PDA

View Full Version : POR vs. renovated rooms at POP

JoDisney
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Which would you choose? POR, I understand is in poor shape, vs. renovated rooms at POP.

darthmacho
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Funny thing that you should mention that. I had almost the same decision to make for next year's trip (which isn't booked yet, but hopefully soon.) Anyway, for me it came down to money. We wanted to stay 14 days, and the only way we could do that was to stay at a value.

However, if money was no object, I'd have chosen POR for the theming and atmosphere. I never cared for the theming of Pop, but a lot of people here convinced me otherwise, and I'm now looking forward to it.

If the renovated room means a lot to you, stay at Pop. :mickey:

bcornette
10-30-2011, 01:08 PM
POR is currently undergoing room refurbs. I was there about 18 months ago and had no complaints with the conditions of my room, but if that is the only reason to consider POP, I'd go with POR.

I will be at POR in 5 weeks and am hoping to be one of the first in a newly renovated room, but won't be disappointed in an older room.

Scott C
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I was at POR last month -- In an un-renovated room. The old rooms are still nice and in good condition. This should not be a concern for you.

Thanks
Scott C

Mousemates
10-31-2011, 02:12 PM
queen beds are a difference maker to us....POR.

JoDisney
10-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Not all of POR is queen beds. Only the few that have be renovated are queen.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-31-2011, 04:18 PM
The above post is generally correct.

Not all of POR has been renovated as of now, but plans are to update the whole resort, and include queen beds instead of the doubles.

Even in a "regular" room, it is more than fine, and we chose POR/POFQ over POP simply for the slightly larger rooms, and the better themed pools with slides. DD loves to swim, so the slide was a BIG part of our decision.

But, POP is more than fine too, so no matter what you choose, enjoy your trip.

Butters
11-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Isn't all of POFQ renovated?

JoDisney
11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
All of POFQ is renovated. POR is in the beginning of renovating.

Hair_Razor
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Same game I was playing. We stayed at POFQ last time and it wasn't available so we considered POR. Went with POP because my daughter will be 8 it's for her birthday and I think she will like the theme better. Also I was not that impressed with the rooms at moderates in comparison. If I have to stay at a "motel" resort I would rather pay less to do it.

tennantsrwe
11-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I think it depends on how you spend your time at the resort. We always stay at the values bc 1) theyre cheaper and really all we ever do is sleep there 2) we like the POP theme better than POR/POFQ & 3) we go in December so pools don't really matter to us. We're from the south so unless its really warm we won't swim. One other thing is we get a preffered room at POP so we are in close proximity to the food court, lobby, pool, etc. Makes it easy to grab a quick bite or snack and catch the buses. Ideally POP would have queen beds but we can survive on doubles for a week =)

Jasper
11-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Our experience has been that old rooms at Disney resorts are typically not bad so I would look at other factors such as what you want to do at the resort, how many people will be in the room, etc.

Cinderelley
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I would choose Pop because I like it better. POR is a very close second. I stayed at POR last year and it was fine. I would choose based on which theming you like best - not renovation schedules.

POR is really beautiful. I enjoyed walking around the resort at night. It reminded me of the Bayou scene in Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean. I also loved seeing the squirrels running around during the day. Definitely could have done without the spiders, but I know they come with all the beautiful greenery.

Crow
11-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Pop is fine w me..esp considering $. But the room can b small for a group. The location of POP is good also. Id much rather stay at POFQ than POR. but the boat to DD is nice.