PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten Review

honeebee86
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
My husband and I went up for the day yesterday and got a 2:45pm lunch reservation for Biergarten. Although we weren't looking forward to sitting with strangers, we did want to try the food and have a fun lunch together. Now, don't get me wrong, it is not that we are antisocial, it is just we go to school full time and work full time so we didn't want to feel as though we weren't spending time together during our meal due to having to carry on a conversation with others. However, we did get lucky and were seated with a group of 6 who were from another country and didn't speak English so they talked amongst themselves and only said "hello" to us. Now, on to the restaurant......it is really nice inside and having the band is great fun and truly entertaining. I have no honest say in how authentic the food was, but it was really good. Both the cold and hot potato salad were delicious, the sauerkraut and sausage were wonderful, the pretzel bread is always a winner, the chicken schnitzel was pretty good, and the desserts were great. I liked the Bavarian cheesecake the best. Even though it was kind of a late lunch time, everything was very fresh. I would recommend this dining location if you haven't tried it before and we look forward to going back in the future!

SBETigg
10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
I love the interior. I think it's really lovely. But the food made it a one time only for me. I have no need to repeat it. It's all good, just not my style. I think everyone should try it once, though. The band is fun.

DisneyRN
10-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Biergarten! The food is to die for, and it is making my mouth water to think of it now!

I too agree that it can be "awkward" being sat with perfect strangers. We have never really "meshed" with the people we sat with. But, it is temporary and worth it...as the food is sooooooo good!

PETE FROM NYC
10-27-2011, 06:45 PM
A lot of the food is reminiscent of the style my German Grandmother made. Not as good, but decent. We try to eat there once each trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Glad you enjoyed it; it is one of our favourites.

We've been seated with one group that kinda ignored us, and two that we had a great time chatting (and even dancing) with.

RAIDER
10-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Ive been twice in my time and enjoyed it on both occasions ,The foods great and the entertainment is a good laugh .It seems to have a better atmosphere in the holiday season with all the decorations :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
thanks for the review

artyboy
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the review...we may need to try this, as it's one of the few restaurants in Epcot that we haven't dined at.

kathiep
11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
The whole family loves the Biergarten! Great food and terrific atmosphere. We've been hit or miss with our tablemates. The past year it was so-so; the year before we meet some wonderful people and had so much fun. Either way - definitely a must do on our trips.