PDA

View Full Version : The Low-Down on Disney Visa

sonamae80
11-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I am interested in applying for a Disney Visa, but I wanted to get some feedback first! Can you let me know the pros and cons of doing this.

Thanks! :mickey:

PopPhan
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Pros:
1) 6 months no interest on purchases of Disney vacations
2) 1% "cash back" - in the form of a Disney Visa Rewards card that can be used like a debit card at most Disney venues - including most (if not all) of the vending carts throughout the parks
3) Choice of a number of different card 'styles' with Disney themes
4) 10% off purchases at Disney stores - World of Disney in Downtown Disney is a good one for this

Cons:
Like most 'program' cards, the interest rate is not always the best you can find

rjmdds
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Like most rewards cards, the benefits only become really beneficial if you don't carry a balance. We pay off our balance on our Disney Visa every month and by the time our trip rolls along, we are able to pay for many meals and most souvenirs during our stay. It is great to have.

c&d
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
The main reason we got it was for the rewards card. We will be able to pay for annual passes this year with our points.

We do pay off our balance every month otherwise I would have a card with a lower interest rate.

BrerGnat
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
It's not the best rewards card out there. If you can get a good signing up bonus, like the $200 bonus they periodically offer, then do it, but don't carry a balance. The interest rate is high.

We actually considered the Disney Visa a couple times, but we have done MUCH better with our AMEX Gold card and its rewards program. Free flights, hotels, and rental cars are a much better perk than a Disney Gift Card, for us.

PopPhan
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM
It's not the best rewards card out there. If you can get a good signing up bonus, like the $200 bonus they periodically offer, then do it, but don't carry a balance. The interest rate is high.

We actually considered the Disney Visa a couple times, but we have done MUCH better with our AMEX Gold card and its rewards program. Free flights, hotels, and rental cars are a much better perk than a Disney Gift Card, for us.

But, what is your annual fee for the AMEX Gold card? There is no annual fee for the Chase Disney Visa....(Still not saying it's the best card in the world, though!!) I will NOT have a card in my possession that sports an annual fee to hold.

vicster
11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
We only use our Disney Visa for our trip to WDW. Also, many offers are offered to Disney Visa holders first. We get a better percentage reward (5%) on our GM card. Comes in handy when buying a new car.

BrerGnat
11-01-2011, 07:52 PM
But, what is your annual fee for the AMEX Gold card? There is no annual fee for the Chase Disney Visa....(Still not saying it's the best card in the world, though!!) I will NOT have a card in my possession that sports an annual fee to hold.

It's $150 per year, but we earn about $1000 worth of free travel per year, so we still come out very much ahead. We never carry a balance but we use it for everything, even bills!