PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Dad's first trip report Day 2 WWoHP part 2

conan617
10-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Continued....

We stopped on a bridge into Hogsmeade (a different path than previous) and took some more pictures before we went back into Filch’s so Matthew could get a Hogwarts T-shirt. On our way out we saw the Hogwarts choir with the singing frogs and all. This was a really neat presentation and the Choir conductor stopped and gave Mara a high five. Our last stop of the day was Honeyduke’s for all of our sweets. We all bought chocolate frogs. Matthew and I got some Bertie Bott’s every flavor beans. Kelly bought some fizzy wizzys and I got a pumpkin juice. We said good bye to the Wizarding World and made the ½ hour journey back to the car. The Wizarding World was by far the best part of the day, the rest of the park was mediocre (except for Spiderman). Since we are all such big Potter fans we really enjoyed the day despite the rain and other attractions.
The rain and lightning started back up on our way back to AKL and kept up until late evening. Both days we have been visited by a Patterson’s Eland (the largest member of the gazelle family). He made himself a bed right below our balcony and we say hello every chance we get. Because we see him so often, we have named him Joe Eland and I swear that he is starting to recognize the fact that we call him Joe. As I am typing this up, it is dark, storming and humid. I am on the balcony with my laptop and Joe has taken his place below. I just love being here.
We ate dinner at The Mara and by then the rain and lightning had subsided so we went down to the pool. Kelly headed up to the room after an hour or so (I think she was still tired from the day before) and the kids and I stayed in the pool. The fire alarm started going off and the hotel was being evacuated into the pool area. We were in the pool and all the people in the restaurants and that particular wing were filing out. After about 15 minutes the all clear was given and people started back in. When we went back to the room, we asked Kelly if she heard the fire alarm and she said she heard a noise, but it was distant and didn’t know about the fire alarm. The front desk left a message on the phone that the fire alarm was pulled by a child and that everything was fine. It was a long and awesome day and we were ready for some rest so we all went to bed after that.

faline
10-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Glad the alarm was only a false alarm!

Isn't it wonderful to see the animals as you relax on your balcony?!

conan617
10-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Glad the alarm was only a false alarm!

Isn't it wonderful to see the animals as you relax on your balcony?!

Seeing the animals was one of our highlights! We originally booked a standard room thinking we would just walk to the outlook points, but there is something special about waking up and looking out your window first thing in the morning and seeing your animal friends.

pdrlkr
10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Glad it was a false alarm:blush:

Aurora
11-04-2011, 09:19 PM
The Animal Kingdom Lodge has not been high on our list of places to stay, but we've been thinking about it for our next trip. I think you just moved it to the top of the list.

KylesMom
11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, except for the fire alarm being pulled, this was a great ending to a fabulous day. AKL sounds like it suits your family perfectly! :mickey:

artyboy
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting!