PDA

View Full Version : No Rooms...period?

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM
We have an upcoming December trip planned. Our dates fall within free dining (9-16) I was on the Disney World website searching for avaliability for the same dates for friends. Every level resort came back with no avaliability? There is no way ALL the onsite properties are booked...right? GASP!

Goofy4TheWorld
11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Are you looking at availability of rooms at full price or are you checking availability using some kind of discount (25% off, free dining, etc...)?

There might be no availability at free dining prices but I am sure there are rooms at full price out there.

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 01:10 PM
This was just the standard search...dates, ages, room category, etc. I'm hoping it was just a fluke, Disney is usually never THAT busy when we go.

brivers222
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Its got to be a fluke because i just went on the site and every hotel has rooms...

you scared me because I don't want it sold out while i am down there lol

Goofy4TheWorld
11-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I see availability for every resort I checked for 12/9 to 12/16 for 2 adults. I checked both room-only reservation and a package reservation.

:shrug:

CanadaLovesDisney
11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
You should definitely call!
Happy planning!

sanaj2000
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I just booked a few days ago and there were a lot of reservations.
But my travel agent couldn't find any. Weird.

minnie04
11-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I just looked also, and there are rooms in the Moderate level. My suggestion would be to contact Magical Journeys and let them do the search for you. If anyone can find you something its them. Good luck !!:mickey:

Tink1
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
We have an upcoming December trip planned. Our dates fall within free dining (9-16) I was on the Disney World website searching for avaliability for the same dates for friends. Every level resort came back with no avaliability? There is no way ALL the onsite properties are booked...right? GASP!

Disney appears to be having some issues with their system (yet again) that we reported this morning. 2012 Regular and Discounted Packages are pricing out incorrectly (read higher) than they should be. Evidently they "enhanced" over night and mucked something up.

Would not surprise me if their inventory is out of whack as well.

Nanc

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I did make a call to Disney Travel Company and they agreed it was a fluke :thumbsup: I was almost in panic mode LOL!!!

greengeen
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Sure there are rooms, but really, November is awful late to be booking for December, especially if you want a discount. We book the same day discounts come out, and frequently see the choice discount rooms are *all gone* a week later. The early bird yada yada yada...

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 06:27 PM
We've been booked forever...needless to say I'm a planner & my sister in law..ehh not so much. That's why we do our thing, they do theirs. I'm a little OCD when it comes to Disney vacation lol!

Melanie
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Sure there are rooms, but really, November is awful late to be booking for December, especially if you want a discount. We book the same day discounts come out, and frequently see the choice discount rooms are *all gone* a week later. The early bird yada yada yada...

This really isn't an answer for the question asked. People book at all times for different reasons. No need to judge or lecture.