PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets, but not AP

sara114
10-26-2011, 08:07 AM
I am new to DVC and not sure about ticket info. I am planning next years vacations and need help. 2012 - We are doing the 5 day cruise out of New York in June and staying 3 nights at AKL studio in April. Not planning another trip to WDW until 2013.
My question is: Are there discounted tickets for the 3 days? Not really wanting an AP due to only 3 days of use in 2012 and would be expired before we go back in June of 2013.

Aurora
10-26-2011, 08:17 AM
There are discounts on tickets through brokers like the Official Ticket Center on Intercot. I don't know how many days you're planning on going in 2013, but a good option is buying a ticket for the total number of days in 2012 and 2013, then purchase the non-expiring option for the tickets. It jacks up the price per day, but it's cheaper than buying a 3-day ticket now, and another multiple-day ticket in 2013.

WRWDisney
10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
If you do what Aurora suggests (and I highly recommend it), two thoughts (maybe three, bear with me):

First, get the maximum number of days on the ticket (i.e. get the 10-day with no expiration).

Second, add the Water Parks and more.

Now, through the Official Ticket Center (Intercot sponsor), this will cost $629 per adult, tax included (vs $626 before taxes through Disney-about a $40 savings per ticket), but this gets you 10 days admission to all four parks with the park hopper option, as well as 10 admissions to either a Disney water park, DisneyQuest, a round of golf at Disney's nine hole Oak Trail Golf Course or, entry to Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex.

The 10 day non expiring will easily cover your April trip and your 2013 trip. If used with the Water parks and more, you might even get a third trip out that one ticket. Either way, if you are like us, your water park visits will be paid for, for the foreseeable future.

Best of luck:mickey:

Aurora
10-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Either way, if you are like us, your water park visits will be paid for, for the foreseeable future.

Great tip! Two trips ago we purchased non-expiring 7-day park hoppers with "fun" visits. We have 6 fun visits left on them even though the 7 theme park days are all used. So to us they're like free water park days for future trips (even though they were paid for, but long ago).

gratuspater
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Great tip! Two trips ago we purchased non-expiring 7-day park hoppers with "fun" visits. We have 6 fun visits left on them even though the 7 theme park days are all used. So to us they're like free water park days for future trips (even though they were paid for, but long ago).

So the water park and fun option doesn't expire when the regular park days are used up? If that is the case, this could be a very useful tip. Thanks in advance for clarifying!!:thumbsup:

Aurora
11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
So the water park and fun option doesn't expire when the regular park days are used up? If that is the case, this could be a very useful tip. Thanks in advance for clarifying!!:thumbsup:

No, they don't expire if you buy a no-expiration ticket, even if you use up all the theme park days.

For a few years in the 1990s, there was a ticket where the water parks did expire even when the theme park portion didn't (at that time there were no expiring theme-park passes). Disney offered a kind of Park Hopper for either 4 or 5 days, but you could visit the water parks any number of times for 7 days from the first use of the ticket. The water parks portion expired 7 days after the first use, even if you had unused, non-expiring theme park days at the end of your stay.