PDA

View Full Version : ABC's Once upon a Time

Pages : [1] 2

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
So we are now two episodes into the show and I find myself liking it.

For those who havent watched it, the premise is pretty simple. The Evil Queen (from Snow White) has cast the most powerful Curse. By doing so she has taken EVERYONE from the fantasy world and they are now in the Real world. The only thing is.... They dont know who they are, except for the Queen of course. Oh and the Evil Queen is the Mayor of Storrybrooke which is where the show takes place (with flashbacks to Fantasy world or whatever they are calling it).

So far its a well done drama with good writing and pretty good acting. Surprisingly, or maybe not since it is ABC, Disney has given the show licence to play with the characters. For Example; Jimminy Cricket is now a human (of course) and is a therapist. Grumpy is a town trouble maker, but at one point he is whistling "whistle while you work".

The main Heroine of the show is Emma, Snow Whites daughter. Emma has her own son named Henry, who she gave up for adoption when he was born. He was Adopted by the Evil Queen.

As you can imagine, the twists that are probably going to happen are going to make for a great show. At least it has so far and I look for it to get even better.

Oh and they even have Maleficent as a character. I am happy about that, except that they have the Evil Queen being more powerful, and I dont think that would really work. I mean come on Maleficent can turn herself into a Dragon.

Anyway. If you havent already, check it out. you can watch episodes on ABC.com

MNNHFLTX
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Love this show! One of the few new shows that I will stick with this fall. :thumbsup:

KarenP
11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
So far I am loving this show! It is different from anything else that I watch.

Tink1
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Liking this one and Grimm (NBC on Friday nights)

which means they will take them off the air. LOL

Nanc

tennantsrwe
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
LOVE this show! My husband, who isn't able to watch, even asked me to record the season once I told him about the pilot being so awesome!

tinkwest
11-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Now you've got me hooked. Just finished watching the first two episodes online and have set the DVR for the upcoming episode.

brownie
11-02-2011, 10:35 AM

Nanc

:thumbsup: I like them both, too. And you're probably right, since it seems like every time I like a show it never sticks around for long.

Niecyboo
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, I have DVR'd it so far but Sunday evenings are always too hectic. Now I am excited to watch it, but haven't even seen the pilot yet. Hopefully soon!

DebK
11-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Another fan here!

Melanie
11-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Anyone watching this who watches Survivor as well? I remember Robert Carlyle from The Full Monty, but in this show he reminds me so much of Benjamin (Coach) from Survivor. It's uncanny.

Anyway, just finished watching the second episode and can't wait for tonight. I can't believe how much I like this so far.

NotaGeek
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
OMG -- I am in love with this show! I have a standing dinner date with one of my good friends here on Sunday now -- we make dinner and then watch the show -- so awesome!

AgentC
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I am really liking it too. After watching episode 2, I have added it to my DVR list.

In the first episode, I thought the flash backs made it a little disjointed and slow, but I really liked how the flash backs in episode 2 related to the action in modern day. I am looking forward to see what comes next.

Katzateer
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
:thumbsup:Love it!

Is the woodsman that would not cut out Snow White's heart the sheriff in the "real" world?

This will have to be a show to go back and watch after the season is over to figure out how it all went together

TinkerbellT421
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
I love this show (and like someone else mentioned the other series Grimm). I am completely obsessed with this show now!!

I love seeing all the characters and hearing their names or certain quirks that they have an tieing them together with who their "fantasy world" character is!

Lumpelstilskin (spelling?? lol) is now "Mr. Gold" in the real world.

Grammie is the local hotel bed and breakfast owner and her granddaughter is "Red riding hood". (Hence always wearing red scarf or headband). The evil queen has the Apple Tree in her backyard (and her whole house is decorated with forest type wallpaper, theres black and white wallpaper in the shape of tree bark).

Has anyone else picked up on any other characters and who you think they might be?

TinkerbellT421
11-07-2011, 08:30 AM
For some reason I was thinking Sherriff Graham might be portraying the Sherriff of Notingham from Robin Hood? But Im not 100% convinced yet...lol

Princess'Mom
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Love this show too! It is awesome. I saw Grimm for the first time on Friday night. A little too gruesome for my DD, but I'm kind of liking it too!

Melanie
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
For some reason I was thinking Sherriff Graham might be portraying the Sherriff of Notingham from Robin Hood? But Im not 100% convinced yet...lol

So you think he's evil? I'll be disappointed if he is. I just read a snippet on E! Online that he's definitely a well known character. Hope it's revealed soon!

Gosh, I LOVED last night. Very romantic. I haven't been this wrapped up in a show in a long time.

TinkerbellT421
11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
So you think he's evil? I'll be disappointed if he is. I just read a snippet on E! Online that he's definitely a well known character. Hope it's revealed soon!

Gosh, I LOVED last night. Very romantic. I haven't been this wrapped up in a show in a long time.

Trust me lol, I really hope not either!! lol I like him (and hes cute :blush:)...But I just can't wrap my head around who he "might" be? There were little hints that I might have been reading into too much like when the Queen said to him "I made you sherriff of this town and I can take it away". But he seems too nice to be the sherriff of nottingham. But I cant remember any other "sherriff's" and there hasnt been too many clues to who he might be yet.

And I agree I havent been this wrapped up in a good show in a LONG time!! :thumbsup:

jnfr2424
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I knew I could count on my Intercot family to be watching my newest addiction called Once Upon a Time!!
Now what do you all think about Prince Charming(James) wife coming out of nowhere!? Who do you think she is??

JenniferP
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I knew I could count on my Intercot family to be watching my newest addiction called Once Upon a Time!!
Now what do you all think about Prince Charming(James) wife coming out of nowhere!? Who do you think she is??

In the previews they showed a lot of Cinderella, so that's who I thought she was - except obviously someone different in the real world. I definitely think it is a setup by the mayor because this woman came out of nowhere.

I love this show! I really liked seeing the flashbacks of Snow White and Prince Charming. Can't wait for the next episode :)

melissaox
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I am really liking this show. Its among my favorites of the new shows this season.

AgentC
11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I loved Monday's episode.

I am not sure who Charming's wife is but I am pretty sure it is the same actress who was his fiancee at the beginning of the episode.

The recapper at E! Online thinks the sheriff is the huntsman. Someone in the comments at E! said during the pilot the Queen's man who fights Charming when he is trying to put Emma in the wardrobe is him. I went and rewatched it on Hulu. His face is covered but the voice does sound the same.

Either way I am looking forward to next week's episode.

Melanie
11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I am not sure who Charming's wife is but I am pretty sure it is the same actress who was his fiancee at the beginning of the episode.

I agree. Looks like the same woman.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Definitely enjoying this show a great deal thus far. I'm hoping that it doesn't jump the shark.

Loved this last episode focused on Charming. Can't wait for this weekend's episode.

:smickey:

Niecyboo
11-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I have finally gotten a chance to watch the first three episodes, and I love it just as much as I thought it would. Now that I am caught up, I'm going to try actually watching it on Sunday nights. LOL

Melanie
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
What did you all think of last night's episode? It wasn't my favorite, but I very much enjoyed getting insight into Jiminy's background. Interesting concept. And so happy at the end when Dr. Hopper stood up to the Mayor. :thumbsup:

And Mary Margaret and John Doe! :heart:

AgentC
11-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I loved when Hopper stood up to the mayor too

I also really liked how they are are able to take the story in fairy tale land and tie it to the story in the present day. I thought this worked really well with the Jiminy story.

The romance between Mary Margaret and John Doe is great. It is just so well written.

Other thoughts
- liked that the mayor found and threw away a piece of Snow's coffin
-intriguing that Gold still has the shrunken people in the store in today's world as well as fairy tale world.

I am really enjoying watching the twists and turns of the story and trying to figure out where it is going. :)

PirateLover
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm loving the little shout outs here and there to LOST. This past episode had a blatant one with the Apollo candy bars. My DH is sooo creeped out by Rumpelstiltskin. Every episode he says "Darn that Rumpelstiltskin!" He thinks that guy should get an Emmy.

Katzateer
12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
:thumbsup:Love it!

Is the woodsman that would not cut out Snow White's heart the sheriff in the "real" world?

This will have to be a show to go back and watch after the season is over to figure out how it all went together

So I was right!:woohoo::woohoo:

Katzateer
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
And she took care of him :( darn I liked his character

Ed
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm totally hooked on this one and "Revenge"... two really great shows! :thumbsup:

Gotta love DVRs !

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I DVR both, Once Upon A Time and Grimm and then my DD and I sit and watch them during the week after school if she has no homework. Love them both.

Belle619
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
My DH is sooo creeped out by Rumpelstiltskin.

I think my DH is actually frightened by the Rumpelstiltskin character! I've noticed that every time he is on, my husband finds a reason to leave the room! :scared:

Niecyboo
12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I just finished watching Sunday's episode, and NEW people would have been on this thread commenting about it. I am so upset. He was one of my favorite characters.

TinkerbellT421
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
I finally got to watch Sundays episode too!! I knew Graham was going to die when I saw the thread before watching, was secretly hoping it wasn't true! :( Upsets me, hopefully he will come back when or if they go back to the other world (a girl can hope right? lol) I found it VERY interesting the the Evil witch was Snow Whites stepmother! And she mentioned that Snow White ruined her life before she was even married to Snow Whites father. I am still curious as to what happened that she is sooo vindictive!

DizneyFreak2002
12-15-2011, 12:20 AM
I have a few shows I watch: The Big Bang Theory, True Blood, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and now Once Upon A Time... Once Upon a Time is a great show... The best new show of the new season, along with Grimm...

AdventurerKim
12-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm totally hooked on this one and "Revenge"... two really great shows! :thumbsup:

:ditto: Love both!! Can't wait to see where both are going.

IloveDisney71
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM
:thumbsup: I like them both, too. And you're probably right, since it seems like every time I like a show it never sticks around for long.

Nanc

My DD and I love both of these too and we've been saying the same thing! I hope not though because they are really good and so different than anything else that's ever been on.

Katzateer
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
The marathon s fun! cant wait for the new show next Sunday!

Melanie
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I missed the first two today, but started last hour with Snow Falls. Love this show, and loving it even more with this marathon. Can't wait for new episode!

Looks like from looking at the Wikipedia page that an episode with Belle is coming up. She'll be played by Emilie de Ravin from Lost.

Katzateer
01-02-2012, 07:48 AM
ILooks like from looking at the Wikipedia page that an episode with Belle is coming up. She'll be played by Emilie de Ravin from Lost.

:cloud9:

can't wait- my favorite B&B

Jim&AngieMarriner
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Glad so many of my INTERCOT family likes this show as well.

Watched the most recent episode last night on my DVR. I really enjoyed it. I liked that they are bringing out more of the EQ's magical spell use. Gave her a nice sense of power. Of course she is powerful, she did envoke the Curse, but the fact that she has strong fast spell casting skills just makes her that much more of a threat in my book.

Only thing I really didnt like was the fact that the "blind witch" from Hansel and Gretel was in fact an attractive young woman, granted she was blind. I guess in my head I always pictured her an old crone/hag.

And itsnt next weeks episode going to be interesting?? There is a stranger in Storybrooke, there is never a stranger in Storybrooke.

Melanie
02-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I loved this episode!! CHIP!

DizneyFreak2002
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Emilie de Ravin :cloud9: loved her on Lost, loved her on Roswell...

I loved the way they weaved Beauty and the Beast into tonight's show... And did anyone catch the Queen talking about a "mermaid???" Maybe we'll get Ariel down the line...

AgentC
02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Great episode. I agree they did a great job incorporating B&B but still giving it a twist. The depth to Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin is wonderful.

I did here the comment about the mermaid too. :)

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2012, 12:47 AM
This episode had a lot in it... Sorcerer's Apprentice hat, Chip, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth (in a background scene)...

Melanie
02-13-2012, 07:13 AM
This episode had a lot in it... Sorcerer's Apprentice hat, Chip, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth (in a background scene)...

I definitely heard the mermaid comment, but missed all of this except Chip of course. Guess I'll have to watch again. Not usually great with details unless they are super obvious.

That last scene with Belle in the locked room had a very Lost feel, even down to the music.

AgentC
02-13-2012, 07:19 AM

I was listening more than watching for a lot of it thanks to wild children. :D I was going to watch again today. I'll have to see if I can find all of those.

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2012, 11:38 AM
I definitely heard the mermaid comment, but missed all of this except Chip of course. Guess I'll have to watch again. Not usually great with details unless they are super obvious.

That last scene with Belle in the locked room had a very Lost feel, even down to the music.

I hope Belle being in the locked room foreshadows Emilie de Ravin becoming a regular... :)

I was listening more than watching for a lot of it thanks to wild children. :D I was going to watch again today. I'll have to see if I can find all of those.

In the scene when Belle placed the rose on the table Cogsworth and Lumiere could be seen in the background. If you watch it again, watch out that scene.

Melanie
02-13-2012, 05:23 PM
In the scene when Belle placed the rose on the table Cogsworth and Lumiere could be seen in the background. If you watch it again, watch out that scene.

I would have never noticed that. Good catch. Went back and watched the scene and there they were.

I was happy with just the bit where Belle dropped the cup and it became Chip, but love how much more it became to the story. Really, am I the only one who is becoming Team Mr. Gold? I feel sympathy for him. Maybe it's just because I hate Regina/EQ so much.

I hope they get going with the David/MM storyline soon. The whole staying with the wife he doesn't remember, sneaking around with MM thing is getting old for me.

AgentC
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I would have never noticed that. Good catch. Went back and watched the scene and there they were.

I was happy with just the bit where Belle dropped the cup and it became Chip, but love how much more it became to the story. Really, am I the only one who is becoming Team Mr. Gold? I feel sympathy for him. Maybe it's just because I hate Regina/EQ so much.

I hope they get going with the David/MM storyline soon. The whole staying with the wife he doesn't remember, sneaking around with MM thing is getting old for me.

Mr. Gold was great in this episode. He is such a nuanced character. I love a good bad boy redeemed story. Beauty & the Beast and Tangled are both great examples for this.

Maybe we will feel more sympathy for Regina if they ever tell us the horrible thing that happened to her, but for me she is just evil right now.

Agree on David/MM. I'm fine if they don't get their memories back right away, but the he's with her, no he's not is starting to drive me crazy.

bleukarma
02-15-2012, 07:06 PM
I caught everything but the Sorcerer's hat. Where was that?

Loved Chip! One of my favorite's in B&B.

I was hoping to hear the story of his son.

We now know for sure that Mr. Gold knows the true story of Storybrook! I'm excited about that.

I did hear the mermaid comment and thought we might see an Ariel eventually. Then I saw the previews for next weeks episode and looks like it has to do with some woman in the water.

I hope Emily de Raven becomes a regular!

Melanie
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I caught everything but the Sorcerer's hat. Where was that?

I never saw it either, which is surprising since it's my favorite. :smickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
All I can say is this show NEVER lets me down! I can't get enough!!! And I'm with you on this one Mel, I am starting to feel empathy towards Mr. Gold...

Katzateer
02-18-2012, 05:29 PM
mr. gold's character is really good-what other shows has that actor been on?? Someone I would recognize?

Melanie
02-18-2012, 06:21 PM
mr. gold's character is really good-what other shows has that actor been on?? Someone I would recognize?

The only thing I really know Robert Carlyle from is The Full Monty. I loved that movie.

MNNHFLTX
02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Really, am I the only one who is becoming Team Mr. Gold? I feel sympathy for him. Maybe it's just because I hate Regina/EQ so much.You're not alone, I do feel empathy for Mr. Gold. But to tell the truth, I feel a flicker of sympathy for Regina too, at least how she is in modern times. She occasionally allows us little glimpses of human emotion and vulnerability, especially with Henry. I have a feeling there's a backstory that will explain her situation better. As with Gold, it will probably come down to who loves their power more than anything else.

Totally agree! I hate seeing Mary Margaret acting so weak. When she opened the wrong VDay's card I wanted her to send him packing!

MNNHFLTX
02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I did hear the mermaid comment and thought we might see an Ariel eventually. Then I saw the previews for next weeks episode and looks like it has to do with some woman in the water.
The woman in the previews looks to be something other than a mermaid. More like the Lady of the Lake from King Arthur's time, or some other fairy tale I can't think of. At least I hope that's the case--although I enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast connection in the last episode, I would almost rather they stick with some of the less Disneyfied fairy tales, like the ones I remember reading growing up. Don't hate me! ;)

Ed
02-18-2012, 07:47 PM

The only thing I really know Robert Carlyle from is The Full Monty. I loved that movie.

He's actually been in quite a few movies (most I've never heard of :shrug: ) - check his IMDb "filmography" here. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001015/maindetails)

AgentC
02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
The woman in the previews looks to be something other than a mermaid. More like the Lady of the Lake from King Arthur's time, or some other fairy tale I can't think of. At least I hope that's the case--although I enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast connection in the last episode, I would almost rather they stick with some of the less Disneyfied fairy tales, like the ones I remember reading growing up. Don't hate me! ;)

I thought she was more the Lady of the Lake type too. Once Upon a Time had a very short preview on their Facebook page and James calls her a siren.

I like both types of fairy tales. It is interesting to see how they spin a Disney tale but there are so many great fairy tales out there that I hope they do explore some of the others.

Katzateer
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
He's actually been in quite a few movies (most I've never heard of :shrug: ) - check his IMDb "filmography" here. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001015/maindetails)

Thanks -that was interesting. I especially liked that last line that he owes his father everything. Seems like a nice person.:thumbsup:

AgentC
02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Nothing going to post a lot yet since the episode just aired last night. Overall I liked it, but does anyone else find it weird that James/Charming seems to have a much stronger character than David?

It seems like David always makes the weak decision.

MNNHFLTX
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Nothing going to post a lot yet since the episode just aired last night. Overall I liked it, but does anyone else find it weird that James/Charming seems to have a much stronger character than David?

It seems like David always makes the weak decision.Couldn't agree more. In his "David" persona he irritates me to no end.

Thought is was a so-so episode last night. Loved that Abigail got her true love back, but it was all a bit anti-climatic.

I heard there's an episode coming up that focuses more on the background of the Seven Dwarves (Grumpy, in particular). That sounds intriguing....

Melanie
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Couldn't agree more. In his "David" persona he irritates me to no end.

Agreed, BUT I also don't really care for MM in Storybrook either. She's much weaker than her Snow, but has turned out in the long run to be a lot stronger than David. It's drug out a little too long for me, I guess. Lost revisited.

Oh, and what do you guys think of Frederick. So he was the guy who she bumped into at the school when she was about to confront MM, and then again he was the one who came upon her car at the end. Where's he been all this time?

bleukarma
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Yep, it was a Lady of the Lake storyline. I agree that Charming is much more tolerable then David. David is hurting everybody and it seems like Charming wants to help everybody.

I just finished watching the 24 series and Robert Carlyle was in the 24 tv movie. As soon as I saw him I thought "hey, it's Mr. Gold!"

Yeah, Frederick just came out of nowhere. I was wondering how they were going to get David's wife out of Storybrook since no one can leave. I guess they just made her disappear.

I miss Stealthy as the 8th dwarf. He would've made the original story so much more interesting!

Melanie
02-21-2012, 06:56 AM
So what do you guys think of the writer's name - August Wayne Booth? Gotta be something in that name.

AgentC
02-21-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think we've seen the last of Catherine or Frederick. It is funny how characters suddenly "appear" for their story line, but I suppose we can blame to curse for keeping everyone away from their destiny.

I am really wondering August W Booth too. All sorts of crazy theories out there on the internet. What does everyone think he was doing to the book? Fixing it? Making a copy? Adding stories?

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
So far I like the writer.
I enjoyed the B&B episode.

This last episode left a lot to be desired (imho).
Next week looks better thankfully.

:smickey:

Melanie
02-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I am really wondering August W Booth too. All sorts of crazy theories out there on the internet. What does everyone think he was doing to the book? Fixing it? Making a copy? Adding stories?

Okay, so I just saw that one of the Grimm brothers had a son named Auguste.

Not sure what he was doing with the book Cindy. Hopefully we'll get a clue in upcoming episodes when Henry is reading it. He'll know if anything is different.

TinkerbellT421
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
This is all speculation but what I thought about the book is this.

a) This guy August came out of nowhere into this town and I found him to be a little "off" since day one

b) Someone sent him to Storybrook, question is who?

c) Didn't the book get destroyed by the Queen? There for the book is gone? It looked as though he was remaking it from scratch. That book had to be created at some point prior to them coming to Storybrook to begin with. Did he create the first version? I am almost intrigued to go back to one of the beginning episodes when they were all around the table in Fantasy world when they were talking about there options and try to see who everyone was at that table...
So is he recreating the book so the story doesn't get lost, or is he recreating the book with a different story line/plot? Adding stories? Which I cannot see how he can do seeing that Henry knows the entire book by heart so he would know if or when something was changed.

d) He went out of his way to make the book appear safe in a box under the tire of Emma's car, why? Obviously to get back to Henry....

Any ideas guys?? Please tell me I'm not crazy lol I know that might be hard haha I am a little loopy

DizneyFreak2002
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
So what do you guys think of the writer's name - August Wayne Booth? Gotta be something in that name.

Okay, so I just saw that one of the Grimm brothers had a son named Auguste.

