PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli vs. Tutto Italia

Airblue1
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Which do you guys favor?
Thanks

btharvey
10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Haven't eaten at Via Napoli, but I can certain recommend Tutto Italia on its own -- excellent!

Strmchsr
10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
It depends on what you're wanting. For a traditional Italian meal, Tutto Italia is great. But, Via Napoli's pizza is incredible and, to my family, one of the best meals at WDW. It's hard to compare the two places because they have very different focuses.

WDWForever
10-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I agree with Strmchsr. I've been to both and you can't go wrong with either. Great food.

BrerGnat
10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd personally choose Via Napoli because the pizza is AMAZING! We have an ADR (the only one I made for the week) for December and I can't wait.

Tutto Italia is also very good, although more expensive and more traditional, heavier food.

SBETigg
10-26-2011, 08:28 AM
I haven't been to Tutto Italia since it was Alfredo's, and I didn't love it then. Via Napoli is one that I would go back to again. We had a good meal and really enjoyed it. I think I heard something about Tutto Italia closing in the near future for a refurbishment, but I'm not sure when that happens. It might affect your decision.

wildernesslady
10-26-2011, 08:46 AM
That's a tough choice. They are both excellent. I would probably pick Via since you are able to get pizza; as well as, entrees. On our last trip, we booked both.

Checkers
10-26-2011, 08:55 AM
It depends on what you're wanting. For a traditional Italian meal, Tutto Italia is great. But, Via Napoli's pizza is incredible and, to my family, one of the best meals at WDW. It's hard to compare the two places because they have very different focuses.

:ditto:

ILoveMickey'77
10-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I personally would pick Tutto. I've been there 3 times and it's been excellent all 3 times. In fact, the last time I went was probably the best meal I've ever had on property, maybe anywhere outside of the "world" as well. We also went to Via Napoli on the trip and hated it. The pizza was good but we thought it was expensive. The salad was awesome though. I had spinach lasagna and it was disgusting. DISGUSTING. It just wasn't worth the price. We will probably never step in Via Napoli again, but Tutto is a MUST do on every trip.

One thing to add, if you get stuck in the side dining room at Via Napoli, it feels like you are eating in a cheap hotel ballroom. The decor and ambiance is severly lacking.

sonamae80
10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
On our last trip, we at ate Tutto and were very pleased with our food and our service we received! My Mom got their Lobster Rissotto and it was to.die.for!!!!!!!! I got their Carbonara and it was very good, as well! Our waiter was wonderful and made sure we were well taken care of! You could tell he loved his job! ;) I've not eaten at Napoli, so I can't give reviews there!

brownie
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I've only eaten at Via Napoli, so I can't compare the two. Via Napoli was excellent and I would highly recommend giving it a try.

brivers222
12-04-2011, 03:11 PM
how does via napoli work on the Deluxe dining plan?

does each person get a app, pizza and dessert??

SBETigg
12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
how does via napoli work on the Deluxe dining plan?

does each person get a app, pizza and dessert??

Pizza, if that's what you order. I imagine you would get the individual size pizzas as an entree in that case, yes. They also have pasta dishes and other things on the menu. But yes, the Deluxe DP is appetizer-entree-dessert per person.

Crow
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
ate at Via Napoli last trip and agree that the pizza was great. ID probably go w that

LVT
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Via Napoli was great. We ate and then got another reservation for 3 days later.

SurferStitch
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
DH and I love Via Napoli. It's one of our must-do's. Food and service are excellent. They also have a great wine selection.

We are very pleasantly surprised the first time we ate there, and have returned every trip since. :thumbsup:

Lightning McQueen
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Two huge thumbs down on tutto from my wife (Italian) and me.

Ms. Mode
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM

This is exactly right! We love them both! :thumbsup:

MissMaryPoppins
12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I've been to both and enjoyed the food in both places. Via Napoli has great pizza, which is one of the things I miss since moving from NJ, but we were rushed both times we ate there. Being rushed in a restaurant is a big peeve of mine and my family. We were there on Saturday and barely had time to look at the menu before our waiter was there to take our order. We asked if we could order drinks first then look over the menu. He hovered over us we looked over the menu. We all decided on pizza but we also wanted to see what else was available. I made our reservation online the week before and when we arrived the hostess couldn't find it. My mother noticed on the reservation list that our name had a check by it and was crossed out so maybe they heard a name wrong and checked ours accidentally. The hostesses were nice about it though and seated us quickly. Tutto Italia was more relaxing and we had nice dinners there a few times.

big blue and hairy
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I haven't been to Tutto Italia since it was Alfredo's, and I didn't love it then.
Toward the end of the run of Alfredo's they appeared to stop caring and stop trying. Tutto Italia is much better. I would highly recommend it. That said, I would also recommend Via Napoli. DW and I love them both. It really comes down to how much you want to spend for me. Tutto is more formal and more expensive.

:sulley:

epceddie
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm confused. Are they both at Epcot?