PDA

View Full Version : POR questions: Carriage ride & refurbed room

gokatgo
10-30-2011, 02:48 PM
We are checking into POR - Alligator Bayou (family of 5) on Thanksgiving. We have 6:30 ADRs at Boatwrights. We have a reservation for the carriage ride afterward. Has anyone done the carriage before? Is it a nice way to see the property? We will be tired from our flight and I thought this might be a relaxing way to look around a little bit. Please let me know if you have been on the carriage ride at night.

Also - we have a preferred room, they have not been refurbished yet. Is the big difference full vs. queen beds? We all tend to sleep wherever, some on beds, some on floor - so the size of the bed doesn't seem to be an issue for us.

Would we be better off in a refurbished room vs. a preferred room?

Buddy08
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM
We did the carriage ride when we were there in May. It was so much fun, very relaxing and informative. I had always wanted to do it.:mickey:

gokatgo
10-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks! We have done the one at Fort Wilderness and enjoyed it. Glad to have the feedback.

darthmacho
10-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Did the carriage ride around sunset in 2010. It's a nice way to explore both POR and POFQ, and was definitely worth the money. It was an excellent activity for our first night at the resort. :mickey: