PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Think LMA is L-A-M-E???!!!

MrPeetrie
10-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Is it just me? Or do others of you feel Lights. Motors. Action! is jus plain boring and not worth the effort. I've seen it two times and honestly I don't think I'll watch it again. It's very loud. Smells of burnt rubber and fuel. And it's kinda dull, in my opinion. what do you think?

Madame Leona
10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
It's a huge hit in my house but I have 3 & 5 yo boys. Anything with cars and explosions really makes them happy!!!!

Kairi_7378
10-30-2011, 11:10 PM
My husband loves it. Me? Not as much. But it is one of the few things that he insists on doing every trip.

Tink#64
10-30-2011, 11:16 PM
We've done it many times, but I have to be honest, our last 2 trips, it was so hot & humid we all voted that it was one attraction that we could skip! We really do enjoy the action tho! Of course I too have 2 DS's, although they are 14 & 15, they & DH like most guys, enjoy the cars, high speed chases, & explosions! :D :car: :flame: :woohoo:

Stu29573
10-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Saw it once. Don't need to see it again. Heck, didn't really need to see it once...

darthmacho
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
I understand. I haven't seen it. I had the opportunity to see it in 2010, and yet I skipped it. I may watch it in 2012, if I get there.

Ian
10-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Ummm ... in a word? Yes. :D

floridamom
10-31-2011, 08:00 AM
In 5 years of being an AP holder, we've never been. Probably expresses my opinion on it!

Aurora
10-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Saw it for the first time this year and really enjoyed it, and it was my (then) 6-year-old's favorite. He talked about it for months.

Big kids didn't see it, so we'll definitely go again on the next trip.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
I think for young boys, it's probably really cool! :cool: But, we don't feel the need to see it again. We've done it three times now, and it's not a must see any longer. Maybe if they change it up a little bit, refresh it, then we will probably try it again.

Butters
10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
We do it every trip.... Find it entertaining but not a must do. Since there isn't a ton yo do at HS there always seems to be time.

disneymom15
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
We enjoy it, it's not a "must see" for us though.
Now, my father (age 79) loves it. That's one of the attractions he talks about when he says he want to go back. The other ride he loves is R-n-Rc.

brownie
10-31-2011, 10:08 AM
We've only seen it once and I enjoyed it. I don't think it's lame, although that could change after some more viewings.

It wouldn't break my heart if I wasn't able to see it on a trip to Disney World. If I had to choose between Lights, Motors, Action! and say, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, I'd go with the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Burnt rubber, exhaust fumes, explosions, and loud engine noises.....think I'll sit through a NASCAR race instead.

buzznwoodysmom
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Yep, not a winner in our house either. I have two boys. They were 6 and 4 the first (and only) time we ever went to LMA. At that time they loved Cars and Herbie, but still the show was never a "must do again" for them. On every trip I ask if anyone wants to see it again. On every trip I get a round of "NOs" from both of my kids as well as my hubby. I'm sure there are many that love it, but I always thing what a huge waste of space that area of the park is.

Victor Kelly
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is just as old. And yes I would consider both a tad boring. For Indiana, a lot of things have been removed or changed which detracted from the show. LMA is ok, but like Indiana, not a must see.

Mousemates
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Not lame the first time through....but lameness tends to build with subsequent visits.

PopPhan
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Seeing it once was enough...Had to see it because it was there, but will never get that park time back!!

Would much rather see the Backstage Tour expanded and enhanced (plussed!!!)

brivers222
10-31-2011, 01:13 PM
I rank it up there with Animal Kingdom... its an, Ehhh... meaning, if something better comes along, like maybe a craving for a mickey ice cream bar... we skip it :thumbsup:

Scar
10-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Not lame the first time through....but lameness tends to build with subsequent visits.:ditto:

I thought it was great the first time. Not so much the second time. Only seen it one other time since. Definitely only something to see once in a while.

Might be time to change the routine.

diz_girl
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
While I enjoyed it the first time that I saw it, we didn't even visit DHS our next trip, so it isn't a must-see. However, we will be doing DHS on our upcoming trip, and every trip for the next decade, as we've got two young boys, including one infant. I'll be bringing the noise-cancelling earmuffs for both boys.

Disney4us2
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Never had a chance to see it yet.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
It's a huge hit in my house but I have 3 & 5 yo boys. Anything with cars and explosions really makes them happy!!!!

Yeah, if you have young(not too young) DS' they will think it's a blast - no pun intended. :thumbsup: it is loud but well thjought out in the "Disney Way' with a fun story line to keep u interested.

Did i mention it's really loud?!! :mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
DS19-months loved it! Especially because Lightning McQueen made a visit. (Ka-chow!) DD8 needed ear plugs. She disliked it. A lot!!! After attraction, I turned to wife and asked, "Do we watch this attraction again next year?" And she said, "Nah. We've seen it twice. That's enough."

I kind of agree. I don't have a desire to see it again anytime soon. If my son isn't clammoring to view it, we'll skip it. It seems I'm in the minority here though. Maybe I'll re-think in 330 days. (Already counting them down.)

texas211
10-31-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't think its an every visit to WDW ride, but worth going on occasionally.

SandmanGStefani24
11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
I skip it also, but then again I am a race car driver as a second job/expensive habit. Stunt shows are hard to watch for me because I know most of the tricks already and unless I am the one doing them my attention tends to wander.

I figured that non racers would be more interested but I am starting to see that is not the case.

TheVBs
11-01-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh wow, no way! We saw it for the first time on our last trip and we all loved it! We have girls, 7 & 11 who were just blown away by it. I could see it being not as exciting to watch multiple times, because you know what the surprises will be. But I know we'd definitely be happy to watch it again. :mickey:

Melanie
11-01-2011, 07:55 AM
We really enjoyed it the first time we saw it as a family, and have seen it a few times since. Actually, we are looking forward to seeing it again soon since Lightning is now a part of the show.
So no, we don't think it's lame.

Victor Kelly
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I really only appreciate the current stunt shows for the talent displayed. If they wrecked LMA and put in a huge pixar land then that would be totally cool with me.

Zawadi
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Back in 2005 we saw it 3 times within a 14 night stay.

We deliberately sat left, middle and right of the stadium to get the 3 camera angles which I then cut together on our return home.

It was only whilst putting the holiday video together that I truely appreciated the inch perfect skill of those drivers. However I wasn't thinking the same during the third session.

Would we see it again? Not at the top of the to-do list but it might happen in 2012.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't care for it at all:down:

ransam
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
i liked it the first time i saw it. i'd go again if i'm in the area and the show was starting.
when i take my son there i will go see it w/ him. i think if you haven't seen it, it's cool. I like it much better than the Indiana Jones Stunt show.

Disney Doll
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I saw it once just to say I did. It's not for me, but I always attributed that to my lack of interest in cars than the quality of the show.

civilmousefan
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I saw it once and I agree with the OP. I also think the show was very similar to another show at a competing theme park here in Illinois.

Gator
11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Strange enough, I've never seen it in the 3 or 4 trips it's been there. I've never been able to justify the time spent there over other attractions. Maybe next time, I keep saying.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Love the show but my DW would prefer to skip. Maybe it is more of a "guy" thing.

:car::truck::car:

Goes4FastPass
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I like the show and I'm delighted every time WDW considers an attraction that boys can enjoy (though my DW is the stunt driver at our house).

But I would like the DHS folks to be always refreshing live shows like LMA and Indiana Jones... frequently returning guests need love too and switched out stunt or two would keep us guessing.

LauraByTheSea
11-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Saw it once... I'm good. LOL

DisneyMom12
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Saw it once, no need to see it again.

Cinderelley
11-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I agree. Saw it once - won't go back.

Gregandmel
11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Really?? Wow - I'm surprised....my family thought it was great and it's one of those shows we can't wait to see again! And I have 2 boys ages 19 & 10 when we saw it a couple of years ago. Everyone thought it was really cool!

phlo8810
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Been going twice a year for awhile now and have never thought of seeing it. My sons are 6 & 4 so they might force me to one of these days.

clausjo
11-11-2011, 05:50 PM
We've only seen it once, but we all really enjoyed it. We tend to skip HS, but if we were there I think we'd see it again, especially since McQueen is in it now.

ryca1dreams
11-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I've seen it a few times and it is a neat show, but I'm not sure how "Disneyish" it is. It excites, but does little to stir the imagination. Indiana is different to some extent because it's somewhat less instructive and has more storyline.

crltkcagle
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I would love to skip it however, being a mom of three boys and a wife to one action loving husband I don't see that ever happening. I was actually excited when my youngest got sick half way through and I volunteered to take him out of the show. Its a good show but its just so hot in that stadium!