last year was from about 6:30pm on people were being coaxed toward the exit, at least at the entrance to 'lands' so for example it was easy to exit BTMRR and enter SM but crossing the bridge from the hub to Libery Square without a wristband was a no-go.

I see both side of this situation. If I'm a guest at the MK for the day I am already having a short day so I would want ALL of that day but as a guest who paid to attend the party I don't want the parade and fireworks viewing to be an impossible crowd of day guests plus party guests.

Victor Kelly
11-08-2011, 11:11 AM
No pay, No play. It goes the same for EMH days and nights. I pay to stay on property for the perks like EMH. If I pay for it, and others do not, then they have to leave.

I put our resort keys in a lanyard and just show them when we get to the attraction on EMH nights. EMH days they just check at the turnstiles

ginger19
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I think a lot of times people are "checked" and they don't even know it. Since the armbands are fairly easy to see you are probably not stopped and asked every time. Just a thought...

I think you are probably right but I did stand next to a lot of people without them. I had a sweatshirt on and my band was under it because the cast member put it on so tightly and I was only asked while heading into Liberty Square. They may have seen my family with them and made the assumption for me.

Butters
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
We went to the Halloween party a couple years ago and stayed the full time. We had bands but were under the sleeves of our coats and were not asked once to show them.

DNS
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
We went to the Christmas party in 2008 and people were wearing coats due to the cold weather. We noticed several CM's leaning to look at wrists at the bottom of their coat sleeves. I agree they probably check a lot more than we even realize.:santa: Just a couple more weeks for us!

jnfr2424
11-08-2011, 03:39 PM
As the purchaser of MVMCP tickets, I appreciate the effort to have wristband wearers only in the park at 7pm.

:ditto:

Mitzie
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
We were just at MNSSHP on 10/30 and were asked to show our wrist band often and at times as we were getting on rides quiet vocally. We also appreciated the fact that they were checking.

brivers222
11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I, for one, CAN NOT WAIT to be overly checked for wristbands on 12/9, 12/11 and 12/13!!!!

Can.not.wait. :thumbsup: