PDA

View Full Version : If You Are a Cat Lover and Live in NJ or Nearby....

DebK
10-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I am helping to find good homes for around 30 cats. Their owner died unexpectedly and she lived alone, so the family is looking for new homes for them. The gal was not a hoarder. She actually converted her two-car garage to a cat sanctuary and took them all to the vets. The place was cleaner than most people's homes. The cats were well cared for and loved very much. Thanks!

Ian
10-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I work in Enjay, Deb, so I can put the word out.

Not sure I know of anyone that immediately comes to mind, but hey I'll spread it around and see what comes of it.

DebK
10-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks, Ian! That is very kind of you......

Katzateer
10-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Hope you are able to place the cats. Don't know of anyone that would be able to help but will ask around. I am dealing with a relatives cats we took in when she passed away and can't handle more than the 5 cats and 2dogs we have.

DebK
10-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks! We've placed 2 so far......Slowly but surely..........

DisneyDog
10-29-2011, 07:15 PM
You may want to contact petco or petsmart, and petvalu if they are near you. They usually have contacts with many rescue groups.

NJGIRL
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Debbie, Contact New jersey Animal Rights Alliance. They are located in Englishtown, I believe. They are an animal rights group but have their hands in everything. They may have resoures to help you. My house is full right now plus I don't have employment so I can't help. Animal Friends Foundation may also be able to help out with food until they are all placed. They have a food pantry so check them out. Both organizations can be found on line but if you can't find them PM me and I will get the numbers for you.

Been there & done that. It may seem overwhelming but just stay calm and things will work out.

Just a side note for everyone: this is exactly the reason everyone should make arrangements for their pets just in case the unthinkable happens. You can put pets in your will, but if you don't have one writing it down on a piece of paper and giving it to a trusted friend will work. Please remember to list even the smallest of pets and of course ask the person who will be taking your pet first.

I have seen too many loved pets end up in shelters and put down because their owners die without instructions left for them. You wouldn't believe how many relatives won't take the homeless animals in.

DebK
11-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks, DisneyDog and NJGirl!
We have placed a few more and there is fortunately enough money left behind to take care of them for quite a while as we find homes for them.