PDA

View Full Version : Snacks/Adult beverages

debandbub
10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Guys!
I love how everyone always pitches in here when we have questions!
I am ridiculously behind in planning the honeymoon, since I've been planning the wedding (yay!), but now we're under two weeks to go! (GULP!)
Can you all toss me some ideas to fit this bill?: we are vegetarians, we enjoy our cocktails (very responsibly I might add), and we don't typically eat a ton of food. We do fine splitting most meals, or go home with leftovers. So- where would you recommend we go for some yummy appetizer or light meal stuff and a few drinks? What would you order? Parks or resorts, we're open to either. We are planning Cali Grill, if we can do that for just apps.
Looking forward to your wise input!
TIA!!:marg:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-31-2011, 08:38 AM
We have found that most counter service meals at the pavilions around World Showcase at Epcot can be split between two people. We've never needed two full meals. And so many places to have a great drink there as well. The margaritas in Mexico are wonderful (if a bit sweet), but my absolute favorite is the Grey Goose Slush in France. Every time we walk past, I get one. They are SO not worth $10, and I just don't care-I do it anyway!

You'll find so many great places to snack at Epcot. The other parks, well, take what you can find and move on. Usually still big enough to split, but in our opinions, not terribly exciting.

Yo Mickey!
11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
agreed with the above -- go to the world showcase. it's fun to have some of the foods in the countries and the local beverages. my wife enjoys strongbow cider in the UK, while i have a guinness. we both really enjoy the grand marnier slushes in france (the grey goose is great too!), it's like a dreamcicle for adults. america has some excellent sam adams beverages right out front, i really enjoy sitting in the biergarten in germany and getting an oktoberfest and just people watching, and the fiesta margarita in mexico is excellent!

there are many other great concoctions all over the world showcase. i happen to be a beer guy so i can't attest to all of them (my wife likes some kind of slush thing at morocco) but the best part of world showcase is just exploring and finding new things!

Mogie
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
you can also check out the restaurants at the Dolphin/Swan. They all have bars, a more adult atmosphere, and range from italian, steak house, seafood, sushi etc. Very cool places close to the boardwalk.

McLiberal8
11-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Hello, fellow vegetarian Intercotee!

My favorite snacks are:

Pop Century:
* Tye Dye Cheesecake

MK:
* Dole Whip
* Mickey Pretzel
* Baked Potato
* Sweet Cream Pretzel
* Cinnamon Toast Popcorn

Epcot:
* Almond Pretzel in Norway
* Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons
* Kaki Gori in Japan
* Sugar Crepe in France
* Cheese Empenada in Mexico
* Karamel Corn in Germany
* Avacado Margherita in Mexico
* Grand Marnier Slushie in France

Studios:
* Carrot Cake Cookie at Writers Stop
* Banana Frozen Cooler

AK: * Fried Rice at Yak and Yeti

My favorite meals include:
* Margharita pizza at Via Napoli
* Garlic penne pasta at Sci Fi Drive In
* Adult grilled cheese at Cptn Cooks
* Chef Mickey's breakfast buffet has TONS of vegetarian options
* Veggie cuban at Sunshine Seasons
* Veggie burger at Cosmic Rays (with fixin's bar)
* Cheese plate at the Patisserie in France

Have a great trip! I love all my veggie options at WDW, and they are So accommodating! It is heaven compared to living in cow country :P