Not sure what he was doing with the book Cindy. Hopefully we'll get a clue in upcoming episodes when Henry is reading it. He'll know if anything is different.

Ready for some wild speculation??? August is the son of the original writer of the book... And somehow, when the original book was destroyed, the family knew... maybe some sort of magical power or some sort of tie to the book led them to feel the book's destruction.. And August shows up to rewrite the book in an effort to assist Henry and Emma with returning to town to it's original fairy tale state, and also to defeat the Evil Queen...

MNNHFLTX
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Ready for some wild speculation??? August is the son of the original writer of the book... And somehow, when the original book was destroyed, the family knew... maybe some sort of magical power or some sort of tie to the book led them to feel the book's destruction.. And August shows up to rewrite the book in an effort to assist Henry and Emma with returning to town to it's original fairy tale state, and also to defeat the Evil Queen...I like it. You could be one of the show's writers. :)

DizneyFreak2002
02-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I like it. You could be one of the show's writers. :)

Maybe I am... ;)

Just kidding.. :)

Melanie
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I like it. You could be one of the show's writers. :)

I like it too. Would have been perfect had the show been intended as a mini-series. ;)

AgentC
03-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Aww. Poor Grumpy.

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
So, do you all like Red's back story or not??? I wasn't too fond where they took her character to in the fantasy world...

AgentC
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
So, do you all like Red's back story or not??? I wasn't too fond where they took her character to in the fantasy world...

I really liked her story. I thought the imagery and parallels to the "real world" were great. I was expecting a twist but not the twist we got.

However, I do see your point. Not exactly sure where her story goes from here. And I didn't think the end Peter result was necessary.

Since this episode went back in time in the fairy tale world, I am hoping we see a little more of what happens next.

lettripp
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Sunday night's episode was one of my favorites so far! I find that many episodes are more depressing than shocking... it feels a lot like this downward spiral and I find myself asking "Can their lives possible get any worse?!" I enjoyed Red's story because although the end was sad, the shock value was more exciting than just plain said... had some really powerful emotions involved - not the normal sense of hopelessness that seems to come from reality in Storybrook...

AgentC
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I think Sunday night's episode was one of my favorites so far! I find that many episodes are more depressing than shocking... it feels a lot like this downward spiral and I find myself asking "Can their lives possible get any worse?!" I enjoyed Red's story because although the end was sad, the shock value was more exciting than just plain said... had some really powerful emotions involved - not the normal sense of hopelessness that seems to come from reality in Storybrook...

Totally agree. I was reading an interview with Jennifer Morrision and she said things will start to turn around for good near the end of the season. Looks like 7 episodes left.

PirateLover
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I guess I'm the odd one out, I really did not like this week's episode. Everything felt off to me, from the acting to the story line... just wasn't my favorite.

TinkerbellT421
03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
All I know is, this show never disappoints me! Every week I am more fond of it. :mickey:

bleukarma
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
All I know is, this show never disappoints me! Every week I am more fond of it. :mickey:

Same here!

I wasn't a big fan of the Red Riding Hood episode, just because I was never a fan of the story. But I still enjoyed my hour. :mickey:

The twist at the end snuck up on me. And what was with David wondering around in the woods out of it??

lettripp
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I had a serious laugh out loud moment this past Sunday... when Snow was singing to the blue bird (Yay Disney!).

Another fantastic episode this week!

Melanie
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I had a serious laugh out loud moment this past Sunday... when Snow was singing to the blue bird (Yay Disney!).

And then when she started swatting at it! :funny:

MNNHFLTX
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM
I thought it was an interesting episode this week too. Love that Snow White is not a typical fairy tale damsel-in-distress and the seven dwarfs were fun to watch. And getting Jiminy Cricket involved was brilliant!

Very interesting exchange between August and Henry--it seems as though "the stranger" is not a stranger, but someone who is orchestrating (or has orchestrated) it all. Does seem to point toward the writer of the fairy tales or someone related.

TinkerbellT421
03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Very interesting exchange between August and Henry--it seems as though "the stranger" is not a stranger, but someone who is orchestrating (or has orchestrated) it all. Does seem to point toward the writer of the fairy tales or someone related.

Agreed! I came up with a whole theory in my head and that was one of the thoughts. Kinda sorta touched upon it a couple of weeks ago here. I knew he was "off"! He knows more than he is letting on just yet!!

AgentC
03-21-2012, 07:31 AM
I thought it was an interesting episode this week too. Love that Snow White is not a typical fairy tale damsel-in-distress and the seven dwarfs were fun to watch. And getting Jiminy Cricket involved was brilliant!

I really liked this episode. I thought the intervention was so funny.

August is very interesting. It seems like he is definitely falling on the "good" side since he wants to make Emma a believer. Some of the fan sites have mentioned that water is always a theme around him and that it might be significant. Anyone has any ideas?

Oh and what do you think about Red embracing her other side?

DizneyFreak2002
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
OK, this took some research on my part, and may really be out there, but just pay close attention:

The Brothers Grimm shared a friend: August von Haxthausen... Looking up this friend, he shared the same interest in folklore and fairy tales as the Grimms did... August participated in the War of the Sixth Coalition against France... His desire was to publish fairy tales he collected from friends and fellow soldiers... In fact, it is stated that his friends recorded all of his activities... Those friends??? THE GRIMM BROTHERS...

Now, where does water come in??? Well, his father was a backwater planter.. I had to look up backwater and here is the dictionary.com definition:

1.water held or forced back, as by a dam, flood, or tide.

2. a place or state of stagnant backwardness: This area of the country is a backwater that continues to resist progress.

3. an isolated, peaceful place.

4.a stroke executed by pushing a paddle forward, causing a canoe to move backward.

OK, we can eliminate the first and fourth definitions... However, I think you CAN apply the second and third to Storybrook, can't you??? I mean, Regina is trying to keep the town stagnant, right???? Since this isn't their reality, the are pretty backwards, correct??? Not just that, but isn't Storybrook isolated from the rest of the real world???

A little further into his character and why he is helping Henry and wants Emma to believe as he and Henry do: In 1812, the peasants in Germany revolted against the Kingdom of Westphalia... His family's estate was effected by this revolt.. But instead of siding with the Kingdom and believing this was an attack against land classes, his family, and August as well, believed this was "true Germans revolting against conditions created by the foreign domination"... In this show, Emma needs to believe that the people of Storybrook are in fact fairy tale charcaters... She needs to get the REAL STORYBROOK (fairy tale characters) TO RISE UP AGAINST THE QUEEN (which would be, in the real August's time the foreign domination)...

OK, read that, soak it in.. And let me know if you think I may be on to the right path as to who August is in the show...

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Sounds similar to some of the theories I've read online. One of the problems I have with all the talk about the Brothers Grimm is that not all the fairy tales and characters from fairy tales featured in the show have been by them (for example, King Midas is actually a character in Greek Mythology). So while I think there might be a link to them, I'm not sure it's the only important one. Knowing the producers of this show, they are probably taking their inspiration from a variety of places. I've even read that some people think Emma was brought in as the protagonist in the show similar to Jane Austen's Emma.

Think I'll just sit back and take it all in each week.

SBETigg
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Knowing the producers of this show, they are probably taking their inspiration from a variety of places. I've even read that some people think Emma was brought in as the protagonist in the show similar to Jane Austen's Emma.

Think I'll just sit back and take it all in each week.

There's no similarity between Emma and Jane Austen's Emma, except in name. But I'm sure theories abound. Like you, I'm mostly just watching it unfold.

AgentC
03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I've seen a lot of theories including some similar to August von Haxthausen. I spent way too much time playing around the internet today reading them. :D Some others are Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Baelfire or the 7 year old boy who found Emma.

There is an episode coming up called The Stranger with Pinocchio's story but that seems a bit too obvious. There is also an episode about what happened to Baelfire.

Even though I really want to know I think I am going to sit back and watch it unfold too and try to savor the rest of the season. :D

Katzateer
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE I missed the first 20 minutes tonight and didn't set my cable to record!! Hunger Games was a longer movie than I expected. The Mad Hatter looked amazing!

AdventurerKim
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Great episode tonight! I can't wait to see where all of this is going and what the cliffhanger last episode will be, which I'm certain is coming.

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Season is scheduled to end May 13th... Seems like we have a new show next week then 2 weeks of reruns/preempts... Retuning April 22, 29, May 6 and season finale May 13th, that's 5 more shows until the end of the season...

I think I liked the Mad Hatter Story, though I didn't like the Queen of Hearts having her face covered... UNLESS, that is significant... Who could have been hiding behind her veil??? Probably nothing though...

AgentC
03-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE I missed the first 20 minutes tonight and didn't set my cable to record!! Hunger Games was a longer movie than I expected. The Mad Hatter looked amazing!

You should be able to catch what you missed online. Both Hulu and ABC usually have it the next day.

SBETigg
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Am I the only one starting to feel a little... Lost? I don't like some of the twists they have taken with fairy tales. I do appreciate some, but others just go too far. Like, David's behavior. Why can't he still be heroic? I have no idea why Mary Margaret would love him now. Shouldn't he still be, kinda charming? And the whole mad hatter show... it was just, not quite right to me. I don't know. I appreciate that they are building to something, but I'm starting to think they're going to go too far, to a whacked out kind of twisted place where it doesn't make sense anymore and the audience is left disappointed.

AgentC
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Am I the only one starting to feel a little... Lost? I don't like some of the twists they have taken with fairy tales. I do appreciate some, but others just go too far. Like, David's behavior. Why can't he still be heroic? I have no idea why Mary Margaret would love him now. Shouldn't he still be, kinda charming? And the whole mad hatter show... it was just, not quite right to me. I don't know. I appreciate that they are building to something, but I'm starting to think they're going to go too far, to a whacked out kind of twisted place where it doesn't make sense anymore and the audience is left disappointed.

I understand where you are coming from on David. James/Charming is so cool and David just so wimpy and indecisive. It was really bothering me until I read an article about the curse and how part of the curse is that it brings out the worse/opposite traits of their personality. So Charming is strong, loyal, decisive and David isn't. But I agree with you that in David's case, it has mainly been negative. We really need to see some of his good traits.

I like the Mad Hatter episode but there were parts I could live without. I am looking forward to seeing the next episode since it is supposed to be the turning point for Regina.

DizneyFreak2002
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Another little easter egg in Sunday's show... One of the "doors" lead to... um... OZ :)

Katzateer
03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Am I the only one starting to feel a little... Lost?. I appreciate that they are building to something, but I'm starting to think they're going to go too far, to a whacked out kind of twisted place where it doesn't make sense anymore and the audience is left disappointed.

I felt that way during the last season of Lost and didn't watch as much until the end of the last season. Hope I don't get to that point on this show.

Disneypixie513
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
The Mad Hatter episode is up there with my favorite episode. It ties with "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" and "Skin Deep"

I loved the character and story. I too think that the Queen of Hearts is someone we've seen before since her face was covered.

I had my heart strings tugged on so many times. When Emma gave her little speil about wanting to belive and all that jazz, then let the Hatter have it. I hated how she said all that to get him off guard. I loved how Emma slipped and referred to MM as "family". I loved how Emma also asked Henry for the fairytale book.
But the shot that really got me was right near the end. When you see the Hatter going mad trying to make another magic hat to get back to his daughter.

Like I said. I loved this episode. I not only watched it on Sunday, but I just watched it again on Hulu.

Oh! And I was so happy to see that ABC renewed it for another season. They're also going to release this season on DVD in the fall! I'm so excited. (And I'm kinda excited and depressed that the season finale is on the 13th, which is my birthday. What a present...)
Wow. I have really rambled during this post. Sorry guys! I just really really enjoy this show :blush:

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I found this week's episode a bit bewildering at first. In the fairy tale world they show Jefferson being "found" by his daughter. I thought for sure they were doing a tie-in to Red's story since he tells the little girl that she can always find him "with that nose of yours". He also makes a habit out of covering her head up with that little red hooded cape. Then all of a sudden it morphs into a Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland story! I was totally barking up the wrong tree, lol!

Certainly some interesting twists in the episode, but also some implausible ones. That Jefferson could have a huge mansion in Storybrooke and the sheriff (and presumably, townspeople) have no knowledge of it. And there's a "mad" man living in the forest, kidnapping women and yet Mary Margaret is the prime suspect for the murder/disappearance of Kathryn?

bleukarma
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I was so excited to find out why Regina hated Snow so much!!! It was odd to see Regina have a nice side.

So...Mr. Gold is lying to Regina, it looks like. I knew something had to happen so Mary Margaret wouldnt go to prison, or whatever they were going to do with her.

The woman playing Regina's mother looked familiar.

AgentC
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
I was so excited to find out why Regina hated Snow so much!!! It was odd to see Regina have a nice side.

So...Mr. Gold is lying to Regina, it looks like. I knew something had to happen so Mary Margaret wouldnt go to prison, or whatever they were going to do with her.

The woman playing Regina's mother looked familiar.

I liked this episode a lot. I'm not sure if Mr. Gold was lying as much as filling the exact bargain he set with her. It looked like the bargain was framing Mary Margaret and getting her to run away. Technically they both happened. :)

Regina's mother is Barbara Hershey. She was most recently in The Black Swan.

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Such an interesting episode this week! I enjoyed seeing the nice side (as brief as it was) of Regina! Her mom was a really retched woman though! No wonder Regina is the way she is all of a sudden. Made sense too why Regina has been obsessed with collecting everyone's hearts that she keeps in the boxes. (Don't forget now, she has everyone in Storybrook's heart in the boxes in her dungeon). They do not die until Regina squeezes the heart to dust.

Did anyone watch the clip from next week's episode? I knew there was something fishy about this new guy!!

MNNHFLTX
04-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Regina's back story was interesting. Boy, her mother took evil to a new level!! Wonder if she'll ever show up in Storybrooke.

On a side note, I couldn't believe how much the actress who portrayed Snow White as a child looked like her grown-up counterpart!

TinkerbellT421
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
On a side note, I couldn't believe how much the actress who portrayed Snow White as a child looked like her grown-up counterpart!

Oh I know!!! She even had some of the facial expressions like down to a tee!!

PirateLover
04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Was Regina's mother evil? No doubt. I still don't think what Snow did deserves the kind of vindictive treatment Regina gives her, though. I mean, she was a LITTLE GIRL! You can't ask her to keep a secret like that. I agree, the actress playing young Snow was SO spot on!

MNNHFLTX
04-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Was Regina's mother evil? No doubt. I still don't think what Snow did deserves the kind of vindictive treatment Regina gives her, though. I mean, she was a LITTLE GIRL! You can't ask her to keep a secret like that.I agree, I thought that was over the top, especially as she was so nice and understanding to Snow White early on. Maybe her heart turned to dust the same time poor Daniel's did. (I know--so melodramatic, lol!)

Melanie
04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm again to the point that if something doesn't happen soon to bring Regina down a notch, I might stop watching. I could hardly stand to watch the scene where she went to the jail to gloat to MM. Insanely, horribly evil. I don't care what the backstory is.

DizneyFreak2002
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Seems this is what happens with shows... The villain gets to gloat week in and week out, especially when shutting them up is painfully obviously easy... But, the writers just drag it out... And then, they leave you hanging at season's end... This is why I like cable TV shows... No dragging out (or very little)... Things are wrapped up very nicely in 10 to 12 weeks...

With that said, Once Upon A Time needs to really start knocking it out of the park as we approach the final 5 weeks of the season... Or else it may suffer a cruel fate in season 2...

AgentC
04-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Seems this is what happens with shows... The villain gets to gloat week in and week out, especially when shutting them up is painfully obviously easy... But, the writers just drag it out... And then, they leave you hanging at season's end... This is why I like cable TV shows... No dragging out (or very little)... Things are wrapped up very nicely in 10 to 12 weeks...

With that said, Once Upon A Time needs to really start knocking it out of the park as we approach the final 5 weeks of the season... Or else it may suffer a cruel fate in season 2...

I think they stretched it too long once they realized they were going to be renewed and wanted enough for next season. I don't think we are going to move forward much next episode since it is another Rumple tale. The last 3 episodes are supposed to be the tide turning against Regina.

I think it would have been better if they let good have a small victory every now and then.

DizneyFreak2002
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I think they stretched it too long once they realized they were going to be renewed and wanted enough for next season. I don't think we are going to move forward much next episode since it is another Rumple tale. The last 3 episodes are supposed to be the tide turning against Regina.

I think it would have been better if they let good have a small victory every now and then.

See, my only worry with this show was how long of a life it could have... And honestly, I only see a very limited shelf life for it... It seems like they already ran out of idea in the first season... The show started off with so much promise, but how long could they go with Emma not believing the curse??? You knew she'd believe it sooner or later, she had to... And now, she is starting to believe... And once she does, that's it... That will be hard to stretch out over the course of another season... I hope I am wrong and they come up with some amazing story lines for season 2... But with the way season 1 is ending, I am not so sure...

bleukarma
04-06-2012, 07:04 AM
You can tell the writers of Lost write this show too. The same thing happened with Lost.

I think it was Snow's betrayel pushed her over the edge and then her mother finally giving her attention that made her the way she is. She was so hurt over Daniel's death and then her mom told her she did a good job about lying to Snow. Something snapped.

I'm not sure if her mom is still around. She was never seen in the scene's where they flashed over to her in the castle, just the father.

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I feel different about Lost... Lost had so much they could have done... I feel what killed Lost was the writers strike... Same thing with Heroes... Two great shows that lost their way once the writers strike happened... But with Once Upon A Time, it feels like they lost their way and moved from the premise of the show already, and we haven't finished season 1 yet... Not a good sign...

Aurora
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I know what you mean about it getting old that Regina gets the upper hand week after week. Hopefully they can do something with Emma beginning to believe -- I think that will actually be the start of a long story arc. Just 'cause she believes doesn't mean she can automatically defeat Regina; she'll need actual, trustworthy allies and a good game plan.

I don't think the show has lost its way at all; in order to keep going, it has to have lots of smaller story origins, and that's what Season 1 is for.

Aurora
04-13-2012, 06:12 PM

She was so convincing that I was nearly positive they did some sort of CGI tampering to make her look so much like Snow! :funny:

PirateLover
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't say it's lost its way either, I'm just getting frustrated with Regina, as has been stated. It's one thing to have a villain you love to hate, but it's going beyond that at this point. I think there is a whole host of possibilities of where the show can go if Emma starts believing. I actually prefer the fairy tale world, and wouldn't mind if they went there permanently. I loved Lost, but it got pretty frustrating at times and I was a bit underwhelmed with the finale. The main plot device of the shows is so similar though, with the flashbacks and Storybrook being the new "island" and so few people knowing what is actually going on.

Aurora
04-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Oooooh, here we go, people! Have you seen the preview for the next episode? Looks really juicy!!

bleukarma
04-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't wait until tonight's new episode! Look's like a good one!

I think I am the minority here with the little girl that played Snow. She was the little girl that played with Adam Sandler in "Just Go with It." Her character in that movie annoyed me so every time I saw her I got annoyed. She's a good actress, but I will probably always see her as that annoying little girl with Adam Sandler. :(

SBETigg
04-22-2012, 01:22 PM

I think I am the minority here with the little girl that played Snow. She was the little girl that played with Adam Sandler in "Just Go with It." Her character in that movie annoyed me so every time I saw her I got annoyed. She's a good actress, but I will probably always see her as that annoying little girl with Adam Sandler. :(

Oh I totally agree with you. She's a hammy little overactor. She might get better in time, but when I saw her in this show, I rolled my eyes.

PirateLover
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM

Never saw her in anything else. Thought she was perfect for this role, but yeah if she acts like that in everything she does that would get old fast.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2012, 04:21 PM
I think I am the minority here with the little girl that played Snow. She was the little girl that played with Adam Sandler in "Just Go with It." Her character in that movie annoyed me so every time I saw her I got annoyed. She's a good actress, but I will probably always see her as that annoying little girl with Adam Sandler. :(Lol--that's the way I feel about Adam Sandler.

So, what did everyone think of Sunday's episode? Lots of insight into Rumpelstiltkin/Gold but not so much into who August really is. And sheesh, why would Kathryn be so nice to David? I'm really tired of his Storybrooke character. :/

AgentC
04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Lol--that's the way I feel about Adam Sandler.

So, what did everyone think of Sunday's episode? Lots of insight into Rumpelstiltkin/Gold but not so much into who August really is. And sheesh, why would Kathryn be so nice to David? I'm really tired of his Storybrooke character. :/

I liked Sunday's episode but I really like Rumpelstiltskin episodes. I thought they did a great job showing that even with his power, R was still at heart a coward. I also like how it tied in neatly to why he was so upset that Belle almost took his powers away and how he was the "puppet master" behind some of Regina's actions.

The next episode is about Pinocchio so I think those who think August is Pinocchio are probably right. The leg stiffness could be him turning back into wood. He also goes to the Mother Superior (Blue Fairy) for help and has mentioned that "he doesn't lie" quite a bit. It will be interesting to see if that is who he is. Of course, now I really want to know where Baelfire is.

David didn't bother me so much this episode. It seems like he at least recognizes he was wrong. I suppose the whole Kathryn thing may have been to remind us she had already forgiven him and MM before she tried to leave town.

I am really glad that Emma is going to start coming into her own. It took long enough!

