PDA

View Full Version : Is Ohana just that popular?

gointodisney
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok so we booked a trip to WDW for early march, and I am busy making reservations for dinners.
The only time I can get at Ohana is at 5 pm on one day, everything else is booked. Ate there a separate block of table for people on the Disney dining plan or something like that?
I can not believe that this place is booked up that far out.

clausjo
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
I was able to find reservations for our upcoming February trip yesterday, for two separate nights. This is during free dining also. Granted, they're for 8:00, but for us that's good. Keep trying, you never know when people are going to cancel.

SBETigg
10-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Honestly, it is that popular, one of the hardest to score ADRs at WDW. Sometimes things open up. I would keep checking. Disney resort guests have the ability to book length of stay up to ten days from their first day of stay, so people checking in at the 180 day in advance who want 'Ohana usually book that one first. Le Cellier is the other one that can be hard to book, and Cinderella's Royal Table, especially for breakfast.

TinkerbellT421
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
O'Hana's is extremely popular. We have eaten there twice, and both times we have never seen a table empty longer than five minutes before another table would have someone there. And we have had reservations and eaten that as late as 8pm in time to watch Wishes from the window table. I would keep checking every day as often as possible if it were me and hope for a cancelation. Good luck!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I booked at 180 days out and the only time available was 720pm for dinner...and we are on the dining plan...I kept checking back and got a 6pm that opened up a couple of days later. Shortly thereafter, there were no available times. I am happy to have my 6pm ADR:mickey:

BrerGnat
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
It is that popular. Be happy you at least got a decent dinner hour. I tried to book an ADR for our trip in December, and the only thing available was 9:45 PM on our arrival night. No thanks!

faline
10-25-2011, 05:14 PM
It's very popular. There are times when we've gone to Tambu Lounge and it's practically impossible to get a seat as it is full of folks waiting to be called to their tables in O'Hana's.

BugeyedMuggy
10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't understand the hype but my DD & her BF wanted to go on our last trip. I had to check many times a day to get a ressie for 8pm. To me not worth it but they really like it.

wildernesslady
10-25-2011, 05:34 PM
We feel it is worth going. On our last trip, our ADR was for 8:35. We went onto the beach and watched Wishes and then went up to dinner. We try to get there every trip.

DizneyRox
10-25-2011, 07:20 PM
I can not believe that this place is booked up that far out.
Me neither, but to each his own I guess...

minnie-mouse
10-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes, OHana is very popular and well worth it to make your ressie way in advance.

A Big Kid
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
5:00 is the best time for an ADR at Ohana! The meat is actually moist at this time.

gointodisney
10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I know it is worth it. I have eaten there a couple of time in the past and this time will be going with our 2yo son. He will love the games the have during dinner (do they still do that? broom and coconut., hula hoop and the like)
I am actually sitting on 2 reservations now, and just have to decide which one to keep.

TinkerbellT421
10-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I know it is worth it. I have eaten there a couple of time in the past and this time will be going with our 2yo son. He will love the games the have during dinner (do they still do that? broom and coconut., hula hoop and the like)
I am actually sitting on 2 reservations now, and just have to decide which one to keep.

When we were there in January yes they were still doing all the games. And a new one I hadnt remembered seeing the year before, but right now that memory is escaping me I cant formulate in my head what the "new" thing I saw was....grrr lol

tinksmom02
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
5:00 is the best time for an ADR at Ohana! The meat is actually moist at this time.

When we can get an ADR at 'Ohana we prefer the earlier time. It seems that no matter how close to 5pm (opening) we can get there, we still have to wait in the check-in line--and then usually after that, too.

So for us we make a 5pm ADR, hoping to be seated by 6 ;)

mydisneygirls
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
We didn't eat there on our recent trip but was wondering if they still have the skewers of shrimp???? I heard they did away with them.

Christine
10-27-2011, 11:12 PM
We didn't eat there on our recent trip but was wondering if they still have the skewers of shrimp???? I heard they did away with them.

They have shrimp. They did away with turkey & replaced it with chicken.