PDA

View Full Version : A little worried about free dining for next year....

Dsnygirl
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
We just got back from a wknd away at AKL, and found a "bounce back" offer in our room for free dining in August at either AKL or WL. It was a 5-nt stay offer, and had to be booked before we left. We didn't jump on it, because we aren't planning on going deluxe next summer.

But -- add that in to the Canadian free dining offer for next August/Sept -- makes me wonder when and if Disney is going to keep selectively releasing the offer to specific guests, vs. the public, like it has been the past few years??

Keeping our fingers crossed that they do do a "general public" release at some point... it's by far the best discount for our family... just wondering if anyone else has seen any other "selective free dining" offers on their recent stays??

PopPhan
11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Even though the bounceback offer was in your room at a Deluxe Resort, it did not state that you had to have the same level of accommodations on your next visit.....

The only difference would be for the Value Resorts...They step the offer down to the Quick Service Dining Plan for the Values; everyone else gets the Standard Dining Plan....

vicster
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
We stayed at WL in September and did not have the bounce back offer in our room. Hoping they'll have free dining again in September or a good room discount.

magicofdisney
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
We had an offer in our room. It stated quick service for Value and Moderate resorts. I contacted Magical Journeys and Wendy said I should call because she'd heard otherwise regarding Mods. Thankfully I took her advice and called because we got a Mod with the regular DDP.

I'm of the opinion that free dining is here to stay. At this point I think it has become the primary incentive for most people to stay on site. How else will Disney continue to compete with the lower costs (perceived or otherwise) to stay offsite.

Gator
11-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm of the opinion that free dining is here to stay. At this point I think it has become the primary incentive for most people to stay on site. How else will Disney continue to compete with the lower costs (perceived or otherwise) to stay offsite.

Bingo! Off-site is so cheap that even discounts on rooms can't match up. Viva el free DDP!

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
FYI anytime we've gotten free dining we have upgraded from QS to TS. We always stay at a Value resort so we just pay the difference. That may be an option on the bounce back offer as well.