PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Car Rental at the Port

wildernesslady
10-30-2011, 08:36 AM
I got a great deal at Dollar Car Rental to pick up at MCO and return the next day at the Port before our Dream cruise. Has anyone had any experience with them? I have used Budget before and the return was close to the Port. It lists Dollars return to be on Atlantic Ave. How far is it from the Port?

captain j
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
The dollar rental in Cocoa beach is about a mile or so from the port. Dollar has a shuttle to and from the port.
My complaint about Dollar is they sent us out with a mini van with no brake lights or turn signals on the left rear. When I brought it to their attention all they did was change the bulbs...nothing was said about being sorry or anything.

gokatgo
12-10-2011, 08:19 PM
We just used Dollar last Thursday. Once we disembarked (that whole process was super smooth), we did have to wait about 30 minutes for the shuttle to get us, this may have been due to the draw bridge being up for a while. Once we were on the shuttle, it was about a mile to the car rental and that process went smoothly and our car was fine, they actually upgraded us to a minivan. The driver was great with our luggage and we had a lot! Try to be the first one off the shuttle and you will be the first one in line to get your car. Two things: if you are going to be driving around Orlando, get the prepaid toll pass - $6.99 for 24 hours and we don't have to wait to pay in the line at each toll. Also, we didn't do the pre-paid gas option. We found a gas station near the airport but it was over $5.20 per gallon - crazy!! Try to get your gas a couple exits away from the airport! Have fun - we had such a great time on the cruise!