PDA

View Full Version : Akershus - first time review

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Had dinner here on our last trip and since this was a first for us I wanted to do a review. :mickey:

Overall we had a great time, really good food, great service, nice atmosphere and great character interaction.

Atmosphere - not what I was expecting exactly. I'd looked at pictures on the WDW website and had expected it to look more castle-like or grand inside. But, it was a really nice dining area, packed a little too tight though.

Food - great food! My only complaint here was the amount. You get the cold buffet and an entree and either one of those alone would have been enough. The cold buffet had great food and enough new things to try that we felt we were truly getting a new food experience. There was a goat cheese that was to die for! But, I was nearly full after that. For entrees I got the beef tips which were very good, and DH got the Norwegian meatballs which were good, but I liked the beef better. The girls just got kids meals, but DD11 at least tried some of the cold buffet. It would be nice to have the option to do the buffet at a lower price OR the entree.

Service - our server was very friendly and helpful and at our table enough to take care of our needs.

Characters - the girls had their picture taken with Belle, which was included in the price of the meal. Then we had Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel come to the table. They were great! Again, it was kind of cramped while getting pictures, but still fun. At the end they had a princess parade and all the kids could get up and parade around the restaurant with the princesses. Very cute.

Enjoyed it, would do it again, but not necessarily anytime soon.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the review

jillluvsdisney
10-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting. I was very glad to read your review. We are having dinner there next Sunday for my Mom's birthday.

Disney4us2
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the review. We are considering going back there for next October. We haven't been there since 2005.

darthmacho
10-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Excellent review! It seems spot-on with our experience as well, though we had breakfast there. I agree that the restaurant seemed cramped. It probably wasn't designed with character interaction in mind. :mickey:

TinkerBeth21
10-29-2011, 11:04 AM
do you get to choose which princess you have your picture taken with or is it a specific one? and if it's a specific one is it always the same one?

TheVBs
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
do you get to choose which princess you have your picture taken with or is it a specific one? and if it's a specific one is it always the same one?

We didn't get to choose, they had a photo area set up with Belle as we walked in. Don't know if it's always Belle though.