PDA

View Full Version : Have you experienced this with ME?

Checkers
10-30-2011, 04:59 PM
We just returned from a great trip and stayed at one of our "homes" and had a great trip. The CMs we met along the way were very helpful and gracious. We had an 8am flight and ME was scheduled to pick us up at 5:20am which they did only we were the last resort (OKW) to be picked up and the bus was almost full. My DH & I got the last 2 side-by-side seats and there were a few emply seats scattered throughout the bus. When our fellow passengers boarding after us got on there were quite a few who had to stand or sit on the floor where the handicapped area was. Well, when the bus driver saw this he asked if those with children would hold them on their laps to free up seats for these people. I was flabbergasted as I know that ME has to know your flight times, # of passengers, etc., and there should not be overflowing on a bus. My DH & I are senior citizens and I have to tell you if we had not gotten a seat I would have made a scene because I do not expect someone to give up their seat for me especially driving on a highway to the airport. I do want to say that some of the children that the other passengers graciously held on their laps were not small children but older kids. I do plan on sending a letter to guest relations about this because I know ME is a contracted service and in this case ME dropped the ball. I just was curious if others have experienced this. We have used ME many times and this is the only time this has occurred.

Am I being unreasonable? If it was a one time thing, mistakes happen, however if it is not reported ME could do this to try and cut corners by not providing the proper # of buses required to transport passengers.

retiredfigment
10-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I have never seen this happen. Usually the bus is only 1/2 - 3/4 full. I wondered how many guests decided on their own to take an earlier bus. My daughter did this once and on our last trip, a family who was scheduled to be picked up at 4:30 got on the 3:00 bus and no one said anything.

Pirate Granny
10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I can beat that...our ME stopped at the gas station on site for a BEER RUN for three families at 11pm at night...while the rest of us waited 15 minutes in the parking lot. I reported them when we got home (no email access while I was there).

faline
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Once we were a bit early when a Magical Express bus arrived. As we were not overly early, we assumed it was our bus but we were denied boarding as we were told we were not scheduled to be on that bus. We waited just a little bit longer and our bus arrived. I wonder if your bus allowed too many "early" folks to board or if there were even folks on board who were not scheduled to use Magical Express.