PDA

View Full Version : Do you heart BWI?

mickeymousedabomb
11-04-2011, 07:08 AM
So for all of you that've stayed at Boardwalk, what do you love about it? With the exception of the proximity to Epcot, I'd love to know what captures you about the inside.

BrerGnat
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I stayed there, but I didn't LOVE it. I liked it enough, and can see why many people love it. It just wasn't my style, particularly the decor! Same goes for me regarding the GF, though. If you are into bright colors, and antique-y Victorian era stuff, you will L-O-V-E the Boardwalk! I'm not that kind of gal, though. :blush: The Contemporary decor is more my style.

I did love being ON the Boardwalk. That was fun! Also, the quick walk to DHS was very cool. I really liked the Gift Shop there. I think it is one of the better ones at a resort. And, the CMs there were just the best. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.

Scar
11-04-2011, 08:21 AM
1) Location

2) Location

3) Location

Mitzie
11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
We stayed at BWI just over a year ago and it is a lovely resort. I agree that the decor is victorian in theme. Our room was very clean and the staff were nice. I can't speak for the main pool as it was closed due to a broken pipe and they sent us over to BC/YC for their pool. It isn't a very large resort so walking wasn't bad. My only complaint is the lack of a good counter service place. BW Bakery is nice, but it had a limited selection for lunch/dinner and there is no seating inside.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm interested in responses to this post! BWV is on our list of "maybe's" for Oct '12

Disney4us2
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm interested in responses to this post! BWV is on our list of "maybe's" for Oct '12

:ditto:Same here.

Going2HeavenRU
11-05-2011, 11:39 AM
We are treating ourselves to the BWI next Sept for our 5th anniversary so this is a great topic.

Yo Mickey!
11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
we've stayed at bwv several times and love the place. when thinking what we love best #1 has to be the location. it's nice because of epcot and dhs being so close that you can stay off the busses.

my list:

#1 - location, we LOVE touring the countries and it is amazing to walk right in the back of epcot, get my grand marnier slush and work our way around.
#2 - the actual boardwalk. our kids (11 and 10) love to hang out on the boardwalk and watch the street performers after the parks have closed. my wife and i enjoy sitting there drinking a cold beer on the bench while the kids sit and watch the jugglers, etc.
#3 - beach club movies in the evenings. they play a different movie each night on the beach on an inflatable screen and when we have some downtime the kids love to go and watch.
#4 - the waterside and pool. for whatever reason, my kids have more fun at that pool because of the cm's than any other pool. at beach the pool IS the attraction, but at bwv they try and have a lot of contests and fun games for the kids.
#5 - jogging on the boardwalk, down around dhs, all around swan and dolphin, around to beach, etc.
#6 -the places on the boardwalk, espn, bakery, pizza counter, vendors, the gift shop.

i have one knock against bwv...and the above all make it very minor, but the lack of a counter service place with tons of choices for families is the only downside. we stay in the villas and have groceries delivered before we even arrive so it's not a huge issue, but places like por have it great compared to the choices at bw.

with that being said, bw is the resort we hit most often. my wife and i went for a quick weekend to f&w last month and stayed at bwv. heading back in dec for 8 days with the whole family and staying at beach for stormalong bay. cannot wait.

TinkerbellT421
11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
For some reason DBF and I have difficulty straying away from BWV! Every year during our planning stages we talk about where we want to stay next....and for some reason we always end up back at BWV!!! lol

1) Location, but other than that....
2) The atmosphere at night is my favorite
3) The boardwalk itself
4) The decor is right up my alley, but like Brer mentioned its not her type of style. So opinions vary person to person on what type of style is yours. So keep that in mind if thats a factor for you. There are tons of pictures around if you want to see what it is like.
5) Taking a stroll on the beach during a nice day :cloud9:
6) Watching cute disney movies at night on the beach!
7) Being able to rent movies from the clubhouse for your room
8) Activities in the clubhouse especially if you have kids who love to color!
9)
Location :blush: ya know, in case I didnt mention that already! lol