PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard Barbeque or Hoop-Dee-Doo for 2 year old?

SugarMagnolia
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
We will be there at the end of April/beginning of May 2012. We will have our grandson with us -- he will be 22 months old. Which one do you think is better for a child that age? Mickey's Backyard Barbeque or Hoop-Dee-Doo? I've never been to either one. One other thing to consider: I'm a vegetarian.
Thanks
Angela

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
I've only been to the HDD, and I've seen lots of small kids having a great time!

There is lots for them to look at, lots of singing and moving around of the actors, so it helps to keep their attention quite well.

From what I understand about the BBQ, there is time to "dance" and really get up and out of your seats, which could be good (or bad) depending on your grandson.

SugarMagnolia
10-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Well my grandson LOVES to dance, that's for sure!!!

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 09:06 AM
We've only done the BBQ so far. Did it on the last two trips and had a blast both times. Our girls weren't that little, but I know they would have loved it at that age too. They love getting up and dancing. They were totally wow-ed by the guy who does the rope tricks. He was amazing! The food was good, but not being vegetarian I didn't pay attention to how much they had available. There's definitely salad, corn on the cob, watermelon. Perhaps someone else can give a better report on the food.