PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a stroller add-on "rider board"?

Mammabruski
10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
This coming June I'll be taking my soon to be 5 yo DD and almost 3 yo DD to the World, and I don't really want to haul my double stroller with us to the parks each day... Has anyone tried a "rider board" where you attach a platform to a single stroller, so that it turns the stroller into something like a sit and stand?

I'll probably bring my side-by-side double stroller for the travel portion, since my hubby isn't coming with us this trip, and my mom will probably bring her compact single combi stroller for us to use at the parks for the little one. We figured if my older DD can't handle all the walking we'd bring the double stroller into the parks. I was thinking instead of that option I could purchase one of those "rider boards" and make the combi a sit and stand, so if older DD gets tired, she can catch a ride.

Does anyone have any experience with these rider boards? Any brand suggestions? How hard does it make it in terms of folding strollers for bus travel?

Thanks!

aabshagen
11-07-2011, 06:49 AM
We used one at Disney several years ago. It was not one that our DD could sit on, just stand. Worked great as she did not have to walk all of the time. And occasionally DS and DD would switch as he wanted to stand on it at times as well. Ours was a Kiddie Board. You need to look at the different boards and make sure you get one that fits your stroller as they need specific spots to mount. Ours for example needed the horizontal bar along the bottom of the back to attach to which most umbrella fold up type strollers do not have.

DisnIse
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I actually bought TWO of these over the years. One was for my 4 year old to attach to our twin Graco stroller; and the other was for the one twin to stand while the second twin sat in our jogger.

They are the greatest, especially at Disney. Not only does one child get a "free ride" but they're contained between your arms and are safe in the crowds.

The brand we bought was the Kiddie Board, and they were in One Step Ahead catalogs in the mid 2000's. I do remember struggling to find the second model that we needed (attachments were different for different types of strollers) so I ordered one on Ebay.

Good luck. And believe me, it was a godsend!