PDA

View Full Version : Ok to keep towel animal?

Giselle
10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Is it ok to keep the towel animal housekeeping leaves in your room?

Disney4us2
10-25-2011, 10:46 PM
I voted yes. I have read that the towels they use are ones that they would be throwing away, or taking out of use. In April I brought home a birthday cake towel, with beads as the icing. That was a real birthday treat for me.:party: If they are too large, I just take a picture and enjoy the towel creation through out my visit.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I said yes, but I do ask the mosuekeeper first if we may.

And even if we have been honored with several, we will only take one favourite. :cloud9:

They are such wonderful reminders on our shelves at home!

DizneyRox
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
You should see my suitcase on departure day...

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-26-2011, 07:42 AM
I voted yes.

We asked our mousekeeper on the last trip and she told us a resounding yes. So, we took our favourite and she sits up in our den.

SBETigg
10-26-2011, 08:39 AM
If they've used the hot glue to make it stick or to attach things, then yes. Those towels won't be used again. If not, then you're taking hotel towels and that is a no.

Jeri
10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
I voted yes because we were told to take them all.
When we stayed at POP in 2007 they actually had a few tables set up in the lobby one day and they had a big assortment of them out that you could take what you liked. If you wanted they had a few Mousekeepers there to show you how to make them or you could tell them what you wanted and they made it for you.
The lady in charge said that they make them for you and you can and should take them home.

BeccaO
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I voted "yes", you should see my collection of towel animals, and the mousekeeping lady at GF was very emphatic that they make those for us to take-home!!!

brownie
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I think taking a picture is the way to go, even if someone from housekeeping said it was okay to take the towel animal. The towels I have seen used have always been good and usable. It may seem like a small thing, but if you add up a bunch of towels it can be a significant cost that gets passed on to all of us. If they only used towels that were being replaced anyways, that would be different, but how can you really know?

GusNJacque
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I have taken them too. I have some really cool holiday ones. I think they want you to enjoy them. :mickey:

Disney4us2
10-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I think taking a picture is the way to go, even if someone from housekeeping said it was okay to take the towel animal. The towels I have seen used have always been good and usable. It may seem like a small thing, but if you add up a bunch of towels it can be a significant cost that gets passed on to all of us. If they only used towels that were being replaced anyways, that would be different, but how can you really know?

Like Sherri (SBETigg) mentioned, the ones with hot gun glue, beads that are glued on etc wll not be used again. The birthday cake I did take was two layers of towels glued together. It also had Mardi Gras beads glued to the cake as icing. It also had flowers, and pompoms hot glued. I don't think anyone would want to take it apart and use it as a towel anymore.

I will not take anything that comes apart, or not glued together. The only one we got was a giant Mickey head, made up of three towels. It was waiting on our bed. I just took pictures of that and used the towels.

princessgirls
10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I voted yes and our fabulous maid this year at the Pop Martha left 2 special ones in our room for the last day with a note for the girls to keep.

They LOVE them and have them on their dressers in their rooms.

That's one of the many little things that make a Disney vacation so magical!

Julie:mickey:

c&d
10-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I voted yes. We asked one time and housekeeping said we could keep all the animals. We only kept a couple of them.

WDWdreamer87
10-26-2011, 07:36 PM
You are allowed to take the towels, as they are specially made for each guest room once the previous guests leave. :)

wdwaggie
10-27-2011, 03:42 PM
We had a heart made on the first day, then a bouquet of flowers, but the neatest were the little swans she made for our electric toothbrushes to sit in. To my surprise, my DW put these in her suitcase when we left and I was happy to see my toothbrush sitting in it when we got home and unpacked! Thanks Babe!!:thumbsup:

Dyanna
10-27-2011, 05:37 PM
We never take the towel animals but we always take photos of them :-)

MissMaryPoppins
10-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I voted yes also. We've taken two over the years. The year we stayed at the Polynesian housekeeping left us something different every day. She spelled out ALOHA on one of the beds with Mickey underneath it, a monkey wearing a lei was hanging on one of the beds and that was the one we took home. We brother liked it so much he carefully packed it and kept it in his room. One afternoon after being at the pool I was going back to my room and when I walked in we had an alligator walking across our room. That was my favorite one. After being at the Old Key West for my brother's wedding weekend I took a little towel duck which is currently on my bathroom sink. I think the resorts are ok with guests taking them. They're the kind of things I imagine the resort expects to be taken and as someone pointed out a lot of them are glued or have some kind of embellishment on them.

DisneyFr33k
10-30-2011, 08:18 AM
I voted yes.

We asked our mousekeeper on the last trip and she told us a resounding yes. So, we took our favourite and she sits up in our den.

We did the same thing. :thumbsup:

beksy
10-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I take pictures of all of them and then we usually pick out one or two favorites that are glued together to bring home with us. My favorite is a cat. It was waiting for me at the CR one day when I happened to be missing my cat at home (she's my baby!) so that was like my own special pixie dust. :tink:

Mousemates
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
I voted no, it would just feel like stealing to me. However, we do take them home with us in that we also take pictures of them. My kids also took a class on a disney cruise that taught them how to make them so we can create our own if the mood ever strikes us.

Goes4FastPass
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
We rarely (never) keep towel animals

BUT

My wife once asked a housekeeper if she (HK) would make a towel animal while she (wife) made a "mini-movie" of it. The housekeeper happily agreed and my wife came away with a 15 second "how to".

Dsnygirl
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
We have never received any, so I didn't vote... :( ... even with two young children, and a Mousekeeping tip every day.

But -- my DD did receive a towel birthday cake on her b'day, complete with pipe cleaner candles, and we did bring that home -- and we were told it was fine to do so.

I would LOVE to have a towel animal collection, esp. since the resounding answer from the staff has been "take them!" Maybe we'll start getting lucky next trip, now that I know I can bring one home.... ;)