PDA

View Full Version : Playing Golf at Disney... Oak Trail

DunkieKong
10-26-2011, 01:47 AM
So I hope someone out there can give me some info about playing golf at Disney. We have a tee time at the Oak trail course, and are just looking for thoughts from anyone who has played here. Honestly, we are pretty awful golfers and are just looking to squeeze in 9 holes while the wives sleep. Any tips or experiences would be great. Thanks

Pirate Granny
10-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Hubby has never played there as it's a small walking course...I believe a par 3.

wdwfansince75
10-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Played Oak Trail long ago when DS#2 was about 8 years old...It was (is) a Par 3 type course...a walking course, no carts allowed...It is great for kids or duffers...Not near as challanging as Palm or Magnolia. Nice walk, mostly flat. Perfect for the type of golfer you described.

Nascfan
10-26-2011, 01:57 PM
It is not a par 3 course. It is, however, a nice, relatively easy course for anyone to play. Our daughter played there as part of her high school graduation present in 2010 when the Magnolia was closed for refurb (which was where she originally had wanted to play due to the Mickey Mouse sand trap). It is a walking course, and they do have pull carts should you desire. It is a good course for anyone of any skill level to play on and enjoy a couple hours of golfing at Walt Disney World.

DisneyorBust
10-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Seconding what Nascfan has said. It is not a par 3 course, it is a regulation course.
DS and I have played it in the past and have had a great time, it is a good course for us 'regular' golfers.
The course is very well maintained, with level tee boxes, fairly wide fairways (which I need!) and good greens, nothing with severe slopes or undulations.
Enjoy your round at the Oak Trail!
Let us know about your round !