PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed Verandah Booking?

wildernesslady
10-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I just booked one. The cost was less than an inside stateroom. My confirmation says my cabin will be assigned at a later date. Has anyone done this before? If so, where was your cabin?

Ed
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM
One of my daughters booked one on Dream for this past May on a GTY basis, and about three weeks before departure she was assigned to 8682 - - 8th deck aft, toward starboard side. Her stateroom was HUGE, and the verandah wrapped around - - approximately 8~10 feet wide but 30~40 feet long! It was actually a handicapped-accessible stateroom, so the layout was quite different from a standard verandah room.

Donald_Quackers
10-31-2011, 01:05 AM
I booked GTY on the Magic for my Eastern cruise and got assigned room 7614, starboard side, just past the aft elevators.

It wound up being a great location!

My next cruise is on the Fantasy, got a forward looking oceanview stateroom!

waymickey
11-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Can you just book these in advance say for 2012 or 2013 cruise? And is the price less right from the get go?

Thinking of doing this for a cruise in July 2012 out of NYC can that be done? I would want a verandah room but honestly don't care where it is and if it saves money I would jump on it.

waymickey
11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
One more Question Do you need to call Disney travel agent to do this or is there a way to do it on line?:confused:

wildernesslady
11-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I have been watching the price for this cruise for a little bit. On Sunday, this special offer came up. It was cheaper than an interior room so I decided to book it. I don't think it is offered all the time. I booked it online but you could use an agent also.

Good luck, you might need to keep watching your dates. BTW, my dates are for the end of January so I'm sure with the cruise being 3 months away had something to do with it. I'm hoping it wont be a full ship. My daughter is working on the Dream and would love to have extra time with her is she is available.

waymickey
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Thank you for the information. Are you watching the price on the Disney website itself?

wildernesslady
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes, I was only watching the Disney site. Good luck.