PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass

eeyorepoohfan
11-03-2011, 12:44 PM
My DH and I are going to Disneyland in just over 2 weeks! We are going to be purchasing annual passes (first time!). My question is, what is the best way to purchase them? Should we buy them online through Disneyland's website and pick up the actual pass when we get there? Or should we just wait and buy them right at the park? We won't be arriving until lunch time on a Sunday, so I'm guessing it won't be too busy to buy tickets there at that time. Any insite would be apppreciated! My other question is where do you go to buy your annual pass? Do you do it at the regular ticket counter or is there a special one outside the gates you have to go to? If I buy them online, how do I go about getting my actual pass when we arrive?

Disney4us2
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I am just going to get mine at the park. Time to renew again. They now do the passes at the ticket windows. There is no more AP processing center. No more pictures on the AP's. Either way I think you would have to stop at the ticket window to get you AP.

eeyorepoohfan
11-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Good to know about getting the annual pass at the regular windows! That seems easy enough! I think we'll just go that route then!

NewDVCowner
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I just got my first annual pass in April. We purchased them at the regular ticket window and then were told that, when we had time, to go to one of the annual pass prcoessing centers for our picture. The picture is no longer on the card itself, but comes up on a screen when it's scanned.

As to how busy the windows are - I rarely see a line at them after the morning rush is done. The annual pass centers seemed to be a bit busier, but the three of us were in and out of there in less than ten minutes.

eeyorepoohfan
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Thank you NewDVCowner! Good to know we can just stop off for the picture after buying the pass at the gate!

Another question. What is the sale tax for tickets? I am needing to make sure we plan appropriately on the amount of $ needed for passes alone. We are getting the Deluxe Pass.