PDA

View Full Version : Has Soarin' ever been refurbished since it opened?

honeebee86
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
If not, they really need to add that to the list of things to do and QUICK!!!!! My husband and I live just under 2 hours from WDW and yesterday we went on Soarin' (it has been about a year since we have) and it was really horrible. Not only were there HUGE spots all over the screen, the benches seemed like they were having a rough time as well. Going up and going down, you could feel them vibrating a bit and also when they moved. I have never experienced that before. They really need to either touch up the screen or put a new movie in to get rid of those blotches. It really takes away from the experience.

SBETigg
10-27-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think it's the screen. We went on several times a few weeks ago, and there were occasional dirt spots, in different places-- seems to be that dust gets on the lenses and they don't have a chance to clean it off between rides. I'm not sure if that's it, just a guess. One of the spots moved across the screen on one of our rides. It didn't really bother me. The benches felt fine to me.

Mogie
10-27-2011, 06:17 PM
besides maintenance, I think Soarin desperately needs a new movie. I could be wrong but it seems like it would be relatively easy and inexpensive to do compared to the video for Star Tours where every time you ride you get a different adventure.

sorcerer fan
10-27-2011, 07:51 PM
bring back the questions they used to project on the walls as you went up the line. at least it kept you busy while you waited!

linedropper
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Agree with the questions, the waving your hands stuff is weak and people lose interest quickly. I also think it should be easy to put a new movie in there! maybe yellowstone, grand canyon, florida

Hog
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
bring back the questions they used to project on the walls as you went up the line. at least it kept you busy while you waited!

They have those motion games on all the screens now. They seem to keep some people interested but can cause accidents with people swinging their arms around. When we were there during the F&WF we had quite a few drunk people in line that were an accident waiting to happen while playing these games, I had to pull my DD back a few times to avoid he getting hit in the head by people that thought you needed to flap your wings during the bird race game, when all you actually need to do is lean in the direction you want your bird to move.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-27-2011, 09:15 PM
They should make the movie for WDW so its is Soaring from West Coast to East Coast. From the Original Disney's Dream to the Final Disney's Dream.

kemps@wdw
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM
another vote for a Soarin movie refurb. I've always thought a "Soarin over America" would be FAB. Starting with Walt's original Disneyland, soar over the most wonderful sights that America has to offer from "sea to shining sea", and ending up with Walt's last and greatest dream...Walt Disney World! :thumbsup:

LVT
10-28-2011, 07:09 AM
I am hoping for multiples, like Star Tours. Of course it is already very difficult to get on this ride so that would make it impossible.