TinkerbellT421
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM
c) Didn't the book get destroyed by the Queen? There for the book is gone? It looked as though he was remaking it from scratch. That book had to be created at some point prior to them coming to Storybrook to begin with. Did he create the first version? I am almost intrigued to go back to one of the beginning episodes when they were all around the table in Fantasy world when they were talking about there options and try to see who everyone was at that table...
So is he recreating the book so the story doesn't get lost, or is he recreating the book with a different story line/plot? Adding stories? Which I cannot see how he can do seeing that Henry knows the entire book by heart so he would know if or when something was changed.

aha! so I guess I was somewhat right way back when!

Also, did anyone notice that Henry's lunch box was a "Tron" lunchbox? Lol It's so funny the little Disney things they add to the show that are suttle

Melanie
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Great episode! Poor August/Pinocchio. And poor Emma. I totally would have reacted the way she did. That's a whole lot of responsibility to take on, especially when she cares so much for so many of the folks involved. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Yes, love the Tron lunchbox and how about the plane flying over? Totally took me back to Lost.

AgentC
04-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I really liked this episode. I thought the end scene with August/Pinocchio & Geppetto was great.

Loved when Mary Margaret stood up to Regina. Her real world character is definitely getting closer to Snow White.

I can't believe there are only two episodes left. I hate waiting for new seasons!

SBETigg
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Good episode, but I just want Emma to believe. I guess it has to take some time.

AgentC
05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Good episode, but I just want Emma to believe. I guess it has to take some time.

Me too, Sherri.

I went to a a class on characterization on and the instructor was talking about Michael Hauge's screenwriting theory of a character starting in her identity(who she thinks she is) and becoming her essence (who she really is).

I thought that really applies to Emma in OUaT. SO much of her story line has been about her resistance to believing.

Princess'Mom
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I really liked this episode. I thought the end scene with August/Pinocchio & Geppetto was great.

Loved when Mary Margaret stood up to Regina. Her real world character is definitely getting closer to Snow White.

I can't believe there are only two episodes left. I hate waiting for new seasons!

Love, love, love this show! Mary Margaret better be careful around Regina! Don't forget Regina's secret vault - she seems to have her finger on the pulse in town! (no pun intended) :D
The trailers for the upcoming episodes look like nail biters - typical for a season ending, huh? Leave the audience wanting more! ;)

micky95
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
my dw & i watch the tv show once upon a time .the show on sunday the 4th told why the evil queen\mayor hates snow white .right at that scene where they were to meet our satelite went out just long enough for us to miss it.when it did come back on she was talking about someone named daniel. no one we know watches it so we can't find out.can some one fill in the gap for us?.thanks

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
THE abc website has last nights episode online. I'm having to watch it there because my local station lost ALL sound after the 1st 10 minutes of the show! ARGH - SMALL TOWN TV!

MNNHFLTX
05-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Not quite sure what part you are talking about. Snow White was the daughter of the king who wanted to marry Regina (Evil Queen) to thank her for saving Snow White when her horse ran away. Regina didn't want to marry him because she was in love with Daniel, the stable boy. Snow White overheard Regina and Daniel talking and was upset. Regina tried to explain to Snow White that she loved Daniel and couldn't marry her father (the King), and that she and Daniel were going to go away together. Snow White let the plan slip to Regina's mother (who was even more evil than her), who killed Daniel. So that's why Regina hated Snow White--in a nutshell anyway.

We have a thread going on about this show in the TV and Movies Forum if you want to follow along:

ABC's Once Upon a Time (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=186857&page=4)

AgentC
05-07-2012, 08:16 PM
So has everybody watched yet? As usual loved the Fairy Tale land story and I'm really glad the Storybrooke story is finally moving.

Other thoughts -
Poor Pinocchio.
Really wondering now where the Mad Hatter was when he fell out the window.
Where do you think Gold wants to go?

Overall I really liked it even though I knew how the episode was going to end.

SBETigg
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I've missed a few episodes here and there, so probably missed a few things that tie it all together well, but I did like last night's episode-- saw that end coming. Emma and her son are Fairy Tale outsiders, right? They won't have a corresponding fairy story, I think?

DizneyFreak2002
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I've missed a few episodes here and there, so probably missed a few things that tie it all together well, but I did like last night's episode-- saw that end coming. Emma and her son are Fairy Tale outsiders, right? They won't have a corresponding fairy story, I think?

That's a good question... Emma is Snow White's daughter... But the curse happened before Emma's story could be "written" if I am thinking logically...

PirateLover
05-08-2012, 11:39 PM
I also saw the end coming. But, perhaps it will finally get Emma to start believing. Emma was born in fairy tale world but raised in real world, and Henry was born in the real world. Still, I wonder, unless I am forgetting something from the beginning, how did he start believing that the fairy tale stories were real??

AgentC
05-09-2012, 07:26 AM
I also saw the end coming. But, perhaps it will finally get Emma to start believing. Emma was born in fairy tale world but raised in real world, and Henry was born in the real world. Still, I wonder, unless I am forgetting something from the beginning, how did he start believing that the fairy tale stories were real??

I don't think they ever really explained why Henry believed other than reading the book, but I suppose it makes sense as a child he was more likely to believe the book was true than an adult.

PirateLover
05-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't think they ever really explained why Henry believed other than reading the book, but I suppose it makes sense as a child he was more likely to believe the book was true than an adult.

And Mary Margaret gave him the book, correct? And we don't know where she got it from?
I really feel like I need to go back and re-watch the whole season just to take it all in! Just like LOST... lol

AgentC
05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, Mary Margaret gave him the book. I'm not sure if they never explained where she got it from or if I missed it. Hmm. Guess that is an excuse to buy the DVD. :)

MNNHFLTX
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
That was a good episode. You know, I can understand Emma's not believing in what Henry's told her--subconsciously I was wondering if the whole Storybrooke story line might end up being a hoax. But when Henry collapsed at the end, I was like--whoa! Now Emma has to believe!

Looking forward to the finale. :)

Katzateer
05-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I really feel like I need to go back and re-watch the whole season just to take it all in! Just like LOST... lol

I agree!

AgentC
05-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Once Upon a Time was officially renewed yesterday. :yay:

Sylvia
05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Last night was the season finale.. What do you all think?? I think this is how a season finale should be... Had a bit of everything... And it leaves you with a cliff hanger... I am already looking forward to Season 2...

TinkerbellT421
05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
That season Finale was awesome! I absolutely loved it! Accept now I have to wait until the next season!!! lol. It tied up all the loose ends from throughout the seasons, started hinting at some minor things for how Season Two will start. I was not disappointed in the least! And I have to admit, I had tears in my eyes when I thought Henry was really dead. I'm such a sap for tv shows!

AgentC
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I loved it too except now I have to wait all summer to see season 2.;)

I think they did a great job weaving all the story lines together. The scene between Emma and Regina was great. I was pretty sure how the Henry story line was going to end but for a few moments I thought I might be wrong.

Awesome cliffhanger. As much as I love the show I had doubts for what they could next season. They have opened up a lot of great possibilities. Can't wait.:thumbsup:

sgdisney
05-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Loved it too. Did anyone catch the lock on the cell when Charming broke out? Looked like the Hidden Mickey lock from POC! Love how they throw things like that in.

DizneyFreak2002
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
What I liked was they added a twist to "true love's kiss"... In every fairytale, true loves kiss was always between a prince and the female who would become the princess... Here, it was Mother and child, proving Emma truly loved her son, and thus sort of kicking Regina in the rear showing she may not have loved Henry, but was only using him... I think this made Regina even more evil than her own actions...

bleukarma
05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I was wondering how they would end season 1 and leave it open for season 2. I think they did a great job! I admit...I will probably buy the dvd's when they come out. Funny, I think the last show I wanted to do that for was Lost.

So, I guess Emile de Raven is really joining the cast now. Belle is broke out and with Rumplestiltskin so she has to come back for season 2.

I guess the Mad Hatter finally got his daughter. :)

I thought it was funny when Emma threw down the sword and started shooting at the dragon!

Melanie
05-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought it was funny when Emma threw down the sword and started shooting at the dragon!

Me too! She still wasn't quite in 'fairy tale' mode yet. ;)

AgentC
08-09-2012, 10:45 AM
They released the premiere date for Once Upon a Time about a week ago. It is starting back up on Sept 30th.

Here's a little blurb from TV Guide on what is in store for the new season.

What's Next: Now that everyone remembers who they are, Season 2 will focus on redemption. (And yes, the question of why the fairy tale characters weren't transported back to fairy tale land will also be addressed.) The Charming family reunion will happen early in the season and we'll even learn the identity of Henry's birth father! Captain Hook, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip, Sir Lancelot, and Mulan are among the new characters popping up this season, while Maleficent, Bae and Sheriff Graham may also return.

I can't wait to see what is going to happen. I am especially looking forward to the Captain Hook episode.

TinkerbellT421
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I saw an interview with Ginnifer Goodwin regarding her character as Mary Magaret and she hinted to the fact that she plays a "stronger" part this season. Which I interpret her to start to fall more into her Snow White emotional/physical strength than last season with the wimpy Mary Margaret persona. Which I am excited about because I started to get a little annoyed with the whole weakness aspect she was playing as that role versus the strong character of Snow White.

I am also curious to see if we find out with Emma. I want to see how her character develops and meshes with the "fairy tale" aspect.

Melanie
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I saw an interview with Ginnifer Goodwin regarding her character as Mary Magaret and she hinted to the fact that she plays a "stronger" part this season. Which I interpret her to start to fall more into her Snow White emotional/physical strength than last season with the wimpy Mary Margaret persona. Which I am excited about because I started to get a little annoyed with the whole weakness aspect she was playing as that role versus the strong character of Snow White.

Goodness, I hope this includes Charming/David as well. David is such a wimp.

It will be interesting how new characters into Storybrooke will work now. Will everyone be like Henry was last season guessing who the character is? ;) I bet when the Asian girl comes rolling into town, it won't be hard to figure out. lol!

I cannot wait for the new season. It's been such a busy, crazy summer for me, it just occurred to me last night that 'hey, it's August. Almost time for fall TV!" :yay:

TinkerbellT421
08-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Goodness, I hope this includes Charming/David as well. David is such a wimp.

It will be interesting how new characters into Storybrooke will work now. Will everyone be like Henry was last season guessing who the character is? ;) I bet when the Asian girl comes rolling into town, it won't be hard to figure out. lol!

I cannot wait for the new season. It's been such a busy, crazy summer for me, it just occurred to me last night that 'hey, it's August. Almost time for fall TV!" :yay:

I really hope in includes Prince Charming too!!! She did mention that you see "a lot" more Snow White/Prince Charming this season, but it wasn't really clear because I am sure she cannot release too many details. There is actually a "sneek peek" preview of the Captain Hook episode if you google it it was released during Comic Con. I am getting to watch it now, and you can also google the interview with Ginnifer where she talks about this uppcoming season, interested to see how anyone else may interpret her "hints" to this season.

