PDA

View Full Version : Cantina

Sunshine1010
10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I read in a post that there was a place that served Guacamole and chips. Is this at the new Tequila bar in Mexico (inside)? If so, do you make reservations....or can you just walk in and get some guac and dip? Also....is that on the dining plan as a snack option?

Thanks in advance

TheRustyScupper
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Guacamole and chips. Is this at the new Tequila bar in Mexico (inside)?
. . . inside
. . . only in the tequila bar

If so, do you make reservations
. . . no ressies available
. . . first-some-first-served
. . . and, seating is VERY limited

or can you just walk in and get some guac and dip?
. . . walk-in only way
. . . and, not for take-out

Also....is that on the dining plan as a snack option?
. . . no

Sunshine1010
10-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks so much for answering.

I've never been to this place so I was very curious. My husband and I looooove Guac/chips so we were wanting to try it.

Question: Would my 10 year old son be allowed in there?

Not on the dining plan? Bummer

BrerGnat
10-28-2011, 09:14 AM
You don't have to go inside just to get Guacamole and Chips. You can get them outside at La Cantina de San Angel (right outside of La Hacienda). This is a standard CS location, and you can order Guacamole with Chips, which is $7.25.

And, the DDP is accepted here.

The only reason to go inside to the bar is if you want Tequila.

BugeyedMuggy
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes your son can go in there. In Disney kids are even allowed at the bars (I personally would not let my child sit at the bar) But here there are no seats at the bar and the tables are first come first serve. Depending on time of year it can get crowded. If you get there by noon you should have no problem.

JerseyDad
10-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes your son can go in there. In Disney kids are even allowed at the bars (I personally would not let my child sit at the bar) But here there are no seats at the bar and the tables are first come first serve. Depending on time of year it can get crowded. If you get there by noon you should have no problem.

....agree that it can be crowded...REALLY crowded. But the "reward" is SO worth it to stop in for a drink...and some nice atmosphere.

...little tip: you have a better chance of a seat...or less crowd....Monday thru Thursday. We got there just after it opened on those days and had no issues...and got seating for 4 one time (this past September)