View Full Version : Poly v Beach

Airblue1
11-04-2011, 11:14 PM
With four adults and a one yr old
Which resort would u choose?
Thanks

Pocahontas
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I've stayed at both and you won't go wrong either way.

Beach Club: Loved that you are able to just walk to and from the World Showcase. Great pool area for children, but I don't think it would matter to a 1 year old. Could use a better food court area - few food options and no where to sit.

Poly: Love that it is a monorail resort. Good food court and my favorite restraunt is there - 'Ohanas'. Also, beautiful grounds.

In my opinion, if I were in your shoes, I would choose the Poly Resort.

Have fun whatever you choose.

BugeyedMuggy
11-06-2011, 03:17 PM
It really depends on what parks you want to go to the most. The Poly if you enjoy MK or the front side of Epcot. It you enjoy the countries and HS I would say BC. Both resorts are beautiful it's a matter of the location.

Janmac
11-06-2011, 03:53 PM
It is somewhat like comparing apples and oranges, as the Beach Club is really good if you're interested in visiting Epcot a lot and the Poly is in the MK area.

One major plus for the Poly is that the rooms are larger than at the Beach Club.

The main plus for the Beach Club is that you have several choices for transportation, if you are using Disney. Bus to MK and AK, walk to Epcot and boat to DHS.

And there is that wonderful Stormalong Bay pool system which is the best on property. And it is possible to get to a restaurant at Beach Club without going outside, if it's pouring down rain.

Been to Poly twice, Beach and Yacht Clubs each once. Personally, I like the Beach/Yacht Club better, but location would be a big factor in future resort decisions, for me.

Jan

SBETigg
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I have stayed at both, and I'm going with Poly. With a one-year-old, it's a great location, very easy to wheel a stroller on to the monorail (for MK or Epcot), wonderful to be near the MK atmosphere. The Beach Club does have a very family feel, as well as the Polynesian, and it's also a great location to enjoy World Showcase. But, there's something about being close to the MK that really makes the trip for me, and the Polynesian has a great atmosphere, shops, restaurants, a wonderful counter service option. Overall, I much prefer it to the Beach Club, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Mousemates
11-06-2011, 04:24 PM
we have also done both and the BC would get my vote...greatest location at WDW with easy access to Epcot, DS, and the fun of the boardwalk. Also the greatest pool at WDW (for both kids and adults) and a better resort layout in that you can go from room to lobby, resort gift shop and food without having to go outside. I also prefer the theming over the poly, but thats a purely personal thing.

gaffz70
11-07-2011, 06:18 AM
I was in the same position a few years ago. I have not been to BC yet (staying there this summer). We opted for th Poly when the kids were younger because it was so convenient to be on the monorail. I also learned after staying at the poly that I prefer to stay in a single hotel w/ all amenities in the same building as opposed to the longhouses at poly. Bottom line: they're both great and you can't go wrong either way.