I am DIEING for my Fall TV!!! :yay::high5::clappy:

BTW, I saw a commercial that Grimm starts up next Monday. I am going to find out for sure and then start a new thread for people to talk about it, that's another one of my favs!

AgentC
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I really hope in includes Prince Charming too!!! She did mention that you see "a lot" more Snow White/Prince Charming this season, but it wasn't really clear because I am sure she cannot release too many details.

I read an interview with the creators. They said in season 2 all the characters remember who they are but they are not going to pretend like the past 28 years didn't happen. So Snow will remember what a wimp she was as MM. Charming will remember what he did as David and they will have to deal with it.

I also heard that Belle will now be a regular on the series.

IamBelle
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I cannot wait!!! The story line of Rumple and Belle is my favorite!!

bleukarma
08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm looking forward to finding out who Henry's father is. I wonder how that will work out with the story line.
Season 1 is coming out in dvd soon! Can't wait!!

MNNHFLTX
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
So looking forward to Season 2 also! However, I will say (again) that I hope the show doesn't become too Disney-fied, mainly by producing characters as they relate to the Disney animated movies--that would just be too gimmicky. Personally I don't see how Mulan fits into the fairy tale theme--her story was based on folklore, much like Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed.

AgentC
09-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Time to bump this thread up. Who is going to be watching Sunday night?

tinkwest
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Me! :hi:

TinkerbellT421
09-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Me!! :party:

Katzateer
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Time to bump this thread up. Who is going to be watching Sunday night?

Me too!!!!:cloud9::thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I will be watching... But, now I am torn... I just remembered, the Giants play Sunday night... Agh, decisions decisions.. LOL...

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-27-2012, 11:26 AM
We cant wait!
From what I can see in the clips we are going to have Hook, which is awesome. And perhpas Maleficent isnt dead? Did anyone else get that from the preview clips? I hope not, she is my fav villian.

AgentC
09-27-2012, 11:59 AM
I will be watching... But, now I am torn... I just remembered, the Giants play Sunday night... Agh, decisions decisions.. LOL...

That's why DVRs were invented. :D

We cant wait!
From what I can see in the clips we are going to have Hook, which is awesome. And perhpas Maleficent isnt dead? Did anyone else get that from the preview clips? I hope not, she is my fav villian.

Hook is supposed to be in episode 5. I haven't seen any rumors yet about Maleficent. I am really wondering about August. Hope we find out right away if magic coming back saved him. I've also heard we will find out who Henry's father is at some point during the season.

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2012, 01:38 PM
That's why DVRs were invented. :D
Exactly. There are three shows on at 7pm on Sunday that I want to watch--Once Upon a Time, Amazing Race and Call the Midwife (on PBS). Thank goodness for DVR's!

I'm so looking forward to the new season of Once Upon a Time. I think the tone of it will be quite different, now that everyone knows who they really are.

Aurora
09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm so enjoying TV again after many years of not giving a hoot. (The only shows we watched in the last 10 years regularly were The West Wing and Lost. :rolleyes:)

Now on my regularly watched list is The Middle, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and Downton Abbey.

Going to catch Last Resor tonight too. Hmmm, almost all of these shows are from ABC. Coincidence?

Really looking forward to Once Upon a Time on Sunday, although the cliffhangers each episode I know are going to drive me :crazy:.

DizneyFreak2002
09-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Mulan, Aurora... and a dementor from Harry Potter... I mean a wraith... Interesting start to season 2... Opinions?

SBETigg
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Mulan, Aurora... and a dementor from Harry Potter... I mean a wraith... Interesting start to season 2... Opinions?

They kind of jumped the shark for me last night. I think I'm out. I was hoping for a much stronger plot progression and it just got really ridiculous for me.

CMCTxMom
10-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Okay, I enjoyed the addition of Mulan, but yeah, the Dementor??? What??? We'll see what happens next week. I'm definately still watching, but I'm hoping that "thing" goes away. Meh.

AgentC
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM

I think it was uneven kind of like the first episode last year because it was setting up where it was going. I'll comment more tomorrow or later. Don't want to say too much about the episode for those who may not have watched it yet.

It is funny that J.K. Rowling has become so steeped in culture that everyone instantly associated the wraith with a dementors. There were quite a few mentions of that on my Twitter and Facebook feeds.

Wraiths (and the image of the wraith as a evil dead creature in robes) comes from Scottish folklore. I think if they had know how much it was going to be identified with Harry Potter, they would have chosen another way to portray the wraith or maybe chosen a different myth to use.

SBETigg
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Wraiths (and the image of the wraith as a evil dead creature in robes) comes from Scottish folklore. I think if they had know how much it was going to be identified with Harry Potter, they would have chosen another way to portray the wraith or maybe chosen a different myth to use.

Yes,wraiths go back in history and even the Harry Potter dementor/wraiths weren't very unique in execution (in my opinion). But the way they used them with the face-blurring effect was definitely in keeping with the Potter portrayal and I felt they could have been a tad more unique with it, considering. The visual representation of the wraith, in keeping with the legend. But the special soul-sucking effect they chose to use with the wraith is what gave it the extra rip-off of Harry Potter feel that kept the internet abuzz.

But all that aside, it wasn't my problem with the show. My problem is that they're walking a fine line between manipulating their own fairy tale characters/storylines in a cool way to add an extra dimension to the presentations and actually bastardizing their own stories to a detrimental effect.

It all seems too convenient suddenly, like the story should have wrapped up but the show needs to keep on going in ways that no longer make sense but suit the show creators to keep milking it along. It's not great writing. And the same thing happened with Lost, for me. So, I'm feeling lost and disenchanted with Once Upon a Time.

AgentC
10-01-2012, 10:54 AM
It all seems too convenient suddenly, like the story should have wrapped up but the show needs to keep on going in ways that no longer make sense but suit the show creators to keep milking it along. It's not great writing. And the same thing happened with Lost, for me. So, I'm feeling lost and disenchanted with Once Upon a Time.

I didn't want to quote your whole post and make this long too long :) , but on the wraith thing, I guess image sparked more of a feel for me than the soul-sucking effect just because there are pre HP things. I had seen with something similar. It is always interesting to see how things strike people differently.

I totally understand where you are coming from on the story. According to the writers/producers, they always intended to break the curse the first season. They are really interested in exploring the different sides of the characters and I could see how that won't work for everyone. I did find the "hey, the curse is broken" bits to be a bit clunky.

SBETigg
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from on the story. According to the writers/producers, they always intended to break the curse the first season. They are really interested in exploring the different sides of the characters and I could see how that won't work for everyone. I did find the "hey, the curse is broken" bits to be a bit clunky.

They did say that, about the curse ending early. I would feel more invested if I felt less manipulated, and that the writers actually had a direction and weren't just throwing things out as they go along. As it is, my faith as a viewer has been shaken a few times now and I'm not seeing a story continuity/consistency that will work as the plot moves along. Maybe I'll give it another week.

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Guess I might be in the minority that loved it.

But, I have no idea about the folk lore aspect of Wraith, and I also have never read or seen anything in regards to Harry Potter so I obviously didn't see the connection.

But, all in all, I loved it. I'm interested to see what happens with how the show closed off. I don't want to be specific just yet as to not give away any spoilers. So I will comment again later in the week. :D

DizneyFreak2002
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Let us not forget, they used brooms lit on fire to keep the wraith at bay... To me, that screamed Potter... Of course, along with the face blurring soul sucking...

sonamae80
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Where in the world have I been?! This show is awesome!!! I watched the "catch-up" review before the new season started and was instantly hooked! Why have I not watched this yet?! LOL! It is on the DVR record list now, though! ;)

DizneyFreak2002
10-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Where in the world have I been?! This show is awesome!!! I watched the "catch-up" review before the new season started and was instantly hooked! Why have I not watched this yet?! LOL! It is on the DVR record list now, though! ;)

You didn't see any of season 1? Netflix has it streaming now...

sonamae80
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
You didn't see any of season 1? Netflix has it streaming now...

No! A bunch of my friends kept telling me to watch it, but for some reason, I never did! I'm kicking myself for it now! I'll probably try to watch all of last season so I don't miss anything! ;)

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
No! A bunch of my friends kept telling me to watch it, but for some reason, I never did! I'm kicking myself for it now! I'll probably try to watch all of last season so I don't miss anything! ;)

There are a TON of details in the first season that you should definitely see before continuing to watch season 2! But that's in my opinion! I think there are a lot of details that you might miss or not quite understand completely. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
What other characters do you think they will introduce this season? We already say Phillip, Aurora, and Mulan in episode 1. Hook and Lancelot are scheduled to appear... Who else can be introduced, even if for just 1 episode?

Melanie
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh geez, I CANNOT take the girl playing Mulan seriously after only ever seeing her on probably the last season of Real World I watched. She's a terrible actress too!

I liked last night's episode as well. But I also don't have complete faith in the writers knowing how they botched Lost. What a horrible, horrible wrap up.

Aurora
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't see how you couldn't help but compare the wraiths to how they were used in HP. But if no movies were made of the books, it probably would have been less of a similarity. They also reminded me of the ones in the movie "Ghost," especially the sound effects.

I liked the episode, especially (SPOILER ALERT):

When Snow and Emma went into the hat and Charming didn't make it, leaving Henry with (Grandpa) Charming against the Queen. Charming's face plant was pretty funny.

I also liked Emma's internal conflict in knowing that Snow and Charming are her parents.

Yeah, the episode was a set-up for upcoming storylines, and I hope they flesh out Rumplestiltskin and Belle a little more, but I liked the change of direction.

AgentC
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh geez, I CANNOT take the girl playing Mulan seriously after only ever seeing her on probably the last season of Real World I watched. She's a terrible actress too!

I liked last night's episode as well. But I also don't have complete faith in the writers knowing how they botched Lost. What a horrible, horrible wrap up.

I didn't know that she had been on Real World. I must have already given up on that show by then.

I was never a big Lost fan so I think I am more willing to given them them the benefit of the doubt. Lost actually lost me pretty early because the story didn't progress enough for me. I don't think I lasted the first season.

I don't see how you couldn't help but compare the wraiths to how they were used in HP. But if no movies were made of the books, it probably would have been less of a similarity. They also reminded me of the ones in the movie "Ghost," especially the sound effects.

I liked the episode . . .

Yeah, the episode was a set-up for upcoming storylines, and I hope they flesh out Rumplestiltskin and Belle a little more, but I liked the change of direction.

I've read the HP books way more than I saw the movies so I think the scene doesn't resonate with me. Strangely enough I saw a comment today that the wraith was a rip off from The Lord of the Rings movies too??

Overall I liked the episode. I have a few small quibbles but nothing major.

MNNHFLTX
10-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I was quite skeptical going into the new season, but last night's episode has me intrigued, believe it or not. I think the show deserves more time to define its course.

One weak link, IMO, is the inclusion of Mulan. She doesn't belong in the story, at least not now. And oh yeah, the wraith was definitely Harry Potterish.

PirateLover
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure how I feel yet. So far I'm not digging the new characters. Sleeping Beauty seems..off.. Prince Phillip doesn't seem "Princely" enough if you know what I mean, and Mulan just seems ill-placed. I definitely agree the wraith is straight out of Harry Potter. Also, the age difference (Or lack there of) between Snow White/Prince Charming and Emma...it didn't really bother me last year but now that everyone knows who everyone is it seems very weird! Lastly, one thing I'm glad about is the characters have their old personalities back along with their identities. The wishy-washy personalities started to get on my nerves last season.

SBETigg
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
But isn't it weird how they all kind of took it in stride? I would have a little more shock going on if I found out I was Snow White, for example. They got over the identity shift all too easily, for me.

AgentC
10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
But isn't it weird how they all kind of took it in stride? I would have a little more shock going on if I found out I was Snow White, for example. They got over the identity shift all too easily, for me.

I was okay with that. For me it made sense that the only reason they did know who they were was the curse, so when the curse was broken, they had all those memories back. So it's not really MM learning she is Snow, but Snow coming back to full consciousness. I think since the fairy tale characters came from a land of magic, it would be easier for them.

Emma is a different story. I think it would be harder for her, but then again she had a lot of episodes of not believing last year.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I have to say, I loved how they made Rumplestiltskin into the Croc that took Hooks hand.
1. Hook called him a Crocodile.
2. He was wearing a crocodile skin vest.
3. At one point he said "Tick Tock Tick Tock" which of course the crocodile is supposed to have a clock in him which frightens Hook.

Im still not sure about this second season yet, but I am not giving up on it just yet.

SBETigg
10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm glad I didn't give up. This got better for me. I like the addition of Hook. Do you think Pan will be Rumplestiltskin's son?

AgentC
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I have to say, I loved how they made Rumplestiltskin into the Croc that took Hooks hand.
1. Hook called him a Crocodile.
2. He was wearing a crocodile skin vest.
3. At one point he said "Tick Tock Tick Tock" which of course the crocodile is supposed to have a clock in him which frightens Hook.

Im still not sure about this second season yet, but I am not giving up on it just yet.

I am liking this season.It started to hit stride for me with the last episode. Croc idea was great. I really like how they ties things together.

I'm glad I didn't give up. This got better for me. I like the addition of Hook. Do you think Pan will be Rumplestiltskin's son?

Glad you are liking it more. I think Bae being Pan is a good theory. I was reading an interview with the creators and they said Rumple is 300 years old. They are going to need some explanation for why Bae is still alive and young.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Oh that would tie it in very nicely. The Croc and Peter always seemed to be allied, at least to me, in the Disney classic.

But if they are going to have Peter, that begs the question of who/where is Wendy. Will she be of the real world or from a storybook version of London. Will she be a young teen girl or an older lady.

Cant wait to find out.

PirateLover
10-22-2012, 08:12 PM
This week's episode really brought me back on board. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Sherri, I love the theory of Bae being Peter Pan. A boy on his own, no mother or father...It almost fits TOO perfectly for them not to use it.:thumbsup:

Aurora
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I could look at Hook all day. :yes:

Wonder how that conflict's going to go with him and Emma.

SBETigg
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I could look at Hook all day. :yes:

Wonder how that conflict's going to go with him and Emma.

Yes, I'm a Hook fan, too. Another good episode. They have me... hooked. :blush:

AgentC
11-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, I'm a Hook fan, too. Another good episode. They have me... hooked. :blush:

:D I am really enjoy Hook too. I'm am really looking forward to next week's episode with Ruby.

Melanie
11-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I like Hook too, and boy, what a trio of men Emma has right now. Only one I don't like is Henry's father. :unsure:

Aurora
11-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I like Hook too, and boy, what a trio of men Emma has right now. Only one I don't like is Henry's father. :unsure:

Yeah, he's pretty creepy. :scared:

AgentC
11-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Me too.

I was listening to a podcast by the creators of the show. They were talking about what a great relationship he and Emma had and what a strong character he was. I just didn't see that at all. Maybe I need to watch it again.

mariak
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Me too.

I was listening to a podcast by the creators of the show. They were talking about what a great relationship he and Emma had and what a strong character he was. I just didn't see that at all. Maybe I need to watch it again.

I TOTALLY agree! He just seemed kind of blah... I was really hoping that, maybe, there was some other story that we haven't seen yet and one of the hot, cool guys is Henry's father. I'm bummed! :(

Maria

Aurora
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Me too.

What? I kept waiting for him to double-cross her, cause I felt like that was how he was played. Plus, even though it was supposed to be some big sacrifice he made, she still went to jail.

So, since he made his decision based on what was in the box, are we supposed to know what was in there, or was that for future episodes? Some times I have a hard time keeping track.

AgentC
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
So, since he made his decision based on what was in the box, are we supposed to know what was in there, or was that for future episodes? Some times I have a hard time keeping track.

They said we will find out what is in the box but not for several episodes. It's an interesting podcast. They do it once a week the day after the show. Sometimes they talk about things I've totally missed. Like Gold did not remember who he was until Emma came to town. I totally missed that.

Aurora
11-09-2012, 11:37 PM
They said we will find out what is in the box but not for several episodes. It's an interesting podcast. They do it once a week the day after the show. Sometimes they talk about things I've totally missed. Like Gold did not remember who he was until Emma came to town. I totally missed that.

OH! I didn't know that! I just figured they revealed it to the audience and Regina; I didn't realize he himself didn't know who he was.

DisneyLandMomma
11-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm ready for Snow and Emma to come back now...it's getting a little old with them still being stuck. LOL. I just don't see where they are going with it.

I think I read someone mention maybe Peter Pan would be Gold's son but my daughter had a idea what if maybe Henry's dad was his son....hmmm?

mariak
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I think I read someone mention maybe Peter Pan would be Gold's son but my daughter had a idea what if maybe Henry's dad was his son....hmmm?

That's what my DDs and I were thinking as well. We were very disappointed in who we're being led to believe is Henry's father. I'm still holding out for a twist that would make his father someone else....someone interesting and hot like Hook or August (especially since August got sent to the real world with Emma). It will be interesting if Bae does turn out to be Henry's father....and Mr. Gold, his grandfather!Two weeks until the next episode! :crying:

Maria

AgentC
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Starting to think it is very dangerous to be a cute guy in Storybrooke or the Enchanted Forest!:skull:

Aurora
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Phew! Finally got all caught up thanks to OnDemand. :D

Thought the acting this week was very good, and I loved the twists. (Won't say in case others need to catch up.) But I need more Hook. More, more, more!! ;)

Only ONE episode left before the winter hiatus? UGH!!!

DizneyFreak2002
11-28-2012, 11:26 AM
I found it interesting that they went with zombies this week without really calling them or making them look like zombies... Gotta keep up with what is popular.. So we had a Harry potter dementor and zombies.. Where are the vampires?????????

AgentC
11-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I found it interesting that they went with zombies this week without really calling them or making them look like zombies... Gotta keep up with what is popular.. So we had a Harry potter dementor and zombies.. Where are the vampires?????????

:funny: We have had Dr. Frankenstein too. Could Dracula be far behind?

DizneyFreak2002
11-28-2012, 05:17 PM
:funny: We have had Dr. Frankenstein too. Could Dracula be far behind?

Wolfman, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon... Honestly, with the writing of this show, I'd be very interested to see if they could pull that off...

Aurora
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
So what did you all think about the "finale" before the winter hiatus? I have to watch it all again because I was confused about some parts. But what I didn't like ....

SPOILERS...

was the foreshadowing of Regina becoming evil again, but I suppose that was inevitable.

What I loved was the idea of Rumplestiltskin being the grand architect and the hint that Emma might have some power.

Also loved the swordfight between Emma and Hook. Could something please happen between the two of them?

And, oooooo, I can't wait to see what happens when Hook and Cora arrive in Storybrook!

AgentC
12-04-2012, 11:21 PM
So what did you all think about the "finale" before the winter hiatus? I have to watch it all again because I was confused about some parts. But what I didn't like ....

SPOILERS...

was the foreshadowing of Regina becoming evil again, but I suppose that was inevitable.

What I loved was the idea of Rumplestiltskin being the grand architect and the hint that Emma might have some power.

Also loved the swordfight between Emma and Hook. Could something please happen between the two of them?

And, oooooo, I can't wait to see what happens when Hook and Cora arrive in Storybrook!

I watched it really late so I may watch it again to see if I missed anything.

I'm not sure which way they are going to go with Regina. I could definitely see where she could be swayed back to evil but I'd like to see her truly reform.

I love Rumpelstiltskin and it is fascinating to see little by little how he manipulated everything. A face off between him and Hook will be very interesting especially since they are both characters I want to keep around.

I also like that they wrapped up so many small plot points.

I was surprised that there wasn't more of a cliffhanger. I don't think it is a surprise that Cora & Hook would find a way to Storybrooke.

What does everyone think of the Aurora/ Mulan story line? I'd kind of like to see them go away but I think we might see part of their quest to save Phillip.

Melanie
12-05-2012, 06:36 AM
What does everyone think of the Aurora/ Mulan story line? I'd kind of like to see them go away but I think we might see part of their quest to save Phillip.

I'm with you in wanting to see their story end, mainly because I think they are both horrible in their parts. Again, I loved the actress playing Aurora in The Tudors, but she does nothing for me here.

I too am glad they wrapped many things up, like Emma and Snow getting back to Storybrooke, true love's kiss waking Charming, etc. And Emma's power - whoa! :thumbsup:

I don't know who I hate more - Cora or Regina. I do like when they focus their evil intentions on each other though. That keeps the good guys out of the way at least temporarily.

AgentC
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
And Emma's power - whoa! :thumbsup:

I don't know who I hate more - Cora or Regina. I do like when they focus their evil intentions on each other though. That keeps the good guys out of the way at least temporarily.

I loved Emma's power. She is starting to be a much stronger character for me.

Right now I hate Cora more.I suppose that could change once I know her backstory. I have more sympathy for Regina since I know how she was manipulated by Gold and Cora plus she is trying to be better. But she was swayed pretty easily.

MNNHFLTX
12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Right now I hate Cora more.I suppose that could change once I know her backstory. I have more sympathy for Regina since I know how she was manipulated by Gold and Cora plus she is trying to be better. But she was swayed pretty easily.I agree. I've always felt a smidgen of sympathy for Regina, because of what happened to Daniel and how she cares for Henry. But she is obviously her mother's daughter at times. I feel the same about Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin. Sometimes he just makes my skin crawl and then other times you see a glimpse of his former kinder self. I wonder how they will play out their characters.

ftwildernesskid
12-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I love this show. One of the things that I think is great is that the villians have good sides. I think that makes the story more true to life and less cartoonish. The characters, especially the villians, are more complex than just being all bad. I actually think that Regina is one of the most interesting chaeactera right now as she tries to balance her good and evil sides. I can't wait to see what happens next! I do have to agree with some of you about Milan and Aurora, though. I just cant get imto their story line.

MNNHFLTX
12-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I love this show. One of the things that I think is great is that the villians have good sides. I think that makes the story more true to life and less cartoonish. The characters, especially the villians, are more complex than just being all bad.
I totally agree, except for Cora. They have not presented any redeeming quality in her character to date.

Aurora
12-11-2012, 10:37 AM
So if they reveal Cora's backstory, will we meet HER mother? And will she be even MORE evil? And so on and so on, until we finally meet the ultimate evil mother.......
The Chernabog in Fantasia!!

:marg:

AgentC
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I totally agree, except for Cora. They have not presented any redeeming quality in her character to date.

Let me try. Umm, she didn't kill her daughter? That's pretty much all I've got. :D

MNNHFLTX
12-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Let me try. Umm, she didn't kill her daughter? That's pretty much all I've got. :D

Yes, she deserves Mother of the Year for that! ;)

Melanie
12-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Just saw that Rose McGowan has signed on to play a young Cora. So now we get her backstory, and hopefully get to see how and why she became so evil.

Aurora
12-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Just saw that Rose McGowan has signed on to play a young Cora. So now we get her backstory, and hopefully get to see how and why she became so evil.

Like I said, Chernabog. :thedolls:

AgentC
02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Any Once Upon A Time peeps left out there or has everyone but me moved on?

Katzateer
02-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Still watching but like Lost - am not sure if it will hold my interest.

AgentC
02-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Still watching but like Lost - am not sure if it will hold my interest.

I didn't watch Lost pass the first season. I like this much better but it might be because I really love fairy tales and seeing the twists they put on the tales.

tinkwest
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Any Once Upon A Time peeps left out there or has everyone but me moved on?

DD and I still watch but it does not bring the excitement it once did. Personally i think they should have stretched out the story from season one (Storybrooke residents unaware of their true identities) for a bit longer. I found it more interesting then.

PirateLover
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
We are still watching, but I agree that something has been a bit lacking. I'm not really compelled by any of the current plot lines.

AgentC
02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I still really like it but I think the problem is monster of the week (or I guess fairy tale of the week) syndrome.

I might be dating myself but I am a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer. During the season they would have episodes that carried the through plot line against the big bad and then they would have monster of the week episodes where they battled an unrelated monster.

I think they have been using too many of these to draw out the story and picking ones that are two minor. They had a good episode with Rumple and Belle ending on a high note with her losing her memory but followed it with an episode about Dr. Frankenstein's story and now this week , the giants. Not bad stories but not really compelling stories.

I think they've also had a hard time on focusing on what is the goal this year. Last year was easy- break the curse. But this year? Find Rumple's son? Go back to the Enchanted Forest. Beat Cora?

I think it really should be beat Cora but again there are too many episodes between that storyline.

I hope the second half of the season has less throw away episodes. I'd rather have fewer episodes if they didn't fill so much.

tinkwest
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
DD was commenting on this same type of idea. She was hoping that next week they just concentrate on Rumpelstiltskin's story without interference. At times it feels as if we are losing sight of the important story lines because we are sidetracked so often.

Katzateer
02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I love the fact that Ginnifer Goodwin always wanted to be a Disney princess and is a big Disney fan!

PirateLover
02-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Monster-of-the week syndrome. Perhaps they ran out of ideas and need to stretch out the main plot? I was very invested in Rumple finding his son at the beginning but it's become so sidetracked that by the time they set out I just didn't care as much. Also I really dislike Belle's memory loss plot line. And where was Cora in the last episode? There was a scene with Regina, I think she was talking to hook, I fully expected it to actually be Cora but it wasn't. So what's she up to? They are really letting the strings unravel and the plot is getting messy.

Melanie
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Just finished watching the past two episodes, and while I agree with the monster thing, I really enjoyed this past Sunday's episode. Wow! And while that guy playing Bae didn't appeal to me when he was initially with Emma, something about him the other night was very intriguing. I like him.

Surely Rumple won't kill Henry. There's got to be another way to interpret what the 'seer' said.

MNNHFLTX
03-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Very interesting to see Downton Abbey's Mrs. Patmore on the show, but sad to see the outcome. :(. Cora is so evil!

AgentC
03-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Just finished watching the past two episodes, and while I agree with the monster thing, I really enjoyed this past Sunday's episode. Wow! And while that guy playing Bae didn't appeal to me when he was initially with Emma, something about him the other night was very intriguing. I like him.

Surely Rumple won't kill Henry. There's got to be another way to interpret what the 'seer' said.

I liked the last episode as well. I really liked tonight's episode too. And I agree on Bae. I was totally prepared to dislike him but I'm finding him to be pretty cool and and really interested in his story.

I saw a quote from the producers that "undoing" isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think maybe Henry is Rumple's second chance to make a better decision that he did with Bae.

Very interesting to see Downton Abbey's Mrs. Patmore on the show, but sad to see the outcome. :(. Cora is so evil!

It did seem weird she is so Mrs.Patmore in my eyes. :)

And Cora wow. Too early for spoilers but I did not see that coming. I think next week's episode (or the one after) is going to have more of her and Rumple's back story. Should be interesting.

Elias1901
03-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Cora is so evil!

And how! My jaw literally hit the floor when that certain shocking double-crossing moment came into play. And I found myself feeling saddened after it... but I am on the edge of my seat still. The storyline's speed seems to be picking up again.

Melanie
03-04-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm feeling a bit discouraged like I did last season when Regina just kept winning. And now it's Cora and Regina. Hopefully when the others get back from NY, things will pick up.

MNNHFLTX
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm feeling a bit discouraged like I did last season when Regina just kept winning. And now it's Cora and Regina. Hopefully when the others get back from NY, things will pick up.That's the nature of fairy tales--it always looks like evil is going to win, but then good comes through in the end (or in the season finale, as it may be). ;)

Seriously, I know what you mean. I'm just so tired of Cora and wicked ways being everywhere you turn on this show. Give us a break from her (and Regina) for a week or two.

Elias1901
03-05-2013, 01:16 AM
That's the nature of fairy tales--it always looks like evil is going to win, but then good comes through in the end (or in the season finale, as it may be). ;)

Seriously, I know what you mean. I'm just so tired of Cora and wicked ways being everywhere you turn on this show. Give us a break from her (and Regina) for a week or two.

I too am one to get annoyed by this. ESPECIALLY Cora. She is just *so* manipulative that it sickens me... :ack:

Melanie
03-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I too am one to get annoyed by this. ESPECIALLY Cora. She is just *so* manipulative that it sickens me... :ack:

I think we've talked about this before with Regina and Mr. Gold. We had sympathy for them (maybe just a bit for Regina) knowing that what they were doing was for the love of another. Cora is just pure evil. Pure.

PirateLover
03-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I am also tired of Cora and Regina winning. And come on. Mary Margaret now knows she's Snow White, but why is it that she can only kick booty in fairy tale land? Fairy Tale Snow and Charming should know they can never trust those two.

Elias1901
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Well, I guess to be fair, people only recently found out that Cora had made her way into Storybrooke...

But what I really found unfair was how her and Regina can just teleport/puff in a cloud of smoke here and there or wherever they please. I mean come on, thats a HUGE advantage over everyone else.

Aurora
03-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I may be in the minority, but I was so bothered by the overacting of the girl who plays young Snow, and the fact that Regina was just blindly following Cora, that the whole episode annoyed me. Also, Regina would be good enough to put Johanna's heart back but be OK with Cora blasting her out the window? Eh...

Elias1901
03-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I may be in the minority, but I was so bothered by the overacting of the girl who plays young Snow, and the fact that Regina was just blindly following Cora, that the whole episode annoyed me. Also, Regina would be good enough to put Johanna's heart back but be OK with Cora blasting her out the window? Eh...

Nope, I agree with you here. Young Snow was seemingly quite self-centered and even downright rude. I also agree with you on Regina just following Cora with little-to-no hesitation. I mean, she's just oughta see this plan back-firing sooner or later. Regina is a character that likes to waver, mostly to evil. I blame bad parenting... at least her mother, that is... :crazy:

Melanie
03-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I may be in the minority, but I was so bothered by the overacting of the girl who plays young Snow,

I totally agree with you here. I thought she was wonderful last season when she made her appearance, but maybe I was just struck by how much she resembled Ginnifer Goodwin.

Elias1901
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I totally agree with you here. I thought she was wonderful last season when she made her appearance, but maybe I was just struck by how much she resembled Ginnifer Goodwin.

I know right? From eyes to hair to facial structure. A spitting image of her possible younger self!

tinkwest
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
I think this week's episode was the best in a long time. One that made me anxious to watch the upcoming episode.

Melanie
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Agreed, Linda. Really, really good! I was glad it was Cora who died. Finally, some relief from all that evil, and it was so clever how they pulled it off. Thank goodness Regina wasn't Gold's daughter. Wow, that would have been confusing. ;)

AgentC
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I loved it. Hopefully we are done with the slow episodes and an a roll for the rest of the season.

The writers did a great job with the writing. Robert Carlyle was fabulous as always. I really love the dimensions he brings to Rumple. Barbara Hershey's final scene was great as well. I liked how she switched the emotion on.:thumbsup:

Agreed, Linda. Really, really good! I was glad it was Cora who died. Finally, some relief from all that evil, and it was so clever how they pulled it off. Thank goodness Regina wasn't Gold's daughter. Wow, that would have been confusing. ;)

Too funny Mel. While watching we were discussing that if Regina was Gold's daughter that would make her Henry's adoptive mother and his half aunt. :D Good thing they didn't go that way!

Aurora
03-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I think this week's episode was the best in a long time. One that made me anxious to watch the upcoming episode.

Yes! Loved how Snow suddently lit the candle and said Cora's name, and how she lied to Regina so convincingly. Got a little bad in her! Only now Regina gets to hate her doubly.

I agree about the family relationships -- if Regina was Rumple's daughter I would have had to draw a family tree for future viewing! :D

Elias1901
03-13-2013, 02:12 AM
I was glad it was Cora who died.

This kind of evil being vanquished, calls for a song! Allow me... "Ding-dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch! Ding-dong the wicked witch is dead!" :